Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Max war winstreak

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenSpa View Post
    Nice to read an old school Max vs Engineer thread again, after participating myself in so many of these threads. Then again, I have not been on the forum for over a year, after GM retirement.

Indeed, our wins streak stands at 590. You can get a detailed explanation here:
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...0-ws-milestone

Anyway, we are happily retired, and love our in-game wins streak of 500. We see no point in re-activating the clan to try to catch Bangkok (now retired) in game number of 518. The self-matchers clans will surely catch up one day.
    If you reactivate the clan with similar lineup to previous one, I think you will lose the WS soon, with other engineers at similar weight bracket to yours, the self matcher surely be there faster, but some clans including ours may be able to legitimately pass GM and Bangkok with newer optimized bases, so maybe u need to get back from retirement if you want to keep it ahead
    Last edited by samratulangi; March 2nd, 2020 at 04:37 AM.
    https://cocp.it/clan/L8VLPP80

Engineered clan focused on crafting optimized bases

Quote Originally Posted by ZenSpa View Post
    Nice to read an old school Max vs Engineer thread again, after participating myself in so many of these threads. Then again, I have not been on the forum for over a year, after GM retirement.

Indeed, our wins streak stands at 590. You can get a detailed explanation here:
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...0-ws-milestone

Anyway, we are happily retired, and love our in-game wins streak of 500. We see no point in re-activating the clan to try to catch Bangkok (now retired) in game number of 518. The self-matchers clans will surely catch up one day.
    Sorry, I forgot your final bow.. Was an interesting read.
    And I meant no disrespect when releasing the figures..
    As you will be aware, history only remembers the printed numbers..

Anyhows, thanks for spicing up the game..
    I hated the infection you inspired at first, with those damned lop siders..
    But grew to love the aura that surrounded yourselves (but dont tell anybody)..

Loved the calculator, on the occasions it was open for public viewing..
    Still prefer cocp.it for looking at wars (quite sure that is one of GM's side projects too)..
    And sure would be interesting if you guys were to fire up the boiler again..

But that war v Noobs?..
    Lol, only kiddin.. Thanks for the entertainment thru those years..

As an edit.. Big thank you to Sam for showing me around his patch.. And to the guys there for putting on a show for me.. Is very much appreciated.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; March 2nd, 2020 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    I hated the infection you inspired at first, with those damned lop siders..
    Lopsiders came with that game update, nothing to do with the streak, GM bases were balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by ahboi00 View Post
    Lopsiders came with that game update, nothing to do with the streak, GM bases were balanced.
    Lopsiders were an easy manipulation of the matching system..
    But OP/hyper engineering has the same taste, regardless of the colour..
    I would suggest GM bases were structured, rather than balanced..
    account/roster balancing is something that is usually referred to in order to give an even war in my book..
    Except for that one (in)famous war draw, they were never even.

As I said, I was an admirer.. They were clever, and helped forge a different way to play..
    But a totally different mindset usually "balances" their roster..
    All in the interpretation I guess.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; March 4th, 2020 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandurang View Post
    Oh man, a good old fashion Maxers vs Engineers thread and I missed it and step in to late. The indignant, arrogant, complaining maxer stepped out of the arena because he couldn't win the discussion, because he still thinks "there is only one fair and true way to play this game". Talking about a facepalm moment here.

I always loved those whining maxers saying it wasn't fair their bases were crushed by players who outsmarted them.

And on top of that Sin of Dusk would tell them they could have maxed their base faster by strategic rushing. Making more clear there is just not one way of playing the game "as it was intended".

I really miss those threads. Love to read this one from the beginning till the end. Made me smile. Especially the reactions of ignorant maxers who think they are always right.

BTW the longest war streak has been accomplished by Martian Powers, I thought everybody knows that.

As I love the reactions of engineers who take themselves for strategic geniuses because they copied a cheap exploit someone else found to compensate for their bad attacking, then pretend that you need to be part of Mensa to understand it, lol. Makes me smile every time too.
    Last edited by Ajax; March 6th, 2020 at 12:30 PM.
    Leader of Alberta United #9YQYU0P2. Lv19, 775 fair play wins and counting...

590 by 厶∀丫กาα尺七ί αηऽ

has it become to easy to create a clan solely for a win streak purpose, seems that very very few streak clans are losing anymore

Quote Originally Posted by alcusmc View Post
    has it become to easy to create a clan solely for a win streak purpose, seems that very very few streak clans are losing anymore
    I dont think it is too easy.. Its just that the better ones are very good at it..
    For those that have it tied down, the advantage is insurmountable, given that the players within those clans also know their way around a base..
    I have had the pleasure of visiting two such clans, and unless there is a dramatic change in the system, they are unlikely to ever lose.

And there are also those whom match themselves.. Matching is so quick for them that it is virtually impossible to even hunt them, without someone on the inside.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    I dont think it is too easy.. Its just that the better ones are very good at it..
    For those that have it tied down, the advantage is insurmountable, given that the players within those clans also know their way around a base..
    I have had the pleasure of visiting two such clans, and unless there is a dramatic change in the system, they are unlikely to ever lose.

And there are also those whom match themselves.. Matching is so quick for them that it is virtually impossible to even hunt them, without someone on the inside.
    Agreed. I don't think it's easy. The amount of analysis it takes to do it is just too much for me to care about. I took major up on his offer to let my TH8 join them in wars. The wars they get just aren't even close to being even. These guys have the matchmaker down to a T. They know it inside and out.

As an example, my TH8 is normally at the bottom or near the bottom. A few wars ago I 3* a TH12-1 at position 4 in a 15v. To be fair it hadn't updated its war base since TH9, but still - this shows the sort of competition you can draw if you learn how the MM works.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH8-12
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm permamax (for now)
    TH11 - doug 50/50/20 heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    Agreed. I don't think it's easy. The amount of analysis it takes to do it is just too much for me to care about. I took major up on his offer to let my TH8 join them in wars. The wars they get just aren't even close to being even. These guys have the matchmaker down to a T. They know it inside and out.

As an example, my TH8 is normally at the bottom or near the bottom. A few wars ago I 3* a TH12-1 at position 4 in a 15v. To be fair it hadn't updated its war base since TH9, but still - this shows the sort of competition you can draw if you learn how the MM works.
    Yeah.. I was privileged to get an invite too..
    great bunch of guys, and their knowledge is evident in clan chat..
    certainly didnt need me, and isnt much to be gained except being part of a winning team..
    Will likely be back once I decide to tie down hogs.. But kudos to the guys