Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Max war winstreak

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #21
    Quote Originally Posted by dayone View Post
    I got the same advice as you...adapt, something I refused to do. When you’re playing the game in a way it was unquestionably meant to be played, you don’t adapt to those who exploit a loophole for fake success, they adapt to you.
    So you are saying Supercell are wrong?

You'll have to let them know what this " way it was unquestionably meant to be played" is.,

Neither Supercell nor most other players know this.

Not too sure where the arrogance to think you do comes from
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak2180 View Post
    Well I did say " I manage to fool the system".
    I meant if I avoided being caught as a fraud.

A completely healthy person who managed to fool the system to comepte in paralympics is similar to engineered TH11 hitting a Th9 and calling themselves champions.Lol
    There is a vast chasm of difference between them. Your healthy person is cheating.

"Fooling" the matchmaker was never cheating.
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    My stats (main account)

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #23
    A different skill set?! You gotta be kidding us! More like it took a different set of personal values. C’mon PapaTroll, it took ZERO skill to not build your defences and only upgrade a few war troops. Why do you think so many people were doing it successfully? Why do you think it became such an issue? It was easy!
    That just threw away any chance of credibility you had.

Obviously it took a different (and to you loathsome) set of personal values.

But if you think all it took skill wise was to "not build your defences and only upgrade a few war troops. " then you know nothing about how engineering actually worked.

Also ‘earned’ is a bit of a stretch. Even casual engineers had such a massive advantage for a while its as if they were ‘given’ wins and win streaks. Nothing earned about it.

The bulk of players recognized exactly what engineers were doing, it wasn’t some great mystery like you seem to think it was. Some clans decided to adapt, others like mine refused to join the dark side and took our losses with a badge of pride.

Ahhhh....feels like 2016 again, lol
    Actually, it feels like you are pointlessly raking up long past grievances.

Don't get me wrong - I hated engineered clans, and we went from about a 60% win ration to about 5% at the peak of it. I am VERY glad Supercell decided to take steps to stop it having an advantage. But that doesn't make much of what you say above valid at all.
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    I liked the way that Josh put it.

It isn't really as simple as simple as that but it's really the difference is that we play to win and will take every advantage possible. I remember even being ostracized by a couple clans because they didn't understand the way I made bases but I found the holy ground, a group of players that played the same way i did. One of our clan mates once said "if I could win 99 out of 100 wars, I would strive to win that last war". I'm proud of our clan mates, we have so many good attackers that often hit a lot higher and even some that pre adapted to changes in the MM.

We are different breeds and I doubt you will see the game the way we see it, I'm cool with that. Might end up challenging your all time wins soon
    Really Major, you don’t think we play to win too because we don’t exploit a loophole? You think we have a .787 win loss average by luck, or by accident? That’s patently ridiculous. I also want to win 100 out of 100 FAIR wars.

Am I supposed to feel bad that you were ostracized by a few clans because you played in a way that screwed over your fellow clashers? You’re talking to the wrong guy, lol. I’m glad those clans had some integrity.

Anyway, indeed we are a different breed, I won’t argue that, and I do see the game differently from you. One day, sooner rather than later, you probably will exceed my clans total wins....it’s just my record won’t have an asterisk* beside it. Hehehe.
    Leader of Alberta United #9YQYU0P2. Lv19, 759 fair play wins and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    That just threw away any chance of credibility you had.

Obviously it took a different (and to you loathsome) set of personal values.

But if you think all it took skill wise was to "not build your defences and only upgrade a few war troops. " then you know nothing about how engineering actually worked.

Actually, it feels like you are pointlessly raking up long past grievances.

Don't get me wrong - I hated engineered clans, and we went from about a 60% win ration to about 5% at the peak of it. I am VERY glad Supercell decided to take steps to stop it having an advantage. But that doesn't make much of what you say above valid at all.
    Why are you so serious Ajax? We’re just having a bit of fun. The forums can get very boring and sterile sometimes. Its just a friendly jab in the ribs to my fellow clashers, nothing to serious.

Maxers vs Engineers, its a battle that’s raged since the dawn of time.

And yeah, I do think it takes a...your words, not mine...loathsome set of values to screw over your brothers.

And yeah, I am pointlessly raking up long past grievances...I need something to do while my army’s cooking, lol.

