Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Yetis: where are they now?

I'm seeing either some sort of yeti composition or edrag-loon comps in legends. The Feb season I ran between 5150 up to 5300 trophies.
    Personally, I use a yeti-bat comp: 10 yetis, 12 bowlers, 2 witches, 1 wizard; spells: 3 freeze, 1 rage, 6 bats; CC: 5 valks, 1 giant, rage, with either SB (if th is exposed) or WW.

IMO, Yetis are still one of the most powerful armies right now being the easiest army to execute for a high 2 star or 3. Yeti blimping is VERY powerful and useful when you use it right. More than 60% of the attacks in our champions 3 group last cwl was yeti armies. Anti yeti bases and mindless spamming are what keeps them from being OP right now. There is certainly a spray and pray quality about it though no matter how well you plan...

I ended at 5500 after 9 days in legends last season. Lower legends is well.. yea.. most people don't have the full heroes and army it takes to execute a good yetismash so it's not too common. However, the last few days that I spent in 5400 - 5500, more than 50% of the attacks were yeti armies (Sorry not going to count but this is already a very conservatively low estimate). It kind of makes sense because QC hybrid is way too risky in legends right now. Some bases are designed so that it takes a long time to funnel and QC so a lot of the time, I risk the 1 star or end up time failing. A lot of time fails. I am considering switching over to yetismashing in legends even though its not my preferred style simply because it's more versatile and better suited for legends, especially against the annoying ring bases.

I finished at 5495 and 16 out of 25 defences in legends were yetis. In th13 only wars the percentage for yetis has got to be in the 90% range, a few hybrids but its just yeti yeti yeti, because spam yeti still works the best.

Centennial Club
    my basic is anywhere from 8-12 yetis and 4-8 quakes and either siege barracks or blimp depending on attack profile. if I use 8 then pair them with bowlers and pekka or 12 with ice golems and a wizard.. either profile gets me high 2 star or 3 star. The 12 usually has a higher 3 star rate. this is all in low to mid LL.. and I rarely see a yeti defense as it is mostly electros and bowlers and the occasional miner..
    Last edited by BBJandJTG; February 24th, 2020 at 10:35 AM.
    Leader Black Myst #YCLUYPPL
    We are a lvl 14 war clan with over 300 wins..

Imo, they are a bit too strong but Hybrid is even better. I'm hoping for a small air buff or ground nerf next update because it gets boring. Haven't played much in the last few days.

I would like to add my input... but i still use GoWiPe.

Don't always watch replays. Went and looked at log and not a single Yeti on my defense log. Likely 75% edrags. 10% miners. Rest mix of pekka, bowler, golem stuff. I'm a strong TH13 in champ III. And I leave lots of loot as I always have my builders busy. I attack with pekka bobat as it fits my lazy style. My Yeti are max but haven't built any yet!

The Meaning of Life, The Universe, and Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMotator View Post
    Don't always watch replays. Went and looked at log and not a single Yeti on my defense log. Likely 75% edrags. 10% miners. Rest mix of pekka, bowler, golem stuff. I'm a strong TH13 in champ III. And I leave lots of loot as I always have my builders busy. I attack with pekka bobat as it fits my lazy style. My Yeti are max but haven't built any yet!
    This sharing is too difficult to comment.

For me, my last season of Legend League ended at 5,760 trophies. In the last 10 days, 53 of my defense logs were Yeti, 15 were QC Hybrid, and others. So answer the topic: Yetis are still around me. But my mini, a rush of TH13 (Cannon Level 3, Archer Tower Level 3 ... etc). Currently in Titan 3, most of my defense logs were E-Dragon. I also use E-Dragon myself when all heroes are upgrading.

These things tell different facts, and these facts are all true just based on different scenarios.

BB + Yeti is goody

- Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown
    - Some would question if the risk was worth it. The Rest were already dead.
    - OK BOOMER ------------------ 小舟從此逝 江海寄餘生
    - Victory goes not to the able, but to the ambitious.

Quote Originally Posted by CupcakeCowboy View Post
    Yeti with 8 quakes is an attack i see often
    This is what I been usin for a couple months...
    finished 5674 last season with em, and had fun scoring a perfect +320 with em day 1 this season.

Like Wilsonatore said, they are about as effective as any other strong ground comp.