Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DE for medals

DE for medals

Anyone know why we canít buy DE with cwl medals? Asking for a friend.

Standing outside a broken Clan Castle with Gold in my hand
    Tell your friend it’s because Supercell doesn’t offer Dark Elixir for medals. Probably also that it would make the Hero grind too easy.

Warriors are OP
    Why buy DE when you can buy hammers and avoid the need for DE at all??? Medals are for Hammers.....

Forum Elder
    Tell your "friend" that SC decided to keep it limited to Gold and Elixir. simple as that.
    then also tell your "friend" to get out there and get her/his grind on and slurp up that Dark juice! Mass Miners put in good work in this regard. (if s/he have them unlocked)

also listen to Carmour987 and hammer down! though hammers arent the exclusive item for metals, it is a very good use of them IMO.

Centennial Club
    Tell your friend, it will never happen and it's not even open for discussion..

All freemium games have what is commonly referred to as, “in game currencies”. For Clash, that includes Gold, Elixir, Dark Elixir, Medals, Gems, Builder Gold and Builder Elixir. Even the Books, Hammers, Runes, and Potions are forms of currency when you consider their functions. These currencies, however, are not created equal. As a game evolves, one or more will be branded as premium currencies - a currency that is not quite as readily available and higher amounts of which are needed to purchase things in game. Generally speaking, premium currencies are used to buy higher end items.

Dark Elixir is a premium currency in Clash. It’s the least available resource in the game and has limited uses. Gold and Elixir...there are SO many places to spend it that you’ll never run out. DE, though...not so much so.

Keep in mind - Clash is a business product. There’s all kinds of balancing going on here - time, costs, etc. The more available a resource, the more common. That would not make sense for the business model nor would it drive the pace of the game in an otherwise sustainable fashion. The same goes for magic items - they have limited availability controlled by cost and, well, how often you can buy them (cool down).

There could well come a time when SC makes DE more available (devalues it). That usually happens when a new, premium currency is introduced on a freemium game. Clash has maintained a pretty good balance among its in-game currencies though; I would not expect to see that anytime soon.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.
    Creator Code: GwN

Quote Originally Posted by carmour987 View Post
    Why buy DE when you can buy hammers and avoid the need for DE at all??? Medals are for Hammers.....
    Yep.... exactly

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by carmour987 View Post
    ...Medals are for Hammers.
    I currently have 231 medals, but I be blowing any on a hammer. Up to 7 BP's for me when my Pass loot drops.

I have 3, plus 2 from CG (guaranteed); total 12, or 4d12h potential time saved. We spin for war by the Trader timer (+16 or 40h), factor in prep & most of war day & all my heroes will be +1 long before they're needed for CWL.

Hammers are great, but sometimes medals have better uses.

Standing outside a broken Clan Castle with Gold in my hand
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaledonian View Post
    I currently have 231 medals, but I be blowing any on a hammer. Up to 7 BP's for me when my Pass loot drops.

I have 3, plus 2 from CG (guaranteed); total 12, or 4d12h potential time saved. We spin for war by the Trader timer (+16 or 40h), factor in prep & most of war day & all my heroes will be +1 long before they're needed for CWL.

Hammers are great, but sometimes medals have better uses.
    I’ll probably get my available CWL Statues after I max my Heroes and load up one of each Hammer.

I doubt many players can really afford to buy a lot of Hammers with their CWL medals; they’re pretty expensive. For most players, buying the resources is a better choice....
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.
    Creator Code: GwN