Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Players Should Have Accountability in Derby for FAIR PLAY!

Problem with the statistics is a player can be kicked out simply because leader wants to. this would hurt their reputation if stats were known. I have travelled in a few hoods. i have found more poor leaders than poor hood mates. I would not want to get a scarlet letter simply because of the whims of many of these leaders.
    I have also hooded solo. So, if i choose to do low level tasks or just a few it hurts no one. Some derbies I try to only do mine tasks. or only town tasks. It is a game in a game for me. But this would also go and hurt my statistics? No, this is also not a good way to judge people. Just because they were great at one time, does not mean they are a good fit for your hood. and vice versa.
    FYI - I do all tasks at 320 plus the extra for diamonds. I would be a great asset. But, my statistics does not show that.

In some cases, I "communicate" with non NB players by changing my farm name. I like the thought of leaders "tagging" those players. For a joke, my farm name is Dairy Air...one day when I grow up (LOL!) I may want to change it

Quote Originally Posted by Fifio View Post
    a saboteour is a player that joins just to ruin the derby (has nothing to do with abiding the hood rules) there are several hopping around just to ruin derbies and you can't know who it is till it hits you since so easy to just change name and looks

easiest way is just to make it impossible to change name just like the hoods name that cant be changed

ofc nothing stopping them from making more farms its just a part of game we need to deal with i guess

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fifio View Post

Why on earth is is permitted to change your name in the first place???
    While I hate people who change their farm names in an effort to rejoin hoods they have already been booted out of. I had one of those in the past and I understand that frustration.
    I would hate not being able to change my name even more. In my neighborhood we change our names several times during the derby as a way to "call" our next task. So I am often Mother Hen Potato Bread or Mother Hen choc. ice cream.
    Heart in Hands
    Silver chicken on a purple heart.
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC

Fresh Spawn
    Certainly is frustrating to have folks not follow NH norms. Our NH is very old and low turnover. Our tags lay out expectations and one of the leaders welcomes new members and explains norms. After that, play derby or don't as you wish but if you play do the 9 or 10 tasks and take 320s or higher. If a mistake happens apologize and press on. If you need to opt out. No drama! If you can't meets these few norms we have move-out Monday! We have never had someone sneak back with a new name but like I said earlier we are very low turnover.

Sneaking back in under a new name has happened to us several times. I donít gat it. Do you really want to play where you arenít wanted? And do you think Iím not going to recognize your farm? Iíve even had people come back repeatedly under the same name! Did you think I made a mistake the first three times you were kicked? In any case, I still like having the option to change my farm name.
    Leader Spiritís Peace
    Competitve Champion League
    Now accepting new members​

Fresh Spawn
    I have been fortunate that our community is well led. I joined years ago when we had folks ranging from lvl 35-60. Still have same leader and several Co leaders(most at lvl 200 or above). Lowest is 100ish. With experienced players still get folks that are Not a good fit but rarely any malice involved. Like someone said, there is a neighborhood for all if you look. Just don't understand the malicious farmers people refer too. They must be very unhappy people.

I consider myself a very good Derby player and I always do all my task including the diamond in a fair amount of time (3 days) usually. I did join a NH a couple years back that said they had it all going on liked to talk and they had fun playing the derbies honestly it was the worse hood ever the derby rules changed like the weather and they wouldnít help because you were NEW and no one would talk to me either other then to grunt out ďwell canít really part with tomatoes but I will sell you a fewĒ seriously I would give them back after I picked my first field (it took about 15 mins to buy 10 from this guy) you mightíve thought I was robbing him and YES you could buy in paper unfortunately I couldnít find any and wanted this derby over so I could run away. I did leave shortly after and to this day some of those players follow me, wouldnít give me 5 mins of their time but you follow me like a puppy..... to this day I donít help them but I buy all the barn and silo stuff they offer 😁

This game will always have bad players and bad neighborhoods. I donít think putting a mark on a player will solve the problem because what is normal playing to one person is catastrophic to another.... Do like me con you 80 yr old mom into playing getting her hooked and watch her rip through the derbies (lol) my mom has Parkinsonís, Macular Degenerate disease and early dementia and her farm looks like a crazy mess but boy can she play a mean derby.

Centennial Club
    I have a simple solution: if a player is kicked out of a NH, even if most players are free to join, this player can't do so, they must request to join. If they do so after renaming, the NH chat will refer to the player as "NewName, formerly OldName".

Yep we've been there many times. All I can say is boot before end of Derby so they don't collect prizes and they won't come back to you.
    You can also change your hood entrance level, and set for request to join.

I hope you find the joy again

I had a member come into my hood a couple weeks ago, and pulled one task did not finish it and posted in chat after derby started ď I am just here to mess your derby upĒ and left. I have been a leader in my hood and in the championship league since we started, once we climbed leagues, and that cost us a demotion. Extremely aggravating!