Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Forum Valley United - Sign-up thread

Forum Valley United - Sign-up thread

Welcome to the first edition of "Forum Valley" event!

Following the idea discussed in this thread, the first ever Edition will start with Season 8 where you are invited to sign up and join other like-minded players in this Valley.
    Please note that you will LOSE ACCESS to DERBY TASK and DERBY REWARDS
    if you leave a hood during a derby. Plan and take appropriate action.

Current status: SIGN-UP open for Season 10 - May 2020
    Valley season 10 is planned to start on 14th May 2020 at 8:00 UTC.

Now on to the interesting part:
    WHAT is this about?
    • a few Valley-oriented players join a hood together before Valley start. This way we will be all in the same Valley and work towards the ultimate goal: unlock Exclusive Shop.
    • as part of the experiment, progress towards unlocking exclusive Shop will be tracked daily and shared here

WHY should I join?
    • you are a drama-free player and do not have problems playing with strangers around the world in the same hood
    • you are active Valley players, consistently earn enough sun points for 3 spins per day (you can reach 100-sun-points -spin) but find yourself in difficulties to unlock Exclusive Shop season after season
    • you are motivated by rewards in Exclusive Shop, or you are willing to help others unlock Exclusive Shop even if you are not interested in Exclusive Rewards
    • you are self-sufficient on your farm
    • you want to learn about tips and tricks of an active Valley
    • you want a different Valley experience

WHEN should I join?
    Each Valley Season usually starts on Thursday at 08:00 UTC.
    The hood will be ready on Monday that week or before to allow players to join and participate in derby if they wish to.
    Please be on time and join before Valley start to ensure you will be placed in the same Valley with the hood. While I will try to wait for everyone, I cannot make sure no one would accidentally tap on Valley board.

WHERE do I join?
    Hood is now available to join (on request): Forum Valley United #YQCVVQUG
    The hood keeper is named Tabby (#PUPULPLUL). You can send her an in-game friend request. She could send you an invite to join the hood later.
    • hood name and hood tag will be added in this post when the hood is made and ready.
    • players are not required to stay in the hood once they are placed in the Valley
    • you are welcome to stay for fun discussion

WHO does what?
    There are two type of players to ensure our success.
    1. Group 1: core members who are most active to help trigger chicken/animal or can travel far for them if needed.
    2. Group 2: active players who does their best at their level to contribute but is limited in resource (fishing spot, field number, silo capacity) to be successful in (inactive) Valley on their own.

In this Edition #1, Group 1 is hand-picked by me, for the sake of simple communication. Let me know if you are interested to be part of Group 1 (core members).
    As a general direction, we need to keep a balance between these two groups so neither would feel being taken advantage of (thatís not our goal) and can enjoy a stress-free Valley experience. Feedback from each Season will help improve the next one when it comes to best practice and requirements.

HOW MUCH does it cost me?
    • at most a week of derby rewards when you are required to change hood
    • no fee to sign up and participate

HOW to sign up?
    In this very first Edition, there are a few restrictions to help setting things up and ensure everything goes smoothly:
    • Participant: maximum 15 different farms (one can enroll multiple farms, preferably no more than 3)
    • Level and resource requirements for Group 2:
      • minimum level 40,
      • 5 or more fishing spots,
      • 3 or more slots in Lobster Pool (if unlocked at lv 44)
      • 3 or more slots in Duck Saloon (if unlocked at lv 50)

• Sign-up form: reply in this thread to confirm your participation, by filling the form in post #3 below. For example, you can just quote post #3 and edit the relevant part. List of participants will be updated in post #2 to help us make sure the right farm is in the hood.

Donít find the info you are looking for here? Feel free to reply in this thread, Iíll get back to you very soon.
    Last edited by meonhoc; 2 Weeks Ago at 06:27 PM. Reason: Changed some requirement + prepare post for Season 10
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game. Report abuse/spam - UTC Time conversion (add your city)

Valley info : Season 9 changes - Map - Basic rules - Chicken - Fuel station - Lucky bonus

#AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 144♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH12 ::

Below are some who have sent me a PM to share their interest to join for Valley Season 10. Please also confirm your details as well by using the sign-up form or PM me before Valley start (pay attention to time zone, I’m in Europe).

