Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Mis-matched in war

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    I remember being toLd to “sit down and shut up, nothing to see here” when I dared to suggest that not weighting the TH itself at 13 was a bad idea that would provide more engineering opportunities. Don’t mind me though, I’m just a canary in a mineshaft.
    Honestly, the upgrade to 13 I don't see any reason to weight that specifically as Level 5 GT == Level 1 GI. We routinely beat clans with lower end Th13s. The problem I have with our match is that the opponent had one fully maxed 13, including heroes, and another that had L5 GI, 2 L2 Scatters, and a handful of other upgrades (including L10 RC, L4 EA, 1 L7 inferno, etc), with Th9/10 walls. All this while we didn't even have a maxed 12.

The problem seems to be less the weight of the upgrade itself and more the weight of the associated TH13 specific pieces. I.e. the weight difference between a maxed 12 and a currently maxed 13 is just way too small.

That opponent, as far back as I can see on cocp.it has always faced 1-3 TH13s. I did not analyze how heavy any of them were though. Regardless, I do not understand why we were matched to them, unless perhaps it is SC goal to push people to upgrade faster.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; 6 Days Ago at 04:06 PM.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH8-12
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm permamax (for now)
    TH11 - doug 50/50/20 heroes

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    I.e. the weight difference between a maxed 12 and a currently maxed 13 is just way too small.

Agree with that part, 10K difference, but that also same amount of weight difference in the case of max TH11 vs TH12.

THe biggest difference is u can have from 40-110K weight of th11, while in th12 the variance is very low from 110k-120k most of the time, because of built all policy
    https://www.clashofstats.com/clans/a...LPP80/members/

Engineered clan focused on crafting optimized bases

Quote Originally Posted by samratulangi View Post
    Agree with that part, 10K difference, but that also same amount of weight difference in the case of max TH11 vs TH12.

THe biggest difference is u can have from 40-110K weight of th11, while in th12 the variance is very low from 110k-120k most of the time, because of built all policy
    Let's be honest though, that range only applies to sandbagged 11s. The vast majority of 11s these days have EAs and all D dropped. When we were topping out our wars with 2-3 TH11s we never ran into a maxed 12. If we did encounter a 12 it was always rushed with weak heroes. That seems to no longer be the case on the move to 13. Which makes even less sense unless they are putting little if any offensive weight into the MM algorithm. IMO dropping the RC should be akin to dropping the EA at 11, or upgrading to 12. The move to GI level 3 should be heavier than it is as well....and Scatters are clearly not weighted properly either.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; 5 Days Ago at 01:39 PM.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH8-12
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm permamax (for now)
    TH11 - doug 50/50/20 heroes

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    Let's be honest though, that range only applies to sandbagged 11s. The vast majority of 11s these days have EAs and all D dropped. When we were topping out our wars with 2-3 TH11s we never ran into a maxed 12. If we did encounter a 12 it was always rushed with weak heroes. That seems to no longer be the case on the move to 13. Which makes even less sense unless they are putting little if any offensive weight into the MM algorithm. IMO dropping the RC should be akin to dropping the EA at 11, or upgrading to 12. The move to GI level 3 should be heavier than it is as well....and Scatters are clearly not weighted properly either.
    agree, u nailed it, the scattershot and RC is not weighted properly, that is why i said the biggest issue is not the th13 weight itself, but those 2 game changer weight.

Or the other possibility is just loosened top th parity
    Last edited by samratulangi; 4 Days Ago at 06:45 AM.
    https://www.clashofstats.com/clans/a...LPP80/members/

Engineered clan focused on crafting optimized bases