Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Upgrade walls without a builder

Fresh Spawn

Upgrade walls without a builder

Walls donít take time to upgrade so there should be no reason to have to have a builder available. It would be really nice to be able to upgrade walls at any time. I have had max loot many times and unable to do anything until a builder became available.

Only builder can upgrade walls regardless of whether it takes time or not. So I don't see how upgrading walls without builder makes sense.
    If you are filling storages with loot, it's better to leave a builder free for doing walls.
    Last edited by Maestro666; February 22nd, 2020 at 03:29 AM.

Village Maiden
    Please read the stickies! This is ruled out.
    "Why?" You might ask?
    Think about it?
    If you could build walls without the need of a free builder, there would be no loot to steal.
    You, along with millions of other players, would simply empty all of your excess gold/elixir into walls before exiting the game, leaving nothing to steal.
    This would cause a massive drain on the in game economy.
    In fact, a long time ago, SC actually allowed walls to be upgraded without the need of a free builder and guess what?
    There was a massive shortage of resources in the game.
    Read the stickies.
    Think about the potential consequences of an idea and how said idea might be abused by players.

Fresh Spawn
    Leaving a builder free to upgrade walls is the issue. Would be nice to be able to use that builder and upgrade walls any time.

Fresh Spawn
    I read the stickies before posting. I didn’t see that in any of them. I would absolutely not empty my loot in walls before exiting. The same reason I don’t when I have a builder free. If I empty my loot every time then I will never have enough loot to start the next builder. I have kept one builder free many times for walls and never emptied my storage every time I left the game.

Quote Originally Posted by joemann8478 View Post
    Please read the stickies! This is ruled out.

Read the stickies.
    This idea is NOT ruled out. Before berating new members please read the stickies yourself. It is not on the ruled out list nor is it on the frequently requested list.

That said, the rest of your post is correct. This would damage the in-game economy. Supercell tried it once and had a terrible effect on the availability of loot. There's no chance they'll go back to that
    Last edited by Phoenix1027; February 22nd, 2020 at 04:03 AM.
    TH13 | BK 65 | AQ 67 | GW 38 | RC 6

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaredj7 View Post
    I read the stickies before posting. I didn’t see that in any of them. I would absolutely not empty my loot in walls before exiting. The same reason I don’t when I have a builder free. If I empty my loot every time then I will never have enough loot to start the next builder. I have kept one builder free many times for walls and never emptied my storage every time I left the game.
    When presenting an idea, you need to consider how many different gameplay styles are used in Clash.

You may not sink everything into walls at the end of a session but plenty of people would and experience shows it is disruptive.

Changes and additions need to benefit the game not a few individuals.

I do purposely saved up a builder for walls sometimes, not a big deal.

- Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown
    - Some would question if the risk was worth it. The Rest were already dead.
    - OK BOOMER ------------------ 小舟從此逝 江海寄餘生
    - Victory goes not to the able, but to the ambitious.

Village Maiden
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    This idea is NOT ruled out. Before berating new members please read the stickies yourself. It is not on the ruled out list nor is it on the frequently requested list.
    My apologies. Thank you for correcting me.

Fresh Spawn

Being able to upgrade walls with no free builders

make it so even if you have no free builders you can upgrade walls, bcos alternatively they donít even have a build timer and the builders donít go whack it or anything so smack it so you donít have to have a free builder. thanks