Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Nerf

Quote Originally Posted by AxsMan View Post
    Witches need a nerf too, oh and lava hounds, see a lot of them on defence at th13 legends. Donít see many goblins in defence ccs, they must be due a huge buff!
    Might need to push above 6000 cups to see them. iTzu runs into them quite a bit in his videos

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Atterton View Post
    Its was attack they were nerfed on not defence
    Not true.

In fact the exact opposite of true, they were buffed on attack, nerfed on defence.
    Ice Golem
    When the Ice Golem takes fatal damage and is destroyed, it releases a potent Freeze Spell that can be devastating to attacks or defenses, depending on the role it's fulfilling. Because of this unique ability, we're introducing a re-balance to the Ice Golem that will change how its Freeze Spell functions based on whether it's being used defensively or offensively.

Freeze Spell changes for "defensive" Ice Golem:
    Level 1: 4s reduced to 2.5s
    Level 2: 4.75s reduced to 2.75s
    Level 3: 5.5s reduced to 3s
    Level 4: 6.25s reduced 3.25s
    Level 5: 3.5s (new level)

Freeze Spell changes for "offensive" Ice Golem:
    Freeze radius increased by 36% for all levels.

What does it all mean?
    If you're using Ice Golems in your Clan Castle for defensive purposes, the Freeze Spell duration is shortened to the amounts listed above. If you are using Ice Golems for attacking/offensive purposes the original Freeze Spell duration is used and the radius has been increased by 36%.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...alance-Changes
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #23
    And as for "boring". Well I'll take that boredom any time over effective troops in defence Ccs.

Baby drag/witch combo is far harder to deal with if you don't have poison. So can lava hounds be, just because they delay your AQ so much, usually while getting shot at.

Ice golems are slow and cumbersome, and their freeze duration isn't really long enough any more for them to be as effective as some people think.

They are probably about the 3rd or 4th most common troops I see in defensive CC in low Legends, but I'm always happy to see them. Even happy if somebody puts an elctro dragon in there, but that hardly ever happens.
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by crazybod View Post
    Call me old fashioned but, lure cc out and kill it?
    All for that. Now give some more time at TH13 to do that. Otherwise just have to go in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    And as for "boring". Well I'll take that boredom any time over effective troops in defence Ccs.

Baby drag/witch combo is far harder to deal with if you don't have poison. So can lava hounds be, just because they delay your AQ so much, usually while getting shot at.

Ice golems are slow and cumbersome, and their freeze duration isn't really long enough any more for them to be as effective as some people think.

They are probably about the 3rd or 4th most common troops I see in defensive CC in low Legends, but I'm always happy to see them. Even happy if somebody puts an elctro dragon in there, but that hardly ever happens
    Never get Baby drag witches much but never have problem with them.As lava hound find that very easy.Always getting 3 ice golem all the time
    Last edited by Ajax; February 26th, 2020 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Fixed quoting

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Atterton View Post
    Never get Baby drag witches much but never have problem with them.As lava hound find that very easy.Always getting 3 ice golem all the time
    To a large extent, it depends on what attack you are using as to which defending troops you find most trouble.

If I am going ground, I will usually carry a poison, and then witches are no problem, and lava hound not too bad either (so long as you wait until it pops, and poison the pups).

But if I am going air, then I tend not to, and then they will slow down my queen so much she often doesn't get much done.

On the other hand, Ice golems are little trouble for an air attack, but if they freeze a big chunk of my army, they can cause problems for ground.
    My stats (main account)

Maybe get better?

I don't think they need a nerf. They can't even beat dragons.
    • Leader of The Exiles (#9GYQLL8R)

Ice Golem was already nerfed a while back as a defensive cc but at the same time it was buffed.