Results 1 to 7 of 7

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: (Builder Base) Fix algorithm for match making or discourage rushed bases

  1. #1

    (Builder Base) Fix algorithm for match making or discourage rushed bases

    I've found it very irritating that bases I've encountered in my league are one or even two (rushed) builder hall levels above me. Although the opposing player is rushed, they have more defenses (including new defensive buildings). This is a problem because despite the fact that I have maxed out troops in my army and I'm a semi-experienced attacker, I get roughly 40-70 (rarely 100) percent on my attacks (against higher builder halls). On the other hand, the opposing (rushed) player has access to higher level troops/newer, stronger troops, and more army camps. Not only does the player have the defensive advantage but the player has the offensive advantage (I get 70-100 percented). This is somewhat unfair because while I'm here trying to work my way up the intended way, rushed players exploit the fact that win percentage is the main factor of moving up, and with new defenses from higher builder halls, it's very easy to skip the "farming" part.

    I suggest fixing this issue by:
    -Limiting the level/number of troops when attacking lower builder hall levels
    -Having a severe loot penalty when going against lower builder halls
    -Making players go against their own builder hall level (when upgrading the builder hall the player gets a 2-4 week window to go against the previous builder hall level)

    If rushing is considered a "tactic" and there is nothing you guys can do about it, I understand. However it's a suggestion to make the game experience better and a lot more balanced.

  2. #2
    Forum Champion
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Bad Newz, VA.
    Posts
    5,651
    You are trying to play BB like the home village. BB doesn’t work that way. The intended way to play BB is rushing. This is done purposely. By maxing, you are severely handicapping yourself. S.C. designed it this way and I doubt they will make any changes. Instead, try changing the way you play BB. Upgrade to the next Hall. Drop the new stuff. Upgrade your lab and get your most used troops upgraded. Rinse and repeat until BH9. Congratulations! You are no longer getting pummeled by higher level BH.
    Last edited by Bigdome757; February 21st, 2020 at 09:53 AM.

  3. #3
    Adjust your play style - level the troops you want to do rather than evenly. Focus on things that get you that 6th builder! It’s up to you to strategise for an edge to get your trophies up so you get more loot each day!

  4. #4
    Forum Hero Phoenix1027's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    The Land
    Posts
    6,753
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonardWatermelon View Post
    I've found it very irritating that bases I've encountered in my league are one or even two (rushed) builder hall levels above me. Although the opposing player is rushed, they have more defenses (including new defensive buildings). This is a problem because despite the fact that I have maxed out troops in my army and I'm a semi-experienced attacker, I get roughly 40-70 (rarely 100) percent on my attacks (against higher builder halls). On the other hand, the opposing (rushed) player has access to higher level troops/newer, stronger troops, and more army camps. Not only does the player have the defensive advantage but the player has the offensive advantage (I get 70-100 percented). This is somewhat unfair because while I'm here trying to work my way up the intended way, rushed players exploit the fact that win percentage is the main factor of moving up, and with new defenses from higher builder halls, it's very easy to skip the "farming" part.

    I suggest fixing this issue by:
    -Limiting the level/number of troops when attacking lower builder hall levels
    -Having a severe loot penalty when going against lower builder halls
    -Making players go against their own builder hall level (when upgrading the builder hall the player gets a 2-4 week window to go against the previous builder hall level)

    If rushing is considered a "tactic" and there is nothing you guys can do about it, I understand. However it's a suggestion to make the game experience better and a lot more balanced.
    You claim you're working you're way up the "intended way" when there is no such thing. The game was never intended to be played any one way. This is especially true for builder base where rushing has always given players the upper hand. If you think that maxing is the intended way to play then don't you think that after 3 years of having the builder base supercell would have made adjustments to punish rushers?

    In short, they're not going to change the builder base to your desires. Adjust the way you play and you'll have a much easier time playing. As other have already said, you can't play the builder base the same way as the main village and hope to have the same success. It's purposely designed that way so as not to be a complete ripoff of the main village. If you're unwillingly to make changes to your playstyle then you're going to continue to be frustrated. You need to adapt to the game, because the game is not going to adapt to you.
    Last edited by Phoenix1027; February 21st, 2020 at 12:32 PM.
    TH13 | BK 65 | AQ 68 | GW 39 | RC 6

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonardWatermelon View Post
    This is somewhat unfair because while I'm here trying to work my way up the intended way, rushed players exploit the fact that win percentage is the main factor of moving up, and with new defenses from higher builder halls, it's very easy to skip the "farming" part.
    I suspect you made your forum account to make this one complaint post and not return, but if you do, please explain why you think maxing everything out is the "intended way" while at the same time you know it is an advantage to rush ahead? It seems to me the "intended way" is to do whatever is most fun for you. If you have fun maxing everything out and want to do that even though you know it will prevent you from pushing as high in trophies, then do it. If your goal is to push higher in trophies and/or to max out BH9 as fast as possible, then the "intended way" to do that is to rush to BH9 right now and work on maxing it out from there.

    Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

  6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonardWatermelon View Post
    This is somewhat unfair because while I'm here trying to work my way up the intended way,
    Why do you believe that to be "the intended way". Supercell have never said it is. Indeed they have said they want people free to play the way they wznt. There is mo "intended way"

    But while SC have never stated what "the intended way" is, for either main base or builder base, all the evidence suggests that rushing is the expected way for BB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  7. #7
    If you won't lose any resources in BB by being attacked, why wouldn't you rush, just why ? no reason not to rush. Even in Main Village, acceptable rushed required you less time to complete all the buildings.

    - Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown
    - Some would question if the risk was worth it. The Rest were already dead.
    - OK BOOMER ------------------ 小舟從此逝 江海寄餘生
    - Victory goes not to the able, but to the ambitious.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •