Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Max war winstreak

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    Agreed. I don't think it's easy. The amount of analysis it takes to do it is just too much for me to care about. I took major up on his offer to let my TH8 join them in wars. The wars they get just aren't even close to being even. These guys have the matchmaker down to a T. They know it inside and out.

As an example, my TH8 is normally at the bottom or near the bottom. A few wars ago I 3* a TH12-1 at position 4 in a 15v. To be fair it hadn't updated its war base since TH9, but still - this shows the sort of competition you can draw if you learn how the MM works.
    Well, we have been at it for years and each incarnation gets better, plus we know pretty much every big streak clan and some of them come war with us. We just hit #1 in US, and if it weren't for the self match clans, we'd be 4th active and 5th overall.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    Well, we have been at it for years and each incarnation gets better, plus we know pretty much every big streak clan and some of them come war with us. We just hit #1 in US, and if it weren't for the self match clans, we'd be 4th active and 5th overall.
    Major.. You just touched on the thing that impresses me most with the top streaker clans.. The camaraderie.

One gets used to it.. But the number of top streaker players that are coming and going between clans within the network is mind blowing..
    Everyone is sharing a common goal, and that is to push the clan they are visiting, as well as themselves, forward..
    Sharing knowledge, matchmaker changes, break downs, base weights, roster balancing, signing up for a war, or simply having a chat..

Engineering carries with it such stigma for those that havent experienced it..
    But boy, what a fantastic place to hang out if you want information or real friendship..

What I expected to be a cut throat business, is anything but, in the modern game.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Major.. You just touched on the thing that impresses me most with the top streaker clans.. The camaraderie.

One gets used to it.. But the number of top streaker players that are coming and going between clans within the network is mind blowing..
    Everyone is sharing a common goal, and that is to push the clan they are visiting, as well as themselves, forward..
    Sharing knowledge, matchmaker changes, break downs, base weights, roster balancing, signing up for a war, or simply having a chat..

Engineering carries with it such stigma for those that havent experienced it..
    But boy, what a fantastic place to hang out if you want information or real friendship..

What I expected to be a cut throat business, is anything but, in the modern game.
    Tbh, many actually chat on a regular basis, there is a secret underground where many commune. There is a stigma about self match that extends far beyond what I complain about, clans that do it are deemed as cheaters by very many clans. There are literally discord channels dedicated in trying to take them down, whether hunting, or changing the game. People add me to all of it, even if I don't ask, something I really found interesting was that someone asked supercell support and they confirmed that self match was against the rules but couldn't do anything unless they could prove it but I can't find the pics.

They can't check wars? I was hoping we'd do a demonstration to self match since hadros was having itzu come by for his 1000th win and maybe could get a video done but probably not likely to happen.
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ahboi00 View Post
    Lopsiders came with that game update, nothing to do with the streak, GM bases were balanced.
    Indeed. Which is why i always found the posts about enjoying 'Maxer v Engineer' arguments quite amusing in itself.

The biggest problem existed after March 2016, when the copy and paste lopsided casual engineers grew exponentially.
    Ask 99.9% of this player base to explain to you how War Weight and the MM algorithm worked, and the typical response would be :-

"Er..."

GM were balanced, big headed, but balanced!

History should never confuse real engineering with the copy/paste crew that poisoned the Clan Wars landscape!

.. and that's coming from a Maxer!
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 16 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...10-s-to-TH12-s My Spec : Mid TH12.