Thread: When can players opt in for the derby?

When can players opt in for the derby?

Hereís my problem. I have a player in my neighborhood that sometimes does 1 derby task, often for low points, and most of the time doesnít do any tasks. I have opted this player out of the derby numerous times, and they just opt back in. I have checked right after a new derby has started, and they are not in the derby, then the next day they are back again. I thought you could not join a derby after it had started. How do I keep this player from opting back in after the derby has started? I donít like to kick players out of the neighborhood.

I understand your concern.

Anyone can opt back into the derby at any time by tapping the derby board and opting back in with a button on the screen. That person will be opted in from the next derby onwards. It isn’t possible to opt straight into an ongoing derby, only schedule yourself to be in the next one.

As far as I am aware, it isn’t possible to prevent people from opting back in. The best you can do is politely ask them to remain opted out of the derby if they will not participate to your expectations.

You can also write a pinned message in the Neighbourhood Notifications section asking hoodies to opt out of the derby if they won’t participate at all or enough, if you haven’t already done so.

EDIT: I agree with others that are suggesting that this player be removed from the neighbourhood. While you may not like to do it, and I understand that, some players are unfortunately better off removed. If the player’s true intention is to simply get the Derby rewards for minimal participation, then that isn’t fair on those that have worked really hard for the rewards.

I hope you can get this issue resolved.
    Last edited by WheatLandIII; February 23rd, 2020 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Added a further comment.

Also known as KDT123 and WheatLand.
    I found something shiny in my mystery net on Sunday, 2nd July 2017.
    Level 50 reached: Saturday, 25th January 2020.
    Share your Hay Day farmís statistics with everyone!

Would it work if you opted the guy out just one minute before the derby starts, before he has a chance to actively opt back in? Wondering if it works on a "most recent action" basis.

And if he squeezes himself back in in that one minute... you have a professional leech in your hood.
    Last edited by Benjamin9632; February 22nd, 2020 at 01:49 PM.

If a player opts in after the start of the derby, they can't participate in that derby but can in the following week. It is also not possible for them to earn rewards for that derby because of the late opt in. So, in the case of your hood member they should not be able to affect the outcome of current race if they opted in after the start.
    Hope that helps.

Forum Champion
    Seriously, if someone continues to disrupt your derby, you need to rethink your kick policy. I imagine others on the NH are not especially happy either so you need to weigh the situation.

Have you spoken/chatted with this person and your NH in general about efforts in derby ?

Quote Originally Posted by Grannydl View Post
    Here’s my problem. I have a player in my neighborhood that sometimes does 1 derby task, often for low points, and most of the time doesn’t do any tasks. I have opted this player out of the derby numerous times, and they just opt back in. I have checked right after a new derby has started, and they are not in the derby, then the next day they are back again. I thought you could not join a derby after it had started. How do I keep this player from opting back in after the derby has started? I don’t like to kick players out of the neighborhood.
    What are you looking at to see who is opted into derby? Please be more specific.

Before derby start, you can look at the neighborhood header where the players are listed.
    Those that are highlighted are the ones opted in.
    After derby start, you can look at the header player list or the Derby Task Log. Only those that are opted in will appear on the log even before anyone takes a task.

After derby starts, if a person is opted in for that derby, their name will remain highlighted even if they or someone else them out in settings after start, their name will still remain highlighted until current derby ends.

No one can opt in or out after derby start.

Watch the game clock carefully and opt player out just one of two minutes before derby starts. But the following week they may be watching for it and manage to opt back in at the last few seconds.

That player is not a derby player but wants to collect the rewards that the others have worked for and earned. I would definitely not want any such player in my hood.
    If you don't remove the rotten apples, eventually most all of the apples in the barrel will go bad.

I have checked the derby players using the membership list in the neighborhood using the house to see it. The player is not opted in after the derby starts, but later they are opted back in. One person here said players could opt in at any time, one player said they couldnít opt in after the derby starts, so Iím still confused. It is my understanding that if a player doesnít complete at least one task they donít get any rewards, so I donít understand why they opt in. It just raises the points that have to be earned for each horseshoe.

I will try to answer this the best way I can. A person CAN opt n after a derby starts, but they CAN'T do any tasks for the current derby. They also CAN'T get any rewards for that derby. If the person opts in after derby starts they CAN'T affect your current derby. Opting in once derby has begun puts that person in spectator mode...meaning they can only see teams current standing in race. They can't see any tasks on board, can't see what tasks anyone else is doing either.... only able to watch horse progress. Which means they get no rewards at conclusion of that particular race. The opting in once race has started only gives them the opportunity to participate the next week race. They don't count towards your current derby members.

I hope that helps you.

Grannydl, your understanding is correct. The others poster are, too. I'll try rephrase it differently so you can compare our versions.

When checking from neighborhood memberlist:
    During derby: opt-in status is NOT real time, meaning it can be changed but the changes won't be updated here. Exception is when an opted-in leaves then rejoins, their status will be changed to opt-out.

During derby pause: status is real time.

Any changes during derby D and derby pause will be taken into account for derby D+1.
    Last edited by meonhoc; 20 Hours Ago at 04:33 PM.
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game and your language. Report abuse/spam on forum.

Valley stuff: SIGN-UP - Map - Basic rules - Chicken - Fuel station - Lucky bonus

#AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 143♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH12 ::

If they are constantly opting in and messing up your derby the just kick them out. I can really understand that you don’t like doing it but you are really hurting the rest of your team mates by allowing it to continue. If you want to be kind then opt them out this week and put up a note explaining why they are opted out. If they opt themselves back in regardless then just kick them out. Don’t even wait for the derby to end. Don’t feel bad, they got plenty from you already.