Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Utilizing Ernst and Rose effectively

Centennial Club

Utilizing Ernst and Rose effectively

I am noob to the game and just unlocked Ernest and Rose.
    I am not sure I am using them right so I ended shutting them to zero.

1. I was trying to fill boat orders, one of them was white sugar. Ernest, then started producing syrups (since I asked) and when I realized this happened, it was too late to make my own my white sugar.
    2. My feed ends up going their barn. How do I use the feed that goes to their barn other than selling them? I see that they got the animal feeds when I fill the RSS but I cannot access them for use other than sale. Therefore, I shut Rose to zero as well.

There must be an way to effectively use them, I just don't know how.

Thanks.
    Last edited by JLSuperfly; February 18th, 2020 at 07:04 PM.

Hello,
    I think it all depends on how you play. In my opinion, they are only useful if you are going to be offline for long periods of time so that they continue to do things for you while you are away or maybe on a second account. I log in multiple times a day and every time I used them, I find them to get in the way. I just don't use them at all any more, even if its free. My suggestion is that if you have them for free, try to use them at night when you go to sleep and see if they are helpful to you in any way.
    Last edited by gabistron; February 18th, 2020 at 07:19 PM.

Centennial Club
    I don't use Ernst much. But I really like Rose. I only use them when they are free. I just discovered that you can sell the stuff that Rose makes in the RSS, third tab. What I do is sell the milk to my baby farm and then buy it again with my main farm, this way Rose keeps on milking the cows!

I use them all the time, but I have never asked them to make syrup or the longer cheeses. Why? I load these (I do have all 9 slots opened) right before bed, and then even if they’re done before I come back on, they will keep making butter and cream and then if I need more longer items, I load them manually during the day. This way you can keep their queue loaded with butter cream, white and brown sugar and only get Ernest loading shorter items at a time.

i do the same with Rose - I keep her zero on wool and goats milks, I am on often enough that I can do these manually. But it’s super handy to have tons of milk and bacon, so I keep her maxed on those.

Depends on how you like to play your farm I suppose. I keep high inventory in my barn, most of time near barn max. I never use Rose, Earnest. They are very annoying and distracting for me as I have my own routine in place and they just interfere with it. Also they will max out my barn constantly if I open them up to production. I also do not like they way they feed my animal either. I will trash a 5 star booster of them if one appears. So they are just optional to your disposal. Does not hurt to try the free ones to see if they are to your liking.

Once a month I use the free trial and add on any and all boosters I have. I turn over my farm to them and they collect milk and bacon, feed the farm animals, make sugars, syrup, cheeses, cream, butter. I sell the extra feed to keep rose working. I use the stockpile to make products I am low on and keep crops planted since they burn through them while making feed.

when they are done, I have lots of extra stuff from their time on my farm and I go back to regular farming again until the next trial.

there are some I know who keep them on the payroll 24/7

nothing the farm helpers do go into your barn, so they provide free extra space.
    Last edited by WussyPuss; February 19th, 2020 at 02:44 AM.
    Farm 141
    CoC TH12 BhB9 AQ 60 BK 53 GW 26
    established level 18 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

Quote Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
    2. My feed ends up going their barn. How do I use the feed that goes to their barn other than selling them? I see that they got the animal feeds when I fill the RSS but I cannot access them for use other than sale. Therefore, I shut Rose to zero as well.
    There's actually a setting you can choose when using rose:
    Choose between the 3 options depending on your playstyle.
    I usually go for "Make extra feeds, do not feed all animals".
    See attached image for reference on options.Attachment 214599
    Attachment 214600

If I use Ernest, I usually use Rose at the same time so that I'll have enough milk for the dairy. I ask Ernest to make butter but every time I'll log into the game I'll put cream to the pipeline (so that quota for Ernest doesn't fill up so fast). And same for sugar but usually I have more sugars than dairy products.

With Rose I make her collect milk and bacon and just one of the others, so that she'll made feeds for each animal and also feeds them after I've collected eggs, wools and goat milks. I Rose's quota gets filled, then I just sell her milks and bacons to my baby farm and buy them back to my barn.

Strategy for Rose and Ernest depends on your level (helper's quota depends on your level) and of course your barn size, so how much can you store stuff. Also, I have long breaks during the day (and night!) so I can make cheeses more easily by myself.
    Last edited by zetis; February 19th, 2020 at 02:14 PM.

The helpers have their own storage. Nothing they make or collect are put directly in your barn.

As WP said sell some of the feed or goods that the helpers make to keep them busy. There is a separate tab when you go to add items to sell in your RSS.

I have found that when I am using Rose and Ernest it is best not to mess with their system too much.

I will hijack 1 feed mill to make sanctuary food and let Rose use the other.
    Last edited by Momscar; February 19th, 2020 at 03:19 PM.
    Level 162
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    🐝 kind. 🤗

Quote Originally Posted by Momscar View Post
    The helpers have their own storage. Nothing they make or collect are put directly in your barn.
    IMO there should be an easy way to move stuff from helper's storage to your barn. Selling it via baby farm back to your own barn is a bit too complicated. Usually I have much more room in my barn than helpers have storage space.