Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Players Should Have Accountability in Derby for FAIR PLAY!

Pro Member
    Sounds fair enough to be able to have stats on players asking to join since they get the stats on our neighborhoods before deciding.Potential members can see our trophies..read our keywords describing our nh etc.
    Another thought...maybe if Supercell wont change anything then maybe the forums could be changed as a start. Recruiting nh could have separate running tab such as: Competitive, Moderate and Relaxed neighborhood sections. At least then potential members would only choose from the type of nh they are looking for. Instead of leaders just having to accept members each week and "hope for the best" ..
    Last edited by Ginamarie71; April 6th, 2020 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brkerbby View Post
    I had a member come into my hood a couple weeks ago, and pulled one task did not finish it and posted in chat after derby started “ I am just here to mess your derby up” and left. I have been a leader in my hood and in the championship league since we started, once we climbed leagues, and that cost us a demotion. Extremely aggravating!
    Wow so much to say and I was going to just shut up but this is the one that said it all.

Ok I personally don’t think I could play in a NH that is that intense. And it’s easy to sit back and say, well it’s just a game. And it is.... BUT people have the right to play as hard or a easy as they like and they have the right to gather like minded people to play with. Does that make sense? If someone, anyone, wants to play with gusto, all out, all in and that is known up front. I feel that’s just as OK as a group who wants to play it relaxed. And I’d even go as far to understand that if a more relaxed player found out that their definition of competitive play doesn’t match the NH they are in, it’s perfectly understandable that they admit that and gracefully bow out. Ok maybe they hurt that weeks game for the highly competitive group, but my experience with farmers is that they'd understand and wish that player well as he or she left for greener pastures (wow I am full of metaphors today)

But what would annoy the heck out of me is someone who parted company with the group because it wasn’t a good fit, but then deceitfully came back just to mess up the game for the others. I have a hard time trying to figure out why someone would do that, because yes it is just a game and certainly in today’s world there are many more serious things to worry about, but we need escapes to help us deal with today’s world. They are just as important to some as anything else. To make light of people's coping mechanisms is just wrong. To sabotage them is just cruel.

Sorry, I need some comfort food now to shake this off.

Tigg

GC: Tiggerr Two #2RQR90QG | Lvl: 141​ | NH:dis FUNtional
    Turbo Trucker Help and Guide | HD Guide Book- | New People Tips
    Main Topic guide

Thanks to Red (again) for the picture !!

Quote Originally Posted by Brkerbby View Post
    I had a member come into my hood a couple weeks ago, and pulled one task did not finish it and posted in chat after derby started ď I am just here to mess your derby upĒ and left. I have been a leader in my hood and in the championship league since we started, once we climbed leagues, and that cost us a demotion. Extremely aggravating!
    Wow! Just wow! To openly admit that is just sociopathic!
    Leader Spiritís Peace
    Competitve Champion League
    Now accepting new members​

Quote Originally Posted by Fifio View Post
    What i find most annoying is after you kick or boot nonfitting players they just change name and looks of farm and crawl back in and sabotage again.

Why on earth is is permitted to change your name in the first place???

no other game that i have played lets you do this and i find it highly annoying
    I don't think anyone would go through all that trouble just to rejoin a hood when there are hundreds of thousands to choose from. And btw, I play another game and they let you change your name.
    Halloweeners
    ID #P8POURGU

Iím not saying that they necessarily come to sabotage. Some just like your hood and donít want to be kicked. They donít think theyíve done anything wrong. How many times have you seen posted here....I just got kicked from my hood for no reason...I did all my tasks...blah blah blah... I just recently kicked one who posted this in a looking for a hood ad.. she broke just about every rule in our hood not to mention being rude, undermining strategy, and upsetting most of our members who are generally easy going and donít ruffle easily...but she did finish all her tasks. Even after she pmd me all big and angry and was given a kind but objective explanation, she didnít get it and insisted she had done nothing wrong.
    Leader Spiritís Peace

Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post
    I honestly don’t know what to say.

Why do hoods have so many rules, spoken and unspoken?

why is anyone who doesn’t play the way you expect, sabbateurs, leetches, freeloaders and scum?

i have heard of people getting booted for only taking “easy” tasks, “stealing” tasks, and the despicable “reviving without a help task”.
    :
    Yeah I totally agree. Iím not willing to turn my farm into a huge Halloween decoration by keeping dead trees for help tasks. Sure, Iíll happily flag if I need to. But it seriously doesnít take too long to search the paper for people who may need a helping hand. Iím not really that nit picky about donations either, if itís something I canít provide I just ignore it. Iíve been with my group for years now and we donít have too many rules, except for how many derby tasks should be done and being courteous to each other.

If we get someone like that, I temporarily change the required level to above theirs so they can't just come back.

Yes that usually works along with making your hood invite only or request to join. Although request can be iffy bc other members may let someone in if they have changed the farm name and they donít recognize the farm.
    Leader Spiritís Peace

Away, for a little while. Will try my best for Lake Timer updating
    I'll just explain how the Clashers deal with sililar kind of issues.

In clash of clans, there are a team work where everyone must give their best similarly to derby in Hay Day. In order to avoid issues raised in this thread, the leaders on Clash side simply made addition clans (equivalent of neighborhood) call feeder: this is a trial playground where member would prove they are a good fit and understand the rules....

Only they have proven themselves that they are allowed to join the main clan to participate in the team activities (clan wars). The recruitment should be well coordinated and leaders informed. Otherwise bye bye no turning back.

Just consider that being part of your hood is a privilege, not a right, then people who are motivated to join will be sure they will only find like minded peopleto play with.
    Welcome to Community Forum - Report abuse/spam - World Time Buddy - Lake Timer

My Guides (Valley/Derby): V Map - V rules - V Chicken - V Fuel station - V Lucky bonus | D points - Bunny D - Mystery D - Bingo D

#AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 150♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH13 ::

Funny you say that. Iím not a clasher, but My hood just did that a few weeks ago. We opened our annex as a kind of training hood. It also holds our baby farms and farms who want a time out from the rigors of high level competition. We still accept some directly into our main hood but we came up with this idea as a testing ground of sorts.
    Leader Spiritís Peace