Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: war weight doubt

Lightbulb war weight doubt

will mere upgrade of th12 to th13 increase war weight ?

Centennial Club
    Yes, but why worry?? The upgrade button is there for a reason.

Centennial Club
    Your war weight will increase, but I wouldn't worry about it. Engineering, for the most part, is dead, so there's no reason you should prevent yourself from going to TH13 just because of war weight.

Forum Master
    Quote Originally Posted by srinivasrikii View Post
    will mere upgrade of th12 to th13 increase war weight ?
    Yes, of course.

BUT .. at some point, you have to ask yourself:

- Do I want to have a competitive edge during normal wars, where the reward is "honour" (because it's SO honourable to manipulate the war weight to get a weaker opponent)

or

- Do I want to have a competitive edge during Clan War League, where the rewards are "medals" that will speed up my progress.

You have to realise, that the second option actually DO give an edge in normal war and the possibility to actually defend in Legend.

Time to put on the big boy pants, buddy.

/Affront
    TH13-70/69/50/19|BH9| Farm with US | full stats

It will probably add 1 or 2k gold weight to your defence if coming from a max 12 (the whole level tends to only be 10-20k)..
    But that increase will be spread throughout the whole roster, since that is how the spin is calculated..
    There is also the chance it will create an extra 13 to be on the opposition roster, since top hall numbers tend to be similar (unless drawing a rusher clan, or your clan is rushed IME)..
    But once again, any weight imbalances will be countered throughout the roster..

More importantly, as others have said, it opens up a whole new hall level for you to explore.. And if weight is an issue, even though its jumping an account that is already 130k (IIRC) gold weight (plus offence), then simply prioritise how you build from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Affront View Post
    Yes, of course.

BUT .. at some point, you have to ask yourself:

- Do I want to have a competitive edge during normal wars, where the reward is "honour" (because it's SO honourable to manipulate the war weight to get a weaker opponent)

or

- Do I want to have a competitive edge during Clan War League, where the rewards are "medals" that will speed up my progress.

You have to realise, that the second option actually DO give an edge in normal war and the possibility to actually defend in Legend.

Time to put on the big boy pants, buddy.

/Affront
    Your first option sounds a bit sarcastic due to your remark in parentheses.
    But thinking about warweight and the effect it has on the roster and the opponent you will face is not just about manipulating the game and lack of honour. It can also have to do with caution, planning, balancing and knowing your own shortcomings.

By the way, your clan is determined to never win a war. What is honourable about that? Maybe this is not the subject you should give advise about and tell people how they should play the game and wars. And maybe it's time for you to face your opponents and to put on the big boy pants, buddy.

Have no idea what exact weight is assigned to what structures. But this thread did get me thinking about the subject asked ....

Take a max TH 12 base. Everything upon it at the 12 limit. Then the TH is upgraded to 13. As soon as that upgrade is completed, the TH is defensless, the TH 12 Gigla Tesla is gone! There is no Giga Inferno until that TH 13 is upgraded yet again.

So I myself am unsure what the answer is. I will not assume that a TH 13 with no Giga Inferno carries more weight than a max TH 12. Take away the Gigla Tesla and it may be less, not more, do not know. And that is actually what the op is asking, the "mere upgrading".
    Last edited by rowman; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:13 PM.

Based on the number of clans with TH13s that we have matched when we run without 13s, I am unconvinced the weight change is much. Certainly nothing like the change from 11 to 12.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:11 PM.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH8-12
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm permamax (for now)
    TH11 - doug 50/50/20 heroes

Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    Have no idea what exact weight is assigned to what structures. But this thread did get me thinking about the subject asked ....

Take a max TH 12 base. Everything upon it at the 12 limit. Then the TH is upgraded to 13. As soon as that upgrade is completed, the TH is defensless, the TH 12 Gigla Tesla is gone! There is no Giga Inferno until that TH 13 is upgraded yet again.

So I myself am unsure what the answer is. I will not assume that a TH 13 with no Giga Inferno carries more weight than a max TH 12. Take away the Gigla Tesla and it may be less, not more, do not know. And that is actually what the op is asking, the "mere upgrading".
    1 star th13 has a giga inferno with the same stats as a lvl 5 giga tesla.
    Level: 262 | TH13
    Highest Trophy Count:5608 | Donations: 1.63 million | Hero Levels: 210

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post

Im not exactly sure what you mean here with the giggle Tesla and inferno... or that you may be confusing the term with the death damage.

As soon as a TH11 to TH12 is upgraded the TH is equipped with a giggle Tesla. Itís fairly weak at its first level and doesnít get the devastating death damage until you max the giggle Tesla at level 5.

Now as soon as a TH12 to TH13 upgrade is completed the brand new shiny TH13 will be equipped with a giggle inferno including the death damage the previous max giggle Tesla had. So no itís certainly not defenseless as you say it is.
    Sure at level 5 itís much stronger then at level 1 but then again which weapon isnít.

*I like the name giggle much better

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG