Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 94

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Max war winstreak

  1. #31
    Pro Member dayone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    St-Hubert QC.
    Posts
    585
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    They stopped the copy and paste lop siding that bogged the war game down..
    i agree it was both late in coming, and good for the game..
    But that hasnt stopped those whom play the war streak game from continuing their quest..

    The 2 anchor, offensively rushed roster was unfair, because it couldnt be countered due to the MMA they ran..
    But working the numbers, and spinning with an algo that wont give advantage simply because there are missing defences and troop upgrades takes a little more knowledge..
    More knowledge than I have the patience to learn.
    There is no moral ground, it is a pocket game.. I dont personally pursue prep day advantage, but dont give a hoot about those that do..
    My grievances when joining forum were answered.. I now have a choice in how I play.. I am good with how others choose their path.
    You just be careful you dont hurt yourself if you fall off that high horse.
    ĒI am good with how others choose their pathĒ

    Iím sure you are. I bet if the shoe was on the other foot, you might think differently.

    There is ALWAYS moral ground, in everything we humans do. No matter how big or small, significant or inconsequential.

    I took the family horseback riding a few years back. The kids loved it, the wife and I hated it. Had to listen to the instructor give a little Ďhorse safelyí speech and then we trotted around a field and a few trails for a little while. What a waste of a perfectly fine afternoon.
    Meh, at least the kids liked it, lol
    Leader of Alberta United #9YQYU0P2. Lv19, 759 fair play wins and counting...

  2. #32
    Pro Member dayone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    St-Hubert QC.
    Posts
    585
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    I haven't read all the posts in this thread yet, so I won't comment except to highlight the above post. Thank you dayone for exercising self-restrain and not sending the draft because you stated that "it was pretty nasty".

    I must confess that on several occasions, I drafted heated replies but didn't send them after rereading them because they were too inflammatory for my tastes and didn't advance the conversation. I would've become the topic of conversation instead of the topic we were discussing.

    I must remind myself often that words are like arrows: Once they're spoken or written, I can't recall them, much to my everlasting regret.


    ---
    Lynn, Clasher, Farmer, and now also Boomer
    Feb. 22, 2020
    Totally Lynn. I’ll usually stick with the dry wit and mild sarcasm instead of being out right nasty, although there are times...hehehe
    Leader of Alberta United #9YQYU0P2. Lv19, 759 fair play wins and counting...

  3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #33
    Quote Originally Posted by dayone View Post
    Why do you have to beat around the bush so much. Its like you’re talking in code or something. Just say what you want to say.
    That is exactly what I did.

    Are you saying that SuperCell intentionally put a loop hole into their match making algorithm, then sat back and waited for someone to discover it and that they meant for engineering to happen? Is that what you’re saying?
    Why do you believe therbmight be any slight possibility I meant that?

    I didn't write anything which could possibly be interpreted as meaning that, and of course I am not saying it. That would be a ludicrous thing to suggest.

    There are no hidden meanings in what I wrote, I meant exactly what I said and nothing more.

    What are you saying?

    Its really not clear what you’re saying.
    It is completely clear if you don't go looking for hidden meanings.

    I’m saying the opposite. I’m saying I think it wasn’t intentional. That it was an oversight, an unintended action, an unfortunate mistake, a....whatever you want to call it. The introduction of clan wars was a huge update. The game was still in its infancy, not even 2 years old yet. Something could of easily been overlooked. I’m saying that I think a company like SuperCell who obviously values fair play and fair competition wouldn’t knowingly put a loophole into their game that lets certain players who discover it have an advantage over others.
    Complete straw man, since I have never suggested anything different.


    I think at the beginning of this epidemic, SuperCell didn’t realize the scope of the problem, even though they have the numbers, and didn’t realize how big the problem would eventually become over time. They unfortunately ignored it for years until it got out of control and then they were forced to take steps to fix the problem.
    I think that is probably mostly correct.

    But I do think that initially SC thought it was just another way to play the game. It was only when it started seriously impacting the enjoyment of others that they decided it needed to be reined in.

    In other words, while they may not have intended people to play that way (and almost certainly didn't), they did not initially even see it as wrong, which is why it took so long for them to do anything. And even when they did, their main efforts were in the direction of stopping it from being advantageous rather than preventing people playing that way.

    I think that engineering was unquestionably not the way SuperCell intended Clash Of Clans to be played. If it was, why would they severely overhaul their matchmaking algorithm and drastically change the way bases are upgraded by forcing the player base to place defences before upgrading their town hall if engineering was working as intended? That would make no sense.

    I’ll say it again, I believe engineering was not intentional. It took a while, but to SuperCells credit they eventually fixed their unintentional mistake.
    I don't have much argument with any of that.

    But there is a huge difference between saying engineering was unquestionably not a way it was intended to be played, and saying your way was unquestionably the way it was intended to be played.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  4. #34
    Forum Superstar joshsgrandad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NE England, UK.
    Posts
    3,524
    Quote Originally Posted by dayone View Post
    I am good with how others choose their path”

    I’m sure you are. I bet if the shoe was on the other foot, you might think differently.

    There is ALWAYS moral ground, in everything we humans do. No matter how big or small, significant or inconsequential.

    I took the family horseback riding a few years back. The kids loved it, the wife and I hated it. Had to listen to the instructor give a little ‘horse safely’ speech and then we trotted around a field and a few trails for a little while. What a waste of a perfectly fine afternoon.
    Meh, at least the kids liked it, lol
    Then it seems we are on the same page after all..
    In this case, the engineers are the kids.

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by dayone View Post
    Really Major, you donít think we play to win too because we donít exploit a loophole? You think we have a .787 win loss average by luck, or by accident? Thatís patently ridiculous. I also want to win 100 out of 100 FAIR wars.

    Am I supposed to feel bad that you were ostracized by a few clans because you played in a way that screwed over your fellow clashers? Youíre talking to the wrong guy, lol. Iím glad those clans had some integrity.

    Anyway, indeed we are a different breed, I wonít argue that, and I do see the game differently from you. One day, sooner rather than later, you probably will exceed my clans total wins....itís just my record wonít have an asterisk* beside it. Hehehe.
    Lol, it's a game and I strategize to win by the greatest amount possible. We play the game the same but I'm not limited by some obscure values of how the game is supposed to be played. I have no line in the sand, I am free!

    If I'm going to play a game, I will win and strive to be one of the greats, we will win and dominate with help from our friends.

    If we were to face a point where we were to lose or retire, I would honour our comrades whom have been an instamental successs because they are the unsung heroes.

    I'm not concerned with what others think, I would not have been able to progress if I were to concede and not question others.
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; February 23rd, 2020 at 10:41 AM.

  6. #36
    I'm struggling to understand how building something you think is overweighted by the matchmaker rather than building something you think is underweighted by the matchmaker is morally superior to actually upgrading your base in a way that helps the clan in war? It seems intentionally doing something that isn't good for the clan in war is a bit selfish?

    Roster engineering I have different opinions about, but I've never been convinced by the individual base engineering argument of it being somehow immoral. It also hasn't helped that those speaking out against engineers often do a bit of it themselves. If you don't immediately drop the eagle as soon as you hit th11 "because you want your offense to catch up" you are engineering.

    The problem over the years has been the flaws in the matchmaker, not the players paying attention to it when they decide what to spend their gold on. The good news is it is in a great place right now. Not perfect, but really good.

    Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

  7. #37
    Forum Veteran Thegreatpuma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Druidia
    Posts
    1,963
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I'm struggling to understand how building something you think is overweighted by the matchmaker rather than building something you think is underweighted by the matchmaker is morally superior to actually upgrading your base in a way that helps the clan in war? It seems intentionally doing something that isn't good for the clan in war is a bit selfish?

    Roster engineering I have different opinions about, but I've never been convinced by the individual base engineering argument of it being somehow immoral. It also hasn't helped that those speaking out against engineers often do a bit of it themselves. If you don't immediately drop the eagle as soon as you hit th11 "because you want your offense to catch up" you are engineering.

    The problem over the years has been the flaws in the matchmaker, not the players paying attention to it when they decide what to spend their gold on. The good news is it is in a great place right now. Not perfect, but really good.

    I'll go you one further. ANYTHING done to help a clan get an easier opponent should be considered "engineering". I think many of the anti engineers who do the above though delude themselves into believing that it's just them trying to get a "fair" war, whatever that means to them.

    Honestly, if you take clan wars out of the picture completely main base would be exactly like builder base. There would be no reason at all to max at anything but the top th. Everyone would rush. If anything, this makes the most sense about what supercell would truly want. Certainly they didn't add clan wars to SLOW base progression.

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I'm struggling to understand how building something you think is overweighted by the matchmaker rather than building something you think is underweighted by the matchmaker is morally superior to actually upgrading your base in a way that helps the clan in war? It seems intentionally doing something that isn't good for the clan in war is a bit selfish?

    Roster engineering I have different opinions about, but I've never been convinced by the individual base engineering argument of it being somehow immoral. It also hasn't helped that those speaking out against engineers often do a bit of it themselves. If you don't immediately drop the eagle as soon as you hit th11 "because you want your offense to catch up" you are engineering.

    The problem over the years has been the flaws in the matchmaker, not the players paying attention to it when they decide what to spend their gold on. The good news is it is in a great place right now. Not perfect, but really good.
    It kind of reminds me of playing runescape back in the day and people create pures in order to maximize a particular player killing skill set while retaining a lower level. It's the same among all games, players strategize in order to gain an upper hand.

    We can go back earlier to what I mentioned about the couple clans that didn't want to include my bases because they were too good for war and "supercell was going to ban engineers" (lol) but in the same breath they wouldn't include the rushed bases either. I find it generally the same among anti-engineer clans where they won't include the TH12 or TH13s with pink walls, mid camp space, and underleveled troops because they know it will have a negative impact on the match. It's like playing with a narrow view about how a game should be played and everyone else is "immoral" because they don't follow the code.
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; February 23rd, 2020 at 09:12 PM.

  9. #39
    Forum Champion Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    6,347
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    It kind of reminds me of playing runescape back in the day and people create pures in order to maximize a particular player killing skill set while retaining a lower level. It's the same among all games, players strategize in order to gain an upper hand.

    We can go back earlier to what I mentioned about the couple clans that didn't want to include my bases because they were too good for war and "supercell was going to ban engineers" (lol) but in the same breath they wouldn't include the rushed bases either. I find it generally the same among anti-engineer clans where they won't include the TH12 or TH13s with pink walls, mid camp space, and underleveled troops because they know it will have a negative impact on the match. It's like playing with a narrow view about how a game should be played and everyone else is "immoral" because they don't follow the code.
    So explain how what you do to never get an even match is different than building a clan designed to self match? Just shades of gray. You both manipulated the matchmaker to get an advantage. I manipulate it to get the types of wars I want. C'EST le guerre.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

  10. #40
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,629
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    So explain how what you do to never get an even match is different than building a clan designed to self match? Just shades of gray. You both manipulated the matchmaker to get an advantage. I manipulate it to get the types of wars I want. C'EST le guerre.
    Of course it is totally different, with today matchmaking algorithm, making optimized bases for war and still able to match normal clan regularly is already a challenge, most engineered clan dont get match if they go to extreme, remember blombardo effect? So creating optimized roster that able to match in timely manner is a delicate balance you have to find and dont forget the casuals also growing their bases so we also need to grow properly, where the self match is way much easier, totally not a comparison, as long as u can make mirror bases in 2 clan, voila u get it, u can just make 5v th3 vs th3 to do it. almost effortless
    https://www.clashofstats.com/clans/a...LPP80/members/

    Engineered clan focused on crafting optimized bases

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •