Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 93

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Galadon - Darian interview

  1. #61
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Is there anyone out there?
    Posts
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Thank you for that clarification. That is correct. While we may hint at things to come in a future update, very rarely will we actually give a full reveal of all details before we announce it on our own official pages.

    Think of it this way. If we did a big announcement on a YouTuber's channel, that channel may only get 300,000 views in the first day. However, if we did it on our OWN channel, we would generally get several million views within the first few hours. Which one of these do you think is more effective at announcing something new?

    However, we do use those youtubers to help generate excitement. I enjoy being on Galadon's show because it allows us to share information in a manner we usually don't get to. It's one thing to explain things on the forums or on Reddit, and it's an entirely different thing to be able to talk about them in an interview.
    I for one thoroughly enjoy those type of interviews. For me it does seem easier to understand some of the thought process of what goes on behind the scenes. I also understand that you will probably never reveal anything big in one of those interviews but the subtle hints about what's on the horizon is pretty cool too. Keeps us guessing.

  2. #62
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    163
    Wew, i just asked for a summary �� never expect this thread is going to be this huge ��

  3. #63
    Centennial Club Stonevapor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    A 6th Builder isn't required to play the game. It's an option for you to pursue. The Gear-ups are an option as well, and are not mandatory, but a free path to acquire them exists if you want to pursue them.

    My comment about not forcing people was something more like, requiring people to upgrade to BH9 if you wanted to upgrade your main village to TH13. We are not planning on putting anything behind a hard requirement that would prevent players from progressing in the game.




    And this right here illustrates the difference between what one player feels is important for the game versus how a development team views things strategically. We have to plan things on a much larger scale with a broader perspective. I'm sure quite a few Clans would like to change their names. But the number of players looking for their old Clans through support tickets far outnumbers the number of Clan name change requests.
    Having just listened to Part. 2, In specific, regarding Clan Name changes, I would love to hear an HONEST response from Darian, as many in the high level war community have witnessed and can STILL SEE INGAME though war logs the name changes SuperCell HAS granted to high level clans in CWL, Esports, and SC "creator" or "Influencer"clans.. Many in this game have spent just as much money as those clans do, yet we are just made to feel like plebs being denied the same services that are provided (happily) by Supercell to the "right" clans. This may come across as a bit "curt" if you will, but I truly would like to hear an honest response to this question... even if its as simple, as "Those clans matter to our business model much more than your average clans". At least it would be honest. The simple facts are that SC DOES grant clan name changes, just not to everyone and many would like to know why?

    Aside, happy to post in game screens shots proving the name changes of clans many here know.
    Last edited by Stonevapor; February 26th, 2020 at 06:21 AM.

    Level: 180 | TH: 2/8/9/11/12/13
    LexCorp™ Family Leader and Founder of Sea Monsters
    Clash Beaus, Lecult, Leader War, Clash Cup
    Potluck Admin
    Apply in-game(NOPE)


  4. #64
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    317
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I agree it makes sense if they can figure out a way to limit them to only the players who actually had them at one time. If they were to sell old decorations to new players it might earn money in the short term, but at the price of long term negative feelings from veteran players.
    Darian has stated in the past (sorry i cant seem to find it now) that SC would have a very easy time finding out whether a player was “alive” at each spawning. That clearly was not the issue

  5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonevapor View Post
    Having just listened to Part. 2, In specific, regarding Clan Name changes, I would love to hear an HONEST response from Darian, as many in the high level war community have witnessed and can STILL SEE INGAME though war logs the name changes SuperCell HAS granted to high level clans in CWL, Esports, and SC "creator" or "Influencer"clans.. Many in this game have spent just as much money as those clans do, yet we are just made to feel like plebs being denied the same services that are provided (happily) by Supercell to the "right" clans. This may come across as a bit "curt" if you will, but I truly would like to hear an honest response to this question... even if its as simple, as "Those clans matter to our business model much more than your average clans". At least it would be honest. The simple facts are that SC DOES grant clan name changes, just not to everyone and many would like to know why?

    Aside, happy to post in game screens shots proving the name changes of clans many here know.
    You have had HONEST answers from Darian, more than once.

    And there is no point posting screenshots to "prove" something which nobody has ever tried to claim otherwise.

    One recent example of such an honest answer:
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12487108
    (And see further a couple of posts further on).

    Or https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12487817
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  6. #66
    Super Member toofinedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Standing outside a broken Clan Castle with Gold in my hand
    Posts
    960
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonevapor View Post
    Having just listened to Part. 2, In specific, regarding Clan Name changes, I would love to hear an HONEST response from Darian, as many in the high level war community have witnessed and can STILL SEE INGAME though war logs the name changes SuperCell HAS granted to high level clans in CWL, Esports, and SC "creator" or "Influencer"clans.. Many in this game have spent just as much money as those clans do, yet we are just made to feel like plebs being denied the same services that are provided (happily) by Supercell to the "right" clans. This may come across as a bit "curt" if you will, but I truly would like to hear an honest response to this question... even if its as simple, as "Those clans matter to our business model much more than your average clans". At least it would be honest. The simple facts are that SC DOES grant clan name changes, just not to everyone and many would like to know why?
    Thanks to Ajax for the links.

