Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Grand Warden AI

Grand Warden AI

What is going on with the GW?!? He will walk right by buildings (defensive or orher) and not attack them. But he will attack buildings that are way out of the way, and farther away!! Very frustrating!! Iím sure itís because he is following a large group of troops and he is attacking whatever they are attacking, and by-passing buildings that are closest to him. Rant over

Quote Originally Posted by BillyJack View Post
    I’m sure it’s because he is following a large group of troops and he is attacking whatever they are attacking, and by-passing buildings that are closest to him.
    That is precisely what he is supposed to do.

Thanks so much to TerMinus Prime for the sig pic!
    Th12/Bh9
    King: 50 Queen: 51 Warden: 20 BM: 29
    Clan: DarkIceWarfare

I get he is a supporting troop and is suppose to follow large groups!! But that doesnít mean he HAS to attack what they are attacking!! He should attack the closest building to him as he is following the large group!

I get he is a supporting troop and is suppose to follow large groups!! But that doesnít mean he HAS to attack what they are attacking!!
    But as support troop his intention is to attack the building that the group he follows attacks(want to attack) and that is the way he behaves since his release.

Forum Elder
    I get he is a supporting troop and is suppose to follow large groups!! But that doesnít mean he HAS to attack what they are attacking!! He should attack the closest building to him as he is following the large group!
    No, he should support, first and foremost. Did you not read all the old threads before the ai change demanding he follow? Now he follows.

TH13...level 253...70/70/50/20...gg 2 bil...ee 2 bil...hh 43 mil...atb 6032

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonatore View Post
    No, he should support, first and foremost. Did you not read all the old threads before the ai change demanding he follow? Now he follows.
    just had to laugh - sorry
    Last edited by okanagan2019; February 23rd, 2020 at 07:54 PM.
    Always learning - always listening
    Clash Name : OKanagan #YCQRG92GY
    Clash Clan : Canadian #YV9JP0Q8

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by okanagan2019 View Post
    just had to laugh - sorry
    Don’t be sorry, lol...no matter how he’s programmed, someone will complain, bet that.

TH13...level 253...70/70/50/20...gg 2 bil...ee 2 bil...hh 43 mil...atb 6032

8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #8
    Yup - that's his "Orders" - support what is being attacked, even if it means snuggling up right next to a defense slowly draining him and killing him as he attacks a storage 6 tiles away that the Barb King is attacking.

I don't think any AI is going to make him perfect in every situation - I used to hate when he did his own thing before and ignored the pack as much as those times today when he lets himself die from something right next to him, or he travels through to support the other troops.

Perhaps some sort of "Self-Preservation" mode where he follows unless he's being attacked, then he can attack what's killing him, but I'm sure even then, it would ruin an attack here or there.

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonatore View Post
    Donít be sorry, lol...no matter how heís programmed, someone will complain, bet that.
    So very true

New Bloke/Chick
    I wish the Warden wouldn't float over walls if you have him on Ground mode. He "follows" the group but not really, the main group has to go around walls and he just floats over them, exposing himself to x-bows and infernos that can't reach anyone else. To me that's the most frustrating thing he does.

Why would he be able to float over walls if he's on ground mode anyways?