Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clearing cache memory

Clearing cache memory

I saw a thread regarding coc taking more storage space in phone few month ago may be. Tried to search that thread but didnt find it,tried to google not much help there too.
    The app occupied 162 mb of space and roughly 12 mb app data where as cache of 508 mb making total space occupied by coc 681 mb.
    I dont have problem with storage as of now coz i still have like 24 gb of internal space free so that 500 odd mb is not much to keep it as it is but still wanted to know.
    I guess cache data helps to run the game smoothly not sure though if thats true.
    P.S
    I got multiple id logged in same device all of them are supercell ID though
    https://ibb.co/dWwj7Kc

Quote Originally Posted by RH69 View Post
    Tried to search that thread but didnt find it,tried to google not much help there too.
    I tryed google 🙄 "supercell forum darian cache". First shown thread is the one you are looking.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...20936-1gb-Mark

yes ,cache is basically a copy of your data which loads up when you open the game to help it load faster than the first time launch.

I checked it on my device , 578 megabits ??????
    That's way too much .Only 3 accounts logged in !!

Edit : You can clear it without any worries .Clash is not VERY HEAVY resource demandig game ,you won't even notice if cached data is cleared
    Last edited by TH9clasherIND; February 25th, 2020 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TH9clasherIND View Post
    I checked it on my device , 578 megabits ??????
    That's way too much .Only 3 accounts logged in !!
    My device also has 3 accounts with 543 MB cache.

Yep i knew this thread was there and was looking for it as i mentioned but guess i didnt get the correct keyword to search
    I searched with "what if i clear cache of coc" in Google and it did showed me a thread
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthread.php/1499306
    but that didnt helped me much .
    Thanks anyways thats the thread i was looking for
    I used to make threads right away when i was new to forum but its been a while now so i do my research first and if i dont get any help from there i make a thread
    Last edited by RH69; February 25th, 2020 at 03:28 PM.

You need to know, it does not store all your accounts on your device. When you switch bases the current one is deleted and a new one is loaded, reason you used to have to type CONFIRM when switching, it was asking if you wanted to replace the current base with a new one.
    Level: 262 | TH13
    Highest Trophy Count:5608 | Donations: 1.63 million | Hero Levels: 210

Kind of odd.
    On my tab s5e it says 487mb cache and 5,23mb data.
    On my p20pro it says 67,11mb cache and 484mb data.

Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    You need to know, it does not store all your accounts on your device. When you switch bases the current one is deleted and a new one is loaded, reason you used to have to type CONFIRM when switching, it was asking if you wanted to replace the current base with a new one.
    that is for sure my friend .
    but the game does keep a record of datas like e-mails connected to SC-ID .which depend on the no. of accounts

Standing outside a broken Clan Castle with Gold in my hand
    I have five IDs saved. According to my storage, the app is using 161.7MB and 12.3MB in “documents & data”. This is a new device (iphone 11) purchased in October. Am I looking in the wrong place, or is this just an Android problem?

Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    I have five IDs saved. According to my storage, the app is using 161.7MB and 12.3MB in “documents & data”. This is a new device (iphone 11) purchased in October. Am I looking in the wrong place, or is this just an Android problem?
    This what it looks like after i clear cache but then loading the game took longer and cache is full again. Loading without clearing cache is way faster.