I’m just some random guy on the forums, I never claimed much of what I said was valid or credible. Just one mans opinion.

So you are saying Supercell are wrong?

You'll have to let them know what this " way it was unquestionably meant to be played" is.,

Neither Supercell nor most other players know this.

Not too sure where the arrogance to think you do comes from
    I’m saying SuperCell WAS wrong, wrong to let engineering go on for so long. Obviously they knew it was bad for their game and took steps to correct it. Better late than never.

If they had meant for their game to be played like that, why take measures to fix it? It dosent make sense.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #27
    I’m saying SuperCell WAS wrong, wrong to let engineering go on for so long. Obviously they knew it was bad for their game and took steps to correct it. Better late than never.

If they had meant for their game to be played like that, why take measures to fix it? It dosent make sense.
    The point I was making is that there is no "way it was unquestionably meant to be played".

I'm not saying that engineering was a way it was intended to be played as such.
    My stats (main account)

The point I was making is that there is no "way it was unquestionably meant to be played".

I'm not saying that engineering was a way it was intended to be played as such.
    Why do you have to beat around the bush so much. Its like you’re talking in code or something. Just say what you want to say.

Are you saying that SuperCell intentionally put a loop hole into their match making algorithm, then sat back and waited for someone to discover it and that they meant for engineering to happen? Is that what you’re saying?

What are you saying?

Its really not clear what you’re saying.

I’m saying the opposite. I’m saying I think it wasn’t intentional. That it was an oversight, an unintended action, an unfortunate mistake, a....whatever you want to call it. The introduction of clan wars was a huge update. The game was still in its infancy, not even 2 years old yet. Something could of easily been overlooked. I’m saying that I think a company like SuperCell who obviously values fair play and fair competition wouldn’t knowingly put a loophole into their game that lets certain players who discover it have an advantage over others.

I think at the beginning of this epidemic, SuperCell didn’t realize the scope of the problem, even though they have the numbers, and didn’t realize how big the problem would eventually become over time. They unfortunately ignored it for years until it got out of control and then they were forced to take steps to fix the problem.

I think that engineering was unquestionably not the way SuperCell intended Clash Of Clans to be played. If it was, why would they severely overhaul their matchmaking algorithm and drastically change the way bases are upgraded by forcing the player base to place defences before upgrading their town hall if engineering was working as intended? That would make no sense.

I’ll say it again, I believe engineering was not intentional. It took a while, but to SuperCells credit they eventually fixed their unintentional mistake.

<<snip>>
    I agree with your last line though, and with the changes to how you have to place defences to move on to the next level now and the behind the scenes changes in matchmaking, SuperCell seems to have decided that engineering is in fact not good for the long term health of their game. What a surprise!
    They stopped the copy and paste lop siding that bogged the war game down..
    i agree it was both late in coming, and good for the game..
    But that hasnt stopped those whom play the war streak game from continuing their quest..

The 2 anchor, offensively rushed roster was unfair, because it couldnt be countered due to the MMA they ran..
    But working the numbers, and spinning with an algo that wont give advantage simply because there are missing defences and troop upgrades takes a little more knowledge..
    More knowledge than I have the patience to learn.
    There is no moral ground, it is a pocket game.. I dont personally pursue prep day advantage, but dont give a hoot about those that do..
    My grievances when joining forum were answered.. I now have a choice in how I play.. I am good with how others choose their path.
    You just be careful you dont hurt yourself if you fall off that high horse.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    I literally just wrote a wall of text...and erased it all because it was pretty nasty...
    I haven't read all the posts in this thread yet, so I won't comment except to highlight the above post. Thank you dayone for exercising self-restrain and not sending the draft because you stated that "it was pretty nasty".

I must confess that on several occasions, I drafted heated replies but didn't send them after rereading them because they were too inflammatory for my tastes and didn't advance the conversation. I would've become the topic of conversation instead of the topic we were discussing.

I must remind myself often that words are like arrows: Once they're spoken or written, I can't recall them, much to my everlasting regret.

---
    Lynn, Clasher, Farmer, and now also Boomer
    Feb. 22, 2020
    Last edited by LynnK2015; February 23rd, 2020 at 02:59 AM.
    In what ways am I grateful? Let me count my blessings.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...essings-Thread