    It’s possible, but it’s done internally (for offensive names or super special cases) rather than being a user-end option. He further explained the returning player aspect in the Galadarian interview. Non-returning (continuous) players might disagree with that being common or relevant, but those are honest and acceptable answers. He could just say it’s an internal programming thing. The transparency is appreciated even if not popular.

  7. #67
    Centennial Club Stonevapor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    195
    Lol
    /10 char

    Level: 180 | TH: 2/8/9/11/12/13
    LexCorp™ Family Leader and Founder of Sea Monsters
    Clash Beaus, Lecult, Leader War, Clash Cup
    Potluck Admin
    Apply in-game(NOPE)


  8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #68
    Darian[Supercell]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Under a Rock.
    Posts
    4,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonevapor View Post
    Having just listened to Part. 2, In specific, regarding Clan Name changes, I would love to hear an HONEST response from Darian, as many in the high level war community have witnessed and can STILL SEE INGAME though war logs the name changes SuperCell HAS granted to high level clans in CWL, Esports, and SC "creator" or "Influencer"clans.. Many in this game have spent just as much money as those clans do, yet we are just made to feel like plebs being denied the same services that are provided (happily) by Supercell to the "right" clans. This may come across as a bit "curt" if you will, but I truly would like to hear an honest response to this question... even if its as simple, as "Those clans matter to our business model much more than your average clans". At least it would be honest. The simple facts are that SC DOES grant clan name changes, just not to everyone and many would like to know why?

    Aside, happy to post in game screens shots proving the name changes of clans many here know.
    The comment about Clans "spending money" is one I'd like to personally address.

    1) Clans don't spend money...players do. Therefore, there's no way for you to positively know how much another player spends unless you're actually standing over their shoulder.

    2) How much someone spends is completely irrelevant as our rule regarding Clan name changes applies to everyone and anyone, whether you've spent $0, $100, or $1,000,000, or whether you're a big YouTuber, a casual player, or even Supercell employee...no one gets to change their Clan name as a personal request. No one is being denied a service because it's a service we don't offer.

    3) There are only 2 ways to get your Clan name changed - either it's forcibly changed due to it being in violation of our Terms of Service (and rarely do you get to choose what it gets changed to) OR you get sponsored by an esports team. There is no "right" Clan. Esports teams don't pay anything to get "extra" privilege. Supercell doesn't benefit from any agreements with any of these teams, nor do we have any kind of agreements with them.

    4) We've never shied away from this question so I'm rather curious why you think it's a dishonest answer just because it's not the answer you want.
    AKA Tank Puppy

    “In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.”
    Terry Pratchett

  9. #69
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    281
    3) There are only 2 ways to get your Clan name changed - either it's forcibly changed due to it being in violation of our Terms of Service (and rarely do you get to choose what it gets changed to) OR you get sponsored by an esports team. There is no "right" Clan. Esports teams don't pay anything to get "extra" privilege. Supercell doesn't benefit from any agreements with any of these teams, nor do we have any kind of agreements with them.

    4) We've never shied away from this question so I'm rather curious why you think it's a dishonest answer just because it's not the answer you want.[/QUOTE]

    I'm curious why esports teams are granted name changes and "extra" privilege if there is no agreement or benefit to sc then,If they do not pay for this. Is there anything stopping me saying hey sc we are an esports team now and would like a name change? what is the actual differences that Grant them this "extra"

  10. #70
    Senior Member TH9clasherIND's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Clasherville
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsjusmac View Post
    I'm curious why esports teams are granted name changes and "extra" privilege if there is no agreement or benefit to sc then,If they do not pay for this. Is there anything stopping me saying hey sc we are an esports team now and would like a name change? what is the actual differences that Grant them this "extra"
    Because they have achieved something not anybody can .

    Being sponsored by an e-sports team need contracts and a lot of documentation .SC won't believe if you say - "Hey ,I am sponsored "

    The sponsored teams have now entered "professional" side of clashing . Supercell has to reward(usually a lot of money)them if they win .

    Tournaments held for these teams represent Clash Of Clans as well as the e-sports team internationally .

    They have the kind of a "RIGHT" to change their clan name now.
    You don't want your clan to play with a different name like 'XYZ' while your e-sports team name is 'ABC Gaming'
    Last edited by TH9clasherIND; February 27th, 2020 at 11:12 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •