Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Warlord

Warlord

Hello, here is DarkWarrior with a good idea!

warlords

Clash of Clans has always had members, elders, vice leaders, and leaders in clans. It's slowly getting boring and why shouldn't there be another rank? How about a warlord? My idea behind it is that the warlord is a completely new rank that has adjustable rights from an elder or vice leader. The warlord is there to start wars and to invent strategies for war. For that, there should be a new function for the strategies. In this function, there should be functions for the warlord, for example in a 10vs10 clan war. The warlord should be able to indicate in his function with which troops his clan member SHOULD attack. This does not mean that the clan member has to attack the enemy with the indicated troops, it should only be a suggestion from the experienced warlord. The warlord should also have a function of indicating who is attacking who, in what order and also for the 2nd attack. What the warlord also should decide is what is donated to the clan castles. The warlord should also be able to decide if he wants to be part of the clan war or not. Why? Yes, because a warlord is usually there to do the strategy and control everything, he's the boss of the war. So if I should decide whether he should be part of the Clan War or not, I would rather say no because he is the strategist.

Every player would be happy about this new function because Clash of Clans is very much about clan wars and because for these many years there have only been these 4 ranks, which is now also boring. The warlord would really be a very good idea and I can also imagine that you can bring it in a little differently, so more advanced than my idea. We players would all really be happy about such a function.

DarkWarrior

Standing outside a broken Clan Castle with Gold in my hand
    I’m cool with four boring ranks. The gap isn’t as wide between Elder and Co-leader as you might believe, but I know I’ve read other people wanting a rank in between with some but not all of the Co powers. If there was a clear way to distinguish the duties between an Elder and a Co that isn’t just some of this and some of that, I don’t see why a new fifth, boring rank shouldn’t be added. A warlord as you described, being in charge of war but unable to participate in them, feels like an opted out Co-leader, and that’s just too exciting for me to handle.

This sounds like a great idea...

...without the human race.

I know for a FACT there will be Clans handing out "Free Warlord!!!", then there would be the new issue of Warlords forcing people to only put goblins in war CC, and forcing TH 2s and 3s to attack TH 13s using both attacks each on separate bases, then completely cropping out our TH 13s, so they cannot do anything. Once again, AMAZING idea, if executed well, but the human race will DEFINITELY find several ways to mess it up.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkWarriorLuca View Post
    Hello, here is DarkWarrior with a good idea!

warlords

Clash of Clans has always had members, elders, vice leaders, and leaders in clans. It's slowly getting boring and why shouldn't there be another rank?
    Because nobody has yet identified a need for one. Including you, I'm afraid.

How about a warlord? My idea behind it is that the warlord is a completely new rank that has adjustable rights from an elder or vice leader. The warlord is there to start wars and to invent strategies for war. For that, there should be a new function for the strategies. In this function, there should be functions for the warlord, for example in a 10vs10 clan war. The warlord should be able to indicate in his function with which troops his clan member SHOULD attack. This does not mean that the clan member has to attack the enemy with the indicated troops, it should only be a suggestion from the experienced warlord. The warlord should also have a function of indicating who is attacking who, in what order and also for the 2nd attack. What the warlord also should decide is what is donated to the clan castles. The warlord should also be able to decide if he wants to be part of the clan war or not. Why? Yes, because a warlord is usually there to do the strategy and control everything, he's the boss of the war. So if I should decide whether he should be part of the Clan War or not, I would rather say no because he is the strategist.
    Right. So you want a completely new rank which can basically do what any player can do now. Why?

Every player would be happy about this new function
    There has never been ANY idea, nor is there ever likely to be any idea about which "Every player would be happy".

because Clash of Clans is very much about clan wars and because for these many years there have only been these 4 ranks, which is now also boring. The warlord would really be a very good idea and I can also imagine that you can bring it in a little differently, so more advanced than my idea. We players would all really be happy about such a function.

DarkWarrior
    A very very tiny proportion of players would be happy. Then they would get bored with this new rank that has no reason to exist.

Our clan used to have a war general. She did all of the things you are suggesting, but had no need for an extra rank for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Forum Elder
    I'm noncommittal on the idea of a new rank, I still don't see enough reason for it. As to a 'warlord' rank as described by the OP, I think it goes well beyond something at 'all would be happy' with. I see it as a rank that will be abused and will cause more strife for more clans than it helps. I don't need nor want someone to decide who I attack. I'm ok with a discussion about who should attack who, that is normal, but having someone decide the entire war strategy is a bit too dictatorial in my opinion and in many clans would create a single point of failure. Additionally, it would allow folks to abdicate responsibility for thinking strategically and inhibit their own learning. That being said, it may work well in clans that require that sort of oversight. As to a warlord deciding what goes into war CC's, who better than the owner of the base knows exactly what troops work best in the CC? I design my bases very intentionally and that includes what CC troops will work best based on pathing, the meta and trap and hero placement. It is not reasonable to expect one person to know what I intend when I build a base, nor is it reasonable for someone to override what I have figured out is best.

Welcome to the forums, DarkWarriorLuca!

For the level of war planning and control that you seem to be requesting, doubt that the game will ever 100% fill all you desire. The native collaboration toolset is minimal, with basics provided such as clan chat, clan mail, and base notes. It was not designed to be, nor should it be, a robust social networking platform. It is designed as a game, with the tools neccessary for the game.

That said, there are some clans that do manage war efforts to a very detailing degree. Those clans tend to use a social collaboration app (Slack, Discord, Facebook Group, Groupme, etc.). Then they require members join the group and actively check there for directions before attacking (else they may be kicked).

So then you simply do things like decree within that group that RocketRanger is the "Warload". On Prep Day, do not fill any CCs until they send out a list of what troops to put in which CC. On War Day, do not attack until directions are given. RocketRanger can send out a list of whom attacks whom. They can even post screenshots if they desire of enemy bases with annotations, such as arrows showing suggested direction of attack! How it is used, and to what degree of information is to be conveyed is totally up to them! Those apps are designed to be very robust, Clash being a game, will never provide those level of services, nor should it.

So if they added the new rank, as you suggested, you would still be bound to the information that you desire the Warload to convey with the in-game tools we have today with the limits that they have in place (e.g. size and frequency of clan mail, size of base notes). They are simply not equipped to convey volumes of information.
    Last edited by rowman; February 18th, 2020 at 10:16 PM.