List of confirmed Participants in no particular order:

# (Level) Farm name Forum name
    0 (10) Tabby - #PUPULPLUL meonhoc Send PM
    1 (100) Il Paradiso CLR
    2 (49) Lazy Pig Momscar
    3 (76) Auntiem auntiem
    4 (82) Lilac Farm Cowslip
    5 ??? JemimaPD
    6 ??? JemimaPD

Reserved list:
    - VIP guest
    Last edited by meonhoc; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:08 PM.

Farm tag are needed to avoid usurpation, if you donít want the farm tag revealed, send me a PM.
    If you don't meet the requirements listed in post#1, list your resources, I will see case by case.

Sign-up form to be quoted/copied and filled:

1. Farm level and farm name:
    2. Farm tag:
    3. Do you meet the requirements listed (y/n):
    4. Your motivation to play Valley:
    5. Other observations:
    Last edited by meonhoc; February 22nd, 2020 at 05:44 PM.
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game. Report abuse/spam - UTC Time conversion (add your city)

Valley info : Season 9 changes - Map - Basic rules - Chicken - Fuel station - Lucky bonus

Ready when you are.

Looking forward to it 😀

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    First of all, thank you meohoc for conducting this fascinating experiment and thank you to the volunteers for joining the experiment. Good game and good luck on your maiden voyage.

Quote Originally Posted by meonhoc View Post
    HOW MUCH does it cost me?
    • at most a week of derby rewards where you are required to change hood
    • no fee to sign up and participate
    Although there's no participation fee, the knowledge gained will be invaluable and help other forumites to Valley better. I'm bookmarking this thread for future reference.

---
    Lynn, Clasher, Farmer, and now also Boomer
    Feb. 22, 2020
    Last edited by LynnK2015; February 22nd, 2020 at 09:15 PM.
    In what ways am I grateful? Let me count my blessings.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...essings-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by meonhoc View Post
    Farm tag are needed to avoid usurpation, if you donít want the farm tag revealed, send me a PM.
    If you don't meet the requirements listed in post#1, list your resources, I will see case by case.

Sign-up form to be quoted/copied and filled:

1. Farm level and farm name:
    2. Farm tag:
    3. Do you meet the requirements listed (y/n):
    4. Your motivation to play Valley:
    5. Other observations:
    Hi meonhoc, I've just seen the new sign up thread so I'm filling the form in pronto. I'll pm you my farm tags asap.

I'd like to join with my main & mini farm if possible so I'll give details of both.

Main:
    1 - Farm level 107, will pm name
    2 - will pm
    3 - yes
    4 - No1 exclusive deco, No2 permits
    5 - both my farms have worked together so far in fairly quiet valleys, & have gained large majority of chickens/animals collected, so I know I can contribute well.

Mini:
    1 - level 55, will pm name
    2 - will pm
    3 - everything except duck salon where I have 3 slots open but I do regularly turn these around
    4 - same as main
    5 - as above

Thanks for organising this, I think it will work really well.

Quote Originally Posted by JemimaPD View Post
    Hi meonhoc, I've just seen the new sign up thread so I'm filling the form in pronto. I'll pm you my farm tags asap.

I'd like to join with my main & mini farm if possible so I'll give details of both.

Main:
    1 - Farm level 107, will pm name
    2 - will pm
    3 - yes
    4 - No1 exclusive deco, No2 permits
    5 - both my farms have worked together so far in fairly quiet valleys, & have gained large majority of chickens/animals collected, so I know I can contribute well.

Mini:
    1 - level 55, will pm name
    2 - will pm
    3 - everything except duck salon where I have 3 slots open but I do regularly turn these around
    4 - same as main
    5 - as above

Thanks for organising this, I think it will work really well.
    Also for part 5, I'm in the UK.

Valley trucker reporting for duty!

Hood opening: Hood is now available to join (on request): Forum Valley United #YQCVVQUG. meonhoc will move in after derby ends .

I'll still check PM but will limit my reply as my space is filling up quickly (to avoid inbow full while I am away) until I finish saving them. New applicants are updated in post #2 just now.

As part of this experiment, participants will be able to test first hand a set of tools made to assist players during Valley season (like fuel estimation, token calculator, simulation of token cost...). More on this later
    Last edited by meonhoc; February 24th, 2020 at 07:17 PM.