Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Mis-matched in war

This is gonna be a fun war.

I've seen some stuff in my time but I'm wholly unsure what's going on with th13. This clan has us in GW and obviously RC champion levels. Their top two both have maxed giga inferno and maxed Scatter. Base 1 is fully maxed while 2 has th10 walls. They have enough attacks to dip 3* top to bottom. Is this supercells way to try and get us to rush?

I just don't know anymore.

https://ibb.co/GnpDmSW
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; March 30th, 2020 at 02:54 AM.

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    This is gonna be a fun war.

I've seen some stuff in my time but I'm wholly unsure what's going on with th13. This clan has us in GW and obviously RC champion levels. Their top two both have maxed giga inferno and maxed Scatter. Base 1 is fully maxed while 2 has th10 walls. They have enough attacks to dip 3* top to bottom. Is this supercells way to try and get us to rush?

I just don't know anymore.

https://ibb.co/GnpDmSW
    You got out gamed. Both of you are sandbagging at the bottom big time.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    You've claimed that th6 IS why they had an advantage up top and that is the part I disagree with. Again, unless something has changed recently. If something has changed recently to make that roster engineering work again then that is definitely not good. If you think it has, just put 5 th3s in the bottom of your next several wars and you are sure to dominate all of them. If nothing has recently changed you'll find that doesn't do anything other than increase the chance you match defenseless bases at the bottom of other clans. Let me know if it works like it used to back when that was a big problem.
    I did exactly this in my last war..
    Switched from 7x 9s at the top going down to a max 5 at 20v war size.. last 2 wars at that break down were perfect draws..

Switched to 3x 9s at the top, then almost no advancement on any accounts, but created 5x 3s for the bottom..
    It matched (eventually) with a clan of newbies running with 3 pretty rushed 9s, and tapering down to 5s, with a 4 on the bottom..
    I expect the numbers will have added up, since my 2 highest are big for 9, and a fairly new 3rd (defensively but max war troops) simply to try and utilise the "top hall matching" for top hall advantage..

The outcome was 20 easy raids against them..
    Early days, but just maybe roster engineering is back with a vengeance.

Our last war our opponent was using roster engineering. It gave them maybe a slight advantage, nothing major though.

They had 1 TH10, 5 TH9, 4 TH8, 1 TH6, 2 TH5, 2 TH4

We had 1 TH10, 6 TH9, 6 TH8, 2 TH5

The TH10's were about equivalent.

They had two Max TH9's with 25ish heroes while we had one.
    They had one Max TH9 with 20ish heroes while we had two.
    They had one mid TH9 while we had one.
    They had 1 early/rush TH9 while we had two.

Their TH10's-TH8's all had extremely high war stars (a lot over 1000), while the rest had almost nothing. In the war their TH4-5 did not attack. They won the war. This seems to be working for them as they now have a 16 win streak going.

Quote Originally Posted by Thammondwis View Post
    Our last war our opponent was using roster engineering. It gave them maybe a slight advantage, nothing major though.

They had 1 TH10, 5 TH9, 4 TH8, 1 TH6, 2 TH5, 2 TH4

We had 1 TH10, 6 TH9, 6 TH8, 2 TH5

The TH10's were about equivalent.

They had two Max TH9's with 25ish heroes while we had one.
    They had one Max TH9 with 20ish heroes while we had two.
    They had one mid TH9 while we had one.
    They had 1 early/rush TH9 while we had two.

Their TH10's-TH8's all had extremely high war stars (a lot over 1000), while the rest had almost nothing. In the war their TH4-5 did not attack. They won the war. This seems to be working for them as they now have a 16 win streak going.
    A 16 streak isnt a bad return for roster engineering..
    Downside is that usually you meet somebody that does it better, or a draw snaps the streak..
    My last but one opponents had a decent run around the double figure mark, but a perfect draw ended their run.

Running a single anchor will always be risky, since there is no back up plan if the draw goes south.

Quote Originally Posted by Klavious View Post
    You got out gamed. Both of you are sandbagging at the bottom big time.
    Outgamed lol...I am not attempting to game anything. We take all town halls that want to war, with the understanding that we will occasionally get mismatches. Which is fine. What we have above is utterly ridiculous. There is absolutely no reason we should ever match a clan with a fully maxed TH one full level above ours.

Unless you are implying that taking a larger range of Town halls is sandbagging. If that is what you mean you have a weird definition of the term.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; March 31st, 2020 at 08:01 PM.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH8-12
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm permamax (for now)
    TH11 - doug 50/50/20 heroes

This is just pure speculation on my part, but I suspect that the matchmaking logarithm has changed a bit with the introduction of TH13. We hardly have lopsided matches ever since the improvements have been made, but started to do so when TH13 was released. Now that we have placed a couple of filler THs in the mix, we get still get one top TH disadvantage, but not as bad as before. I don't like to do this, but in order to get fairer match ups, I'm afraid we are sort of forced to do it.

Forum Elder
    I remember being toLd to “sit down and shut up, nothing to see here” when I dared to suggest that not weighting the TH itself at 13 was a bad idea that would provide more engineering opportunities. Don’t mind me though, I’m just a canary in a mineshaft.
    Last edited by Tosti111; April 1st, 2020 at 05:40 AM.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doestít like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    I remember being toLd to ďsit down and shut up, nothing to see hereĒ when I dared to suggest that not weighting the TH itself at 13 was a bad idea that would provide more engineering opportunities. Donít mind me though, Iím just a canary in a mineshaft.
    THe issue is not the TH13 weight, SC actually weight th13 similar to TH12, the difference is, from TH11 to go to TH12 u can have a very big weight gain, because u may come from very low weight TH1, with underleveled defenses, so th12 seems gain a lot of weight, but the actual weight of 5* th12 itself is only 3K, if u come from maxed th11, same with 5* Th13, it is around 3k if u come from maxed th12.

So it is not the th13 def weight issue only, but combined def and offense weight issue that makes difference. TH13 offense may not yet reach max th13, make it close to max th12
    Last edited by samratulangi; April 1st, 2020 at 05:59 AM.
    https://cocp.it/clan/L8VLPP80

Engineered clan focused on crafting optimized bases

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    I remember being toLd to “sit down and shut up, nothing to see here” when I dared to suggest that not weighting the TH itself at 13 was a bad idea that would provide more engineering opportunities. Don’t mind me though, I’m just a canary in a mineshaft.
    Is that cage big enough for two lol..
    Will need a second perch, so we can observe social distancing.