Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Galadon - Darian interview

Quote Originally Posted by GrandWarden72 View Post
    Can someone give me a summary? i don't really have a time to watch them
    - The ***goal*** is still to release an update every quarter, which is NOT a promise
    - Don't look for secret meaning in Darian's words
    - Next update will bringing QoL changes
    - Roadmap for the year is a bit different than what was done previously with a clear objective in mind, but without changing the core of the game
    - Integrating a new chat/communication system is problematic due to different policies in different countries and legal issues
    - No plan to change the recruitment tool
    - Recruitment tool gets better but still requires time to improve (as it's base on machine learning I which learns from several factors)
    - Adding a language filter in the recruitment tool is complicated so they prefer to leave it to the machine learning (which analyses which languages you are interacting with in the game)
    - Builder base will stay but nothing except some QoL changes for the moment, information will follow in the couple of weeks or so
    - BH10 is not on the roadmap yet
    - Supercell does not want the players to feel they are forced to play BB to get something that is required to progress in the game
    - 8 attacks in Legend Leagues is the good balance
    - It won't be possible to attack your own base because they are too many ways of abuse
    - Darian is not Dr Mujtaba
    - Supercell does not directly ban individual cheating account but does banwaves so cheaters are less likely to know how they got caught
    - They look closely the top players but for obvious reasons they won't go into more details
    - Players are free to pay or get paid to change their name, that's their freedom but changing names does not make you anonymous in the mass and the eye of Supercell still watches at you
    - No plan to make Legend League Trophies spendable in the game
    - They are still looking at a way for maxed out players to use their ressources
    - They are looking at a way players could start not from TH1 but skill some of it, nothing clear yet, just discussions
    - Darian doesn't know if a "rotate base button" would be possible to implement in the base editor
    - Altough clanname change would be easy to implement, it is still ruled out for the moment
    - They would like older skins to return, not through the gold pass, but nothing decided
    - Darian does not know how in-game prices are determined (in reference to the 500 gems shovel), he trusts the marketing guy
    - A potion to accelerate troops requests is an interesting idea, Darian will have to pitch that one
    - They would like to add more single maps, but don't want Clash to be a single player game and as it's something played only once they prioritize other things
    - A common map to attack as a clan "would be interesting, that's all I can say"
    - TH14 not planned for this year, 18 months rule remains

#Edit, as Darian gave more info in the following comments, I edited the following point:
    - Supercell does not want the players to feel they are forced to play BB to get something that is required to progress in the game
    Last edited by Sakat; February 24th, 2020 at 09:09 AM.
    Wanna see your clan performances during CWL? Easily grab stats with SCS !
    ===>More info on the official thread <===

Standing outside a broken Clan Castle with Gold in my hand
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakat View Post
    - The ***goal*** is still to release an update every quarter, which is NOT a promise
    - Don't look for secret meaning in Darian's words
    - Next update will bringing QoL changes
    - Roadmap for the year is a bit different than what was done previously with a clear objective in mind, but without changing the core of the game
    - Integrating a new chat/communication system is problematic due to different policies in different countries and legal issues
    - No plan to change the recruitment tool
    - Recruitment tool gets better but still requires time to improve (as it's base on machine learning I which learns from several factors)
    - Adding a language filter in the recruitment tool is complicated so they prefer to leave it to the machine learning (which analyses which languages you are interacting with in the game)
    - Builder base will stay but nothing except some QoL changes for the moment, information will follow in the couple of weeks or so
    - BH10 is not on the roadmap yet
    - Supercell does not want the players to feel they are forced to play BB to get something
    - 8 attacks in Legend Leagues is the good balance
    - It won't be possible to attack your own base because they are too many ways of abuse
    - Darian is not Dr Mujtaba
    - Supercell does not directly ban individual cheating account but does banwaves so cheaters are less likely to know how they got caught
    - They look closely the top players but for obvious reasons they won't go into more details
    - Players are free to pay or get paid to change their name, that's their freedom but changing names does not make you anonymous in the mass and the eye of Supercell still watches at you
    - No plan to make Legend League Trophies spendable in the game
    - They are still looking at a way for maxed out players to use their ressources
    - They are looking at a way players could start not from TH1 but skill some of it, nothing clear yet, just discussions
    - Darian doesn't know if a "rotate base button" would be possible to implement in the base editor
    - Altough clanname change would be easy to implement, it is still ruled out for the moment
    - They would like older skins to return, not through the gold pass, but nothing decided
    - Darian does not know how in-game prices are determined (in reference to the 500 gems shovel), he trusts the marketing guy
    - A potion to accelerate troops requests is an interesting idea, Darian will have to pitch that one
    - They would like to add more single maps, but don't want Clash to be a single player game and as it's something played only once they prioritize other things
    - A common map to attack as a clan "would be interesting, that's all I can say"
    - TH14 not planned for this year, 18 months rule remains
    Having watched both parts, great summary.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakat View Post
    -
    If old skins can return than what is the argument for not allowing us to get old obstacle and trees?

