Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Players Should Have Accountability in Derby for FAIR PLAY!

a saboteour is a player that joins just to ruin the derby (has nothing to do with abiding the hood rules) there are several hopping around just to ruin derbies and you can't know who it is till it hits you since so easy to just change name and looks

easiest way is just to make it impossible to change name just like the hoods name that cant be changed

ofc nothing stopping them from making more farms its just a part of game we need to deal with i guess

Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post
    I honestly don’t know what to say.

Why do hoods have so many rules, spoken and unspoken?

why is anyone who doesn’t play the way you expect, sabbateurs, leetches, freeloaders and scum?

i have heard of people getting booted for only taking “easy” tasks, “stealing” tasks, and the despicable “reviving without a help task”.

Under former leadership in my hood and a long time ago, I had invited a retired couple and their adult daughter to the hood. After 2 days they were kicked because “they weren’t needy enough”

never would they make a farmer wear a wall of shame, nor should they. If someone is really doing something against the ToS, then there is a report button for that.

just my 2 cents

I totally agree. People have different ideas of how to play. Sometimes real life happens. No need to attribute bad intentions, since you have no way of knowing what their intentions are.

There is a hood available for every style of play be it casual, derby, non derby, highly competitive and anywhere in between. Leaders need to be honest and clear on their expectations. Players need to be respectful of the type of hood that they are joining. Unfortunately both of these things are not happening. As a leader my frustration comes in when I clearly lay out the expectations for my competitive hood. Ask if the new join has any questions and can comply and they agree. Then once derby starts they break every policy explained to them thereby sabotaging our derby. Then to minimize the damage you have to put up with it for a week bc if you call them out and they leave, you’ve lost even more points. While I don’t think they need to wear a scarlet letter, some sort of hood history might be helpful...say how many hoods you’ve belonged to and the duration and maybe an indication of whether they left or were kicked.
    Leader Spirit’s Peace
    Competitve Champion League
    Now accepting new members​

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by themammabear View Post
    There is a hood available for every style of play be it casual, derby, non derby, highly competitive and anywhere in between. Leaders need to be honest and clear on their expectations. Players need to be respectful of the type of hood that they are joining. Unfortunately both of these things are not happening. As a leader my frustration comes in when I clearly lay out the expectations for my competitive hood. Ask if the new join has any questions and can comply and they agree. Then once derby starts they break every policy explained to them thereby sabotaging our derby. Then to minimize the damage you have to put up with it for a week bc if you call them out and they leave, you’ve lost even more points. While I don’t think they need to wear a scarlet letter, some sort of hood history might be helpful...say how many hoods you’ve belonged to and the duration and maybe an indication of whether they left or were kicked.
    Whilst I do agree with this, I also think we need to keep in mind that things do happen to people in real life. Our hood is champions league, not particularly competitive, but we only take 320 tasks. Recently one of our members experienced a family tragedy. She was busy looking after other family members, dealing with related paperwork and admin and grieving herself. She forgot to log in to hay day and opt out of the derby, but why on earth should that be important? Admittedly, this is a long standing hood member so I am aware of the circumstances in this case, but for larger hoods there may people from all over the world who could be experiencing absolutely anything in their real lives. I would not assume when real life events happen that everyone’s priority would be to log into hay day. Jen

Jenny, I don’t think anyone is referring to players who are experiencing real life issues. The thread is addressing those players who are online, in the derby wreaking havoc, or leaving the hood mid derby after agreeing to the prescribed terms of the hood that they chose to join. The same applies to genuine mistakes. No one is perfect and mistakes happen. You move on, but deliberate disregard is another story.
    Leader Spirit’s Peace
    Competitve Champion League
    Now accepting new members​

Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post
    I honestly don’t know what to say.

Why do hoods have so many rules, spoken and unspoken?

why is anyone who doesn’t play the way you expect, sabbateurs, leetches, freeloaders and scum?

i have heard of people getting booted for only taking “easy” tasks, “stealing” tasks, and the despicable “reviving without a help task”.

Under former leadership in my hood and a long time ago, I had invited a retired couple and their adult daughter to the hood. After 2 days they were kicked because “they weren’t needy enough”

never would they make a farmer wear a wall of shame, nor should they. If someone is really doing something against the ToS, then there is a report button for that.

just my 2 cents

Well my hood is ran by democracy not dictatorship. That sounds like an awful hood you were in. I have plenty of players that just love to play they don't derby they just like our hood and we have no rules on if they have to help or any of that. We as a team have decided after years and years that we are derby focused and some players were not interested and just don't opt in. I didn't kick them out for it.

And the leeches, etc. are the players that play unkindly however their not using hate speech, being sexually explicit, bullying, as far as i can tell their not using mods, if/when they steal I automatically kick them out, they basically join have a slight chat with how they want to play say their busy but they'll join soon, then they watch the group see how well we work together watch farmers get excited about a specific derby, join that derby then do nothing. AKA Sabotaging the derby, if we were really busy then they can leech, scum and freeload on the prizes given by each horseshoe that was earn. That's if their not kicked out before the derby ends.
    As far as a report this farmer button I feel that should only be used when someone is being harassed, bullied, sexually accosted or any emergency of that nature. That report button should not be abused by something that a stats board could resolve.

As far as a farmer wall of shame if you will. ALL of our walls of shame are our boat leaderboards, achievements, my fish book, the zoo animals, neighborhood requets/donations board (which has statistics of your entire neighborhood about them giving and receiving produce vs production! REALLY! just add derby stats there) This is not a radical concept.
    Last edited by SaintsArcane; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:15 PM.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintsArcane View Post
    ...As far as a farmer wall of shame if you will. ALL of our walls of shame are our boat leaderboards, achievements, my fish book, the zoo animals, neighborhood requets/donations board (which has statistics of your entire neighborhood about them giving and receiving produce vs production! REALLY! just add derby stats there) This is not a radical concept.
    I understand most of your post until I reached the last paragraph which discusses wall of shame. Why do you think there is shame when we show up on the boat leaderboard? On the contrary, we should feel proud of ourselves if we are boat enthusiasts and place in the Top Ten.

You would like to see our derby stats when you tap on our profiles like in Clash of Clans which shows how many war stars we won and how many troops we donated among other achievements? I get it.

So what type of derby stats would you like Team Hay Day to show in our profiles?

---
    Lynn, Clasher, Farmer, and now also Boomer
    Feb. 26, 2020
    Last edited by LynnK2015; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:00 AM.
    In what ways am I grateful? Let me count my blessings.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...essings-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    I understand most of your post until I reached the last paragraph which discusses wall of shame. Why do you think there is shame when we show up on the boat leaderboard? On the contrary, we should feel proud of ourselves if we are boat enthusiasts and place in the Top Ten.

You would like to see our derby stats when you tap on our profiles like in Clash of Clans which shows how many war stars we won and how many troops we donated among other achievements? I get it.

So what type of derby stats would you like Team Hay Day to show in our profiles?

---
    Feb. 26, 2020
    WussyPuss said that the Hay Day team wouldn't do a wall of shame that other players could see and your Scarlet Letter post basically said the same thing. (i wrote back to that post too but it didn't get put up *shrugs*) All of our Scarlet Letters and walls of shame are what we already celebrate and show pride for, that's my point. You can see how much someone doesn't fill boats or barely fishes, goes hardcore over special buy diamond packs, etc. Those are already in the game to show how much effort you put forth as a farmer and, on what you like and don't like AKA possible walls of shame or scarlet letters. To me personally if you don't have high stats on anything cool, that's fine, you do you; just don't opt into my hoods derby and jump on once that week or not at all, it's rude.

I have no idea on Clash of Clans but if you can tell if someone's interested in playing the game one way versus another, then yeah, that. Maybe stats that say points average, task average and, time average in weeks per year. Any way possible to account for farmers derby actions. And if you could see that by tapping on their name then I think that would be a massive game changer and aid on trying to see if a farmer is a good neighborhood team member.

And if Clash of Clans has that I'm a little irritated because Hay Day was created first. What's good for the gander isn't good enough for the goose? Didn't that goose lay the golden egg for Supercell?

As a clasher as well, I know you can vet out clanmates before letting them in your clan, however, clash is different. There are tangible rewards for being in a clan and for advancing your clan level called “Clan Perks”

perhaps if hay day added neighbourhood perks, then someone somewhere would bother with a database
    Farm 141
    CoC TH12 BhB9 AQ 60 BK 53 GW 26
    established level 18 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintsArcane View Post
    ...In steps in the moochers, free loaders, the scum of this game. They sabotage the derby week after week, you kick them out of the neighborhood and continue looking for decent Hay Day Law abiding citizens. And yes we are given some tools to help vet out the good ones (must be this level, etc.) but all in all absolutely no accountability to the players that just float team to team leeching then floating.

...But policing leeches is not fun or motivational and frankly makes the Hay Day Fair and Safe play policy look tarnished at best.
    Wow, it's like I just traveled back in time when Team Hay Day first introduced the Derby. IIRC, some forumites called their hoodmates "moochers, free loaders" and other names which I will not repeat because the hoodmates weren't as enthusiastic derbyists as their name callers.

Some forumites wanted to see how many tasks and how many points each derbyist contribute. When Team Hay Day said no, the enthusiastic derbyists asked their hoodmates to post screenshots of their completed tasks to third party apps so everyone may see. Eventually, Team Hay Day relented and allowed us to see the number of tasks and points each derbyist contributed.

I wonder if Team Hay Day will allow us to see how many derbies we participated in and how many points we earned to date.

I hope they won't cross another Rubicon.

---
    Feb. 27, 2020
    In what ways am I grateful? Let me count my blessings.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...essings-Thread