Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 68 of 68

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Mis-matched in war

  1. #61
    Forum Elder Thegreatpuma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Druidia
    Posts
    2,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    I remember being toLd to “sit down and shut up, nothing to see here” when I dared to suggest that not weighting the TH itself at 13 was a bad idea that would provide more engineering opportunities. Don’t mind me though, I’m just a canary in a mineshaft.
    Honestly, the upgrade to 13 I don't see any reason to weight that specifically as Level 5 GT == Level 1 GI. We routinely beat clans with lower end Th13s. The problem I have with our match is that the opponent had one fully maxed 13, including heroes, and another that had L5 GI, 2 L2 Scatters, and a handful of other upgrades (including L10 RC, L4 EA, 1 L7 inferno, etc), with Th9/10 walls. All this while we didn't even have a maxed 12.

    The problem seems to be less the weight of the upgrade itself and more the weight of the associated TH13 specific pieces. I.e. the weight difference between a maxed 12 and a currently maxed 13 is just way too small.

    That opponent, as far back as I can see on cocp.it has always faced 1-3 TH13s. I did not analyze how heavy any of them were though. Regardless, I do not understand why we were matched to them, unless perhaps it is SC goal to push people to upgrade faster.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; April 1st, 2020 at 04:06 PM.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH8-12
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm permamax (for now)
    TH11 - doug 50/50/20 heroes

  2. #62
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,670
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    I.e. the weight difference between a maxed 12 and a currently maxed 13 is just way too small.

    Agree with that part, 10K difference, but that also same amount of weight difference in the case of max TH11 vs TH12.

    THe biggest difference is u can have from 40-110K weight of th11, while in th12 the variance is very low from 110k-120k most of the time, because of built all policy
    https://cocp.it/clan/L8VLPP80

    Engineered clan focused on crafting optimized bases

  3. #63
    Forum Elder Thegreatpuma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Druidia
    Posts
    2,072
    Quote Originally Posted by samratulangi View Post
    Agree with that part, 10K difference, but that also same amount of weight difference in the case of max TH11 vs TH12.

    THe biggest difference is u can have from 40-110K weight of th11, while in th12 the variance is very low from 110k-120k most of the time, because of built all policy
    Let's be honest though, that range only applies to sandbagged 11s. The vast majority of 11s these days have EAs and all D dropped. When we were topping out our wars with 2-3 TH11s we never ran into a maxed 12. If we did encounter a 12 it was always rushed with weak heroes. That seems to no longer be the case on the move to 13. Which makes even less sense unless they are putting little if any offensive weight into the MM algorithm. IMO dropping the RC should be akin to dropping the EA at 11, or upgrading to 12. The move to GI level 3 should be heavier than it is as well....and Scatters are clearly not weighted properly either.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; April 2nd, 2020 at 01:39 PM.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH8-12
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm permamax (for now)
    TH11 - doug 50/50/20 heroes

  4. #64
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,670
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    Let's be honest though, that range only applies to sandbagged 11s. The vast majority of 11s these days have EAs and all D dropped. When we were topping out our wars with 2-3 TH11s we never ran into a maxed 12. If we did encounter a 12 it was always rushed with weak heroes. That seems to no longer be the case on the move to 13. Which makes even less sense unless they are putting little if any offensive weight into the MM algorithm. IMO dropping the RC should be akin to dropping the EA at 11, or upgrading to 12. The move to GI level 3 should be heavier than it is as well....and Scatters are clearly not weighted properly either.
    agree, u nailed it, the scattershot and RC is not weighted properly, that is why i said the biggest issue is not the th13 weight itself, but those 2 game changer weight.

    Or the other possibility is just loosened top th parity
    Last edited by samratulangi; April 3rd, 2020 at 06:45 AM.
    https://cocp.it/clan/L8VLPP80

    Engineered clan focused on crafting optimized bases

  5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    I remember being toLd to “sit down and shut up, nothing to see here” when I dared to suggest that not weighting the TH itself at 13 was a bad idea that would provide more engineering opportunities. Don’t mind me though, I’m just a canary in a mineshaft.
    Well there isn't any reason to do so.

    The level 1 TH13 is virtually no different to the level 5 TH12.

    Increases in the giga weapon are quite heavily weighted at both TH12 and TH13.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  6. #66
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    2,361
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Well there isn't any reason to do so.

    The level 1 TH13 is virtually no different to the level 5 TH12.

    Increases in the giga weapon are quite heavily weighted at both TH12 and TH13.
    There wouldnt need to be a weighting of the TH at 13 if the proper weighting was done for troops and the RC that you can get and upgrade as a freshie TH13. I dont think the troop and RC weighting is heavy enough.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doestít like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

  7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    There wouldnt need to be a weighting of the TH at 13 if the proper weighting was done for troops and the RC that you can get and upgrade as a freshie TH13. I dont think the troop and RC weighting is heavy enough.
    Not sure about troops, but I think you are right about the RC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  8. #68
    Forum Elder Thegreatpuma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Druidia
    Posts
    2,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    There wouldnt need to be a weighting of the TH at 13 if the proper weighting was done for troops and the RC that you can get and upgrade as a freshie TH13. I dont think the troop and RC weighting is heavy enough.
    The scatter shots and level 3+ GI are also improperly weighted too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •