Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan name

Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    What do you guys think would happen if sc would release a one time clan name change? (No matter how expensive - 20bucks real money at least)
    I expect many clashers would name their clans like "famous" known clans and maybe then they would say "we are the original" or "we are in that clan family" even if they are not even close to know one of those clashers.

I am fine with that "NO" decision from sc.
    how is that different from account name - many may call themselves in well known names so what? and by the way i havent seen an issue with this so far
    Leader of Drunken.Hog (#2C2GPL99) friendly fast growing clan.
    Some members have their kids here too, hope we are not too old
    Clan is open 2 days a week, visit us

Quote Originally Posted by Itsjusmac View Post
    7 years ago my old clan leader quit the game and handed leadership over for me, our clan is named after a small town where he came from which has no relevance to anything else, no connection to anybody in our clan, and quite frankly has bugged everybody for 7years lol if I'm prepared and willing to pay, either with money or gems, why can't I at least 1 time change this? the qol would be morale.
    He quit the first year? Before clan wars? If the name bugged you so much, you had SEVEN years to make another clan and bring it lo level 16-25 depending on your war size and success.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by eitiel View Post
    He quit the first year? Before clan wars? If the name bugged you so much, you had SEVEN years to make another clan and bring it lo level 16-25 depending on your war size and success.
    That one had me scratching my head as well. If it were a 7-year old Clan, I could understand but if you've been sitting on it for 7 years, well...we can't help you there.
    AKA Tank Puppy

ďIn ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.Ē
    Terry Pratchett

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    That one had me scratching my head as well. If it were a 7-year old Clan, I could understand but if you've been sitting on it for 7 years, well...we can't help you there.
    Imagine staying in the clan for 7 years that has a name that doesn't make sense to you or whatever.

Pro Member
    We do not offer name changes for Clans at this time. It is an idea we have no plans to implement any time soon. The only way to get a Clan name change is if it's reported for being something offensive or if you are competing at the ESL Qualifiers or Finals and your Clan is picked up by a professional esports team.
    Just curious as to why clans dont get atleast 1 time chance to change name?

As the game evolves, some peoples clan names may need to also.. for example, there was a great th12 friendly challenge clan I used to visit regularly, super active, had 'th12' in the clan name.. then th13 dropped... so a bit of a prob there, if it wanted to continue to be a clan for challenges for max bases. The clan has actually died now , died the day th13 cane out actually lol

Quote Originally Posted by bostone View Post
    Just curious as to why clans dont get atleast 1 time chance to change name?

As the game evolves, some peoples clan names may need to also.. for example, there was a great th12 friendly challenge clan I used to visit regularly, super active, had 'th12' in the clan name.. then th13 dropped... so a bit of a prob there, if it wanted to continue to be a clan for challenges for max bases. The clan has actually died now , died the day th13 cane out actually lol
    Asked and answered a while ago in one of the AMA's I think: the option for a clan name change has not been coded into the game from the beginning (unlike the option for a user name change). So by now it will take extra work/coding and such to get this implemented

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    Asked and answered a while ago in one of the AMA's I think: the option for a clan name change has not been coded into the game from the beginning (unlike the option for a user name change). So by now it will take extra work/coding and such to get this implemented
    To add to this, we do have the systems in place to manually change Clan Names, as we have a process for this for when a Clan gets picked up by a pro esports team. We do not have a system in place to allow Clans to do their own Clan name changes.
    AKA Tank Puppy

ďIn ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.Ē
    Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by eitiel View Post
    Iím sure the clan was active and plugging along. Most bases were probably low level at this point. I doubt their first thought when leader quit was ďguys letís completely disband the clan and start a new one because we donít like the nameĒ. It was probably just business as usual and they were assuming the leader hadnít really quit and would be back.

I donít think it was a dead clan. It was active for 7 years.

So can we get an application process to get names changed? If it takes a month to turn around the change, that will deter people from messing around and constantly changing. Again, it’s the only part of the game that hasn’t evolved with us.

Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    Itís simply changing a string of text. The limitation here is not technical I can assure you.
    Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; February 20th, 2020 at 02:19 PM.