Thread: Unable to make in-app purchases.

Post Unable to make in-app purchases.

When trying to make an in app purchase, instead of being able to open up my Google Play account balance/credit card, I am given the message:
    "Purchases unavailable! Make sure that you are using a valid Google account and that your primary payment method is up to date."

I have tried many ways to try and fix this problem.
    - I have a credit card added as a primary payment method. There is also money in my Google Play account.
    - My Google Play account is connected to my Clash of Clans village. I can tell, because at the top of my screen when I open the game, it greets me with the "Welcome back, Bunny" message.
    - My purchase ability isn't bugged on other apps. When I attempt to make in-app purchases in other apps, I am prompted to complete the payment with the money in my Google Play account balance. The only app this doesn't work in is Clash of Clans.
    - I have tried clearing the cache and then uninstalling. I have also tried clearing all data in the app and uninstalling. Neither of these have worked.

My current theory is that somehow, my village (which is connected to a Supercell ID) is ONLY connected to the Supercell ID and not the Google Play account that has my balance. If that is the case, I suppose I would have to remove the Supercell ID from my account and then link my village to Google Play? If that was the case, that seems extremely stupid of Supercell to do, but I feel like it might be plausible cause to the problem I'm having.

If there is anything I haven't thought of, please tell me. I have no idea what else could be wrong with my Clash of Clans game/Google Play account. Thank you!
    Last edited by Bunneh5001; February 20th, 2020 at 03:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunneh5001 View Post
    My current theory is that somehow, my village (which is connected to a Supercell ID) is ONLY connected to the Supercell ID and not the Google Play account that has my balance.
    That isnt the case. I have scid and gplay as well and everything is fine.

If that is the case, I suppose I would have to remove the Supercell ID from my account and then link my village to Google Play? If that was the case, that seems extremely stupid of Supercell to do, but I feel like it might be plausible cause to the problem I'm having.
    You can opt out from scid but i cant tell you if you are able to connect back to gplay then or if the system wants you to use another scid.

I believe it is a region problem as other clashers have this problem as well.

Have you tryed a factory reset or set your gplay gift card as payment method? Maybe this works.
    Last edited by wotanwaton; February 20th, 2020 at 05:15 AM.

I can try a factory reset. I live in the United States so I have a feeling it isn't a region problem, and my Google Play gift card is already added to my balance, which I know is set as a payment method, since I can use it on every other app.

Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    That isnt the case. I have scid and gplay as well and everything is fine.

You can opt out from scid but i cant tell you if you are able to connect back to gplay then or if the system wants you to use another scid.

I believe it is a region problem as other clashers have this problem as well.

Have you tryed a factory reset or set your gplay gift card as payment method? Maybe this works.
    Factory reset did not work. Does anybody know if there are more solutions that I can try to fix this issue?

UPDATE: A solution has been found!

Turns out, the problem was that the Google account in my phone that had the payment information wasn't set as my "default account". In order to fix this, I just went into my Settings, opened up the Accounts page, and deleted all the accounts listed ABOVE the one with my payment information. When this was finished, all it took was a simple uninstalling of Clash of Clans and then a reinstalling, and huzzah! Payments are now possible!

I simply added my deleted accounts back, which are now listed below my default account, meaning that my purchases are still up and working.