Argument of uniqueness is out of window.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast666 View Post
    If old skins can return than what is the argument for not allowing us to get old obstacle and trees?
    Why do you think its out of the window? You havent played when they were released so you cant have one. You have removed them then its your fault. You let someone else play your village and that person removed the tree then its still your fault and you should be glad that your account isnt banned.

Standing outside a broken Clan Castle with Gold in my hand

Was it ever an argument of uniqueness.

I always thought Obstacles were things you get for free for playing during the time they are offered. Many games offer holiday/event specific items only available for a limited time. Some games offer them later; some don’t. There is no industry standard and no call for consistency even in the same game.

Darian does go into greater detail about Skin costs. One of those points being establishing a price point. The example used is offering a standalone Skin (Warrior Queen) in the shop at $9.99 giving flexibility to determine if the price should remain the same (IMO it should. I’d buy the next special one at $9.99) or if it should be raised or lowered. If raised, the fan base complains due to their perceived value of the Skin.

Say the WQ was $4.99, then they realized the Skin artist looks emaciated, and he’s only been eating top ramen and colored pencil shavings since last April, so for that or for whatever other reason they decide, the Skin should have been $9.99. Now there’s outrage from the community, because now shop Skin prices are doubled.

If they “offered it at half price, they would have sold twice as many” is also mentioned mainly for being an illogical argument from a revenue standpoint. I actually would have purchased two (main and mini) instead of one if that were the case. Best skin yet.

I don’t remember if Darian’s response was just a series of “NO”s with increasing amounts of “O”s each time Galadon asked about buying old Xmas Trees with banked Legend trophies, but consider the initial Obstacles value (free). Now put them in the shop with a price tag. I ain’t buying that. I don’t have the 2012 tree, the first LNY spawnables, or the dragon skull. I still ain’t buying any of that.
    Last edited by toofinedog; February 23rd, 2020 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    Finally talked about paid name changes for very high level legends players.
    I never understood how this mechanic would boost a player in the rankings.
    Darian implied that this was being done as a means of confusing counter efforts, e.g. if an octopus is trying to look at everyone with a certain name it may have more difficulty determining what these accounts have in common if some of them are red herrings.
    I still lean towards urban legend status for this particular theory. If the numbers theorized are accurate this would be a large sum for a minimal benefit of delaying a computer program by a few micro-seconds.
    I haven't heard the theory that paid name changes help avoid any sort of automated detection. I've just heard some like to see their name up high so they pay a high player to change. The big problem is when players are working together and doing trophy gifting. I suspect most of that investigation is done manually.

Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    Mentioned a sink for maxed players sitting on their ressources and mentioned base themes......... Hopefully its not that way that we can spend the ressources to redesign the look of the background etc.

Yeah i mean a new look is cool but that as sink for ressources? Meh. It would destroy the economy because players would spend the ressources and attackers wouldnt find good loot anymore.
    If it was only for legends players it wouldn't impact the economy. Also, it could be limited to excess loot. I started a thread once asking for a new "bank" for players to put all excess loot (loot that can't be collected from collectors, loot won on raids that can't be stored, war bonus that can't be stored, etc.) into a new bank and that bank can be used to purchase decorative items (really expensive ones, like a statue for 1 billion loot).

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post

I don’t remember if Darian’s response was just a series of “NO”s with increasing amounts of “O”s each time Galadon asked about buying old Xmas Trees with banked Legend trophies, but consider the initial Obstacles value (free). Now put them in the shop with a price tag. I ain’t buying that. I don’t have the 2012 tree, the first LNY spawnables, or the dragon skull. I still ain’t buying any of that.
    Honestly, even though they were free back in the day, I would not hesitate one minute to buy them if they were offered for $$. For SC it makes business sense to let us buy them.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobi83 View Post
    ...The one i like the most is the part where a conspiracy theory exists about Darian being a certain 'Dr.'
    That just make me laugh.
    LOL, now that you mentioned it. Darian looks like the Bond villain Dr. No but with awesome facial hair.

---
    Lynn, Clasher, Farmer, and now also Boomer
    Feb. 23, 2020
    Last edited by LynnK2015; February 23rd, 2020 at 07:15 PM.
    In what ways am I grateful? Let me count my blessings.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...essings-Thread

Honestly, even though they were free back in the day, I would not hesitate one minute to buy them if they were offered for $$. For SC it makes business sense to let us buy them.
    Suddenly your previousis no longer there.
    That whati have said was the short version of that what darian said in the interview.
    - seasonal obstacle are a badge of honor
    - if you removed them its your own fault
    - if someone else play your village its your own fault (account sharing forbidden)

I agree it makes sense if they can figure out a way to limit them to only the players who actually had them at one time. If they were to sell old decorations to new players it might earn money in the short term, but at the price of long term negative feelings from veteran players.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.