Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Siege Barracks...too slow?

Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    First time I used one, I too was confused as nothing happened. Then, it hit me, like any other Siege Machine it is under your control to deploy early. Problem solved! Have you tried tapping on the SM icon to deploy immediately after placement? Or, are you saying even that delay, once manually deployed, is too long?
    If you do that, your cc troops come out and you don't get the benefit of the pekka and wizards that come with the SB, so it is a waste of the SB. You might as well attack without one.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KCWarHog View Post
    The barracks has become my favorite siege machine. It works great packed with hogs. You get a free pekka right off the bat, which could go in with your main army depending on how you deploy it. Then you get a whole bunch of wizards trickling out which are usually pretty well tanked by your main army. Finally you can get a whole squad of hogs pouring out to help clean up remaining defenses on the back side. That's how I like to use it and I have been loving it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheClanimals View Post
    This. Hogs are great because they have good speed to catch up to the attack. And unless needed earlier, I wait for the hogs to emerge and deploy the Champ with them as they work quite well in tandem.
    This is how I've been using it. I've been having good luck with a Pekka/Yeti army. Set the funnel on one side, King and Siege Barracks to funnel the other. RC usually earlier than the hog riders come out, but the hogs end up grouping up with RC quite quickly. That really helps clean up the outside ring of defenses while the main army is in the core.

Limits like fear are often just an illusion
    Siege Barrack has become the most used siege machine at TH13 for me.
    I use it for many of my attacks be it Yeti Smash,Hog/Miner Hybrid,QC Hogs or QC miners.
    SB really helps to created one side of the funnel.It takes around 25 seconds for CC troops to come out of SB if SB is not targeted by any defense.I plan my attacks accordingly.

You can just tap on SB to destroy it and have CC troops come out anytime you want.

Wanna join a Competitive all TH13 Champs 1 war clan?Click here

Pro Member
    The timing is manageable.

Maybe we could set the timer in the future. Maybe not as this would take away from the "automated" part of the game just like how troop AI is predetermined.

For some of our heavily planned attacks, we will use the countdown timer to determine when to drop the SB. Timing is everything but you can always sacrifice a few wizards if you drop the SB too late.

I use it sometimes for funneling. When I come across a base that has a lot of trash buildings/lesser defenses outside of the walls, I can send the king off with the siege barracks and clear out one side of the base narrowing the path for my main army.

Clash of Stats: #L8CCQ8UJ | #PP0R9VGJR
    Thanks to TerMinus Prime for the awesome sig/avatar!
    Forum Titles | About Reputation | Reputation Dots

I had not considered using it for a corner funnel; I was using more as a support vehicle. One the other strats I’ve been tinkering with is basically all Yeti and EQs to open the base, so good funneling is certainly useful.

Those of you who use it in one corner, what do you use to take out the other corner?
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.
    Creator Code: GwN

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post
    I had not considered using it for a corner funnel; I was using more as a support vehicle. One the other strats I’ve been tinkering with is basically all Yeti and EQs to open the base, so good funneling is certainly useful.

Those of you who use it in one corner, what do you use to take out the other corner?
    I've been using a Warden Walk. He has better range than the Queen so usually comes under less fire. This usually means I don't need to use a rage spell to keep him up. Also, his support logic has him follow the troops to the main entry point. So he doesn't wander off on his own like the Queen can do. It does take a little getting use to and is slow if you're using him to take out too many buildings.

New Bloke/Chick
    Does anyone know if the level of siege barracks affect the pekka and wiz lvl? Like is it the same lvl of these troops no matter if your siege is lvl 1 or 4?

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by NesQuickPL View Post
    Does anyone know if the level of siege barracks affect the pekka and wiz lvl? Like is it the same lvl of these troops no matter if your siege is lvl 1 or 4?
    The higher the level more wizards come out, the level of the wizards and pekka are based on your bases level, so if you have level 4 wizards the wizards coming out will be level 4, same as pekka.

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubah21212 View Post
    The higher the level more wizards come out, the level of the wizards and pekka are based on your bases level, so if you have level 4 wizards the wizards coming out will be level 4, same as pekka.
    Thx good to know. What about the number of troops for each siege lvl? Any idea?