Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: When is one considered GOOD in Legends?

  1. #21
    Centennial Club Jim2141's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    160
    I rarely get all my legend attacks in each season due to a hectic work schedule. But even so, I manage to stay in the 5400 range, with a pretty decent average % on my attacks, usually high 80 to 90%, with a 3 star at least once to twice a day. I’d say my skill level would be slightly above the “average”, but by no means in the top rankings! My experiences would seem to say “good” legends players would start around 5400-5500. But there is a lot of subjective thinking involved in who is “good”!

  2. #22
    Forum Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    3,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Veznan View Post
    Can i stay in ll with atleast 2 heroes down? I just want to remain above 5100 trophies and i attack 6 times a day
    I don't have my king or champion, and i'm pretty much staying even on cups at 5K since the reset. Doable but doesn't leave much room for error.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke07 View Post
    I agree... but what is the standard for good? Like I could get in top 5700 I feel like if I were more consistent with my attacks. But I use 3/8 maybe 5/8 at a maximum for my daily attacks. I usually stay at 52-5300 and of those attacks 90% of them are +40 (3 stars). Does that mean im not a top player? Or does that make me less of a player, not using my attacks (maybe)?

    I am not trying to say im the best... just that there is a little variance between good. My personal opinion is that if youre able to reach top 200 you are within that threshold of good. But it doesnt qualify you better than other players. Just that you have more time to make the 8/8 attacks. (my subjective opinion)

    tl;dr
    I think you are right in trying to limit the player and making a description in trying to qualify a good legend player
    It means you aren't that good at legends. That doesn't mean you aren't good at attacking. Part of legends is defense. Part of legends is being able to attack 8 times per day. There is more that goes into it than just attacking.

    A common thing said in American football is "one of the most important abilities is availability." In other words, a great player that only plays half the games might not be as valuable as a good player that never misses. Legends is similar. There are plenty of extremely skilled players that cannot attack 8 times per day at legends and that prevents them from being very good at legends. That doesn't mean they aren't highly skilled at war or CWL or ESL or whatever.

    Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

  4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Veznan View Post
    Can i stay in ll with atleast 2 heroes down? I just want to remain above 5100 trophies and i attack 6 times a day
    I think 6 attacks per day and 2 heroes down, you might struggle.

    With 2 down, you will probanly need to do 7-8 attacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  5. #25
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,348
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    OP's post is a little confusing because the thread title is asking when someone is considered good in legends while the body of the post refers to when they are considered good at attacking. I agree it is hard to compare legends results to other types of attacking, like wars. There are similarities of course, but also important differences.

    I think if we limit the question to when players have crossed into the "good" description for legends, I think we need to keep in mind there are hundreds of thousands of players in legends. Someone mentioned 10,000 ranking. That's in the top few percent of all of the legends players. That is definitely good. The line for good maybe should be even lower than that since good isn't great or elite.
    When the author of the post stated "When is a player considered good at attacking? Top 25k? Top 10k?"
    Based on that I would assume that the title "When is one considered GOOD in legends" is a reference that in order to be considered a good attacker you have to be in legends...and then the question is at what point in legends do we all go....."He's a good attacker". I don't think he's asking how to be a "good legends player".

    Because of that, I say lets focus the topic back to what is a good attacker and not what it is to be good at legends (which as have been stated is 3 fold (time, attack, defense).

    I don't think being in Legends or high in legends automatically means you're a good attacker. There are plenty of bad attackers (comparatively) that are high in legends. To me it is all about how you do in war vs TH13 (ideally max TH13s). How you adapt to different base designs...can you use a variety of army comps to 3 star...
    Last edited by pb913; February 25th, 2020 at 06:04 PM.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    A pinapple under the sea.
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    It means you aren't that good at legends. That doesn't mean you aren't good at attacking. Part of legends is defense. Part of legends is being able to attack 8 times per day. There is more that goes into it than just attacking.

    A common thing said in American football is "one of the most important abilities is availability." In other words, a great player that only plays half the games might not be as valuable as a good player that never misses. Legends is similar. There are plenty of extremely skilled players that cannot attack 8 times per day at legends and that prevents them from being very good at legends. That doesn't mean they aren't highly skilled at war or CWL or ESL or whatever.
    Not denying that attacking makes it. But having availability is not something everyone has. Not saying i am good at legends. However, I still remain. Defenses and base making do attribute to that.

    However, availability is something I do not have towards the game. I started my residency a few months ago, therefore, I will probably fall out of legends in time. (from lack of attacking)

    But back to the main question. What is a good legend player? I do not think availability counts higher than attacking/defending but i do see your point in making those attacks.

    I would say... attacks/defenses, fluidity in being able to adapt to a different base, troop combination, and then availability. What you think?

  7. #27
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    near the map legend right by the seadragon
    Posts
    637
    Top 200 for your country obviously. But if you want more fluidity if you are in the mid 5000's with a hero down you are a good legends player. In case you are wondering, no I do not meet that criteria.

    Also keep in mind when you are looking at the question there are probably a lot more players in Legends now with hero's down than there will be in a month and a half. Same goes with max defenses. So right now I feel safe stating that the top 100K is skewed to favor the players willing to put money in on the game than it will be in a month and a half when F2P players are back to full max again.
    Free to play no longer maxed base (TH13 BK67 AQ70 GW45 RC14)

    Thank you to all the players who buy gems and allow others to play for free.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke07 View Post
    Not denying that attacking makes it. But having availability is not something everyone has. Not saying i am good at legends. However, I still remain. Defenses and base making do attribute to that.

    However, availability is something I do not have towards the game. I started my residency a few months ago, therefore, I will probably fall out of legends in time. (from lack of attacking)

    But back to the main question. What is a good legend player? I do not think availability counts higher than attacking/defending but i do see your point in making those attacks.

    I would say... attacks/defenses, fluidity in being able to adapt to a different base, troop combination, and then availability. What you think?
    I think it all counts. One could be the best attacker in the world, but if you're only available to attack once per day you have no chance. One could be available to attack 8 times per day, but if you're the worst attacker in the world, you have no chance. It all adds up.

    Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

  9. #29
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    158
    To me, it really depends on your defence level. If you are a new th 13 like me, staying in legend with th 12 defences, th 12 level heroes and at least one hero down is already “seriously tough”.

    If you have max heroes and good defence level I would say:
    above 5200 you are skilled
    above 5300 you are good
    above 5400 you are very good
    above 5600 you are an Elite
    Top 5000 you are amateur ESport level
    Top 200 you are in the pro ESport level
    NB: we probably need to remove Stephanie accounts when looking at Top players

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    A pinapple under the sea.
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I think it all counts. One could be the best attacker in the world, but if you're only available to attack once per day you have no chance. One could be available to attack 8 times per day, but if you're the worst attacker in the world, you have no chance. It all adds up.
    Ok i see what you are saying now. It varies between the person.

    Well i guess everything varies between person to person.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •