Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Alfred to deliver the new daily dirt?

Lightbulb Alfred to deliver the new daily dirt?

The newspaper refreshes every 2 minutes. If you donīt have a timer on, itīs hard to say when exactly a new newspaper will come. Could Alfred visit the post box every 2 minutes, change the newspaper to a new one (with a good animation) then go away with the old DD and always come back in 2 minutes? I think it would be really cool. Hopefully you got my point.

Sorry to be negative, but I personally don't think I'd like to see Alfred THAT often. I mean, he's great and all, but seeing him every 2 minutes seems a little over the top for me. But I do understand why having a timer would help, I suppose Alfred would make a good "timer" but I still am not too sure about Alfred being seen every 2 minutes, I just think it would make him less of a special and exciting thing.

Just my opinion, that's all.
    Last edited by WheatLandIII; February 18th, 2020 at 05:59 PM.

I’m just a forum member, here to help. Also known as “WheatLand”.
    I found something shiny in my mystery net on Sunday, 2nd July 2017.
    Level 50 reached: Saturday, 25th January 2020.
    Share your Hay Day farm’s statistics with everyone!

Now that they have the bouncing mailbox I think that would be redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by VulcanforHayDay View Post
    Now that they have the bouncing mailbox I think that would be redundant.
    I know they have the bouncing mailbox. But if the Alfred thing would happen, you could see him approaching the mailbox, allowing you to prepare for the refresh. With the bouncing mailbox you canīt prepare. So it isnīt 'redundant'

The idea behind your idea is to "snipe" the DD as soon as is refreshes, get the good deals? Then your suggestion result in the exact opposite effect. With Alfred swaggering down the road, only the wheat and rustic bouquets would be left by the time anyone gets there.

The more subtle the refresh, the better the chances for snipers. The bouncing mailbox... they got it right the first time. Subtle signal only seen by those watching and waiting.
    Last edited by Benjamin9632; February 21st, 2020 at 01:29 AM.

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
    Having poor old Alfred running every 2 minutes to the farms would be a bit overkill.. Just sayin'!

Cheers,

Nick
    Nick / Supercell
    Community Manager
    Like Hay Day on Facebook: http://facebook.com/HayDayOfficial
    Follow Hay Day on Twitter: http://twitter.com/HayDay
    Follow Hay Day on Instagram: http://instagram.com/HayDay
    Subscribe to Hay Day YouTube: http://youtube.com/HayDay

Forum Champion
    More frequent DD will only assist thise who watch the mailbox closely.

You can't possibly scan DD and check few farms that fast. If you're relying on the best buys to be advertised then you you're missing opportunities.

If you want a timer, plant corn and hang around your farm gate.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin9632 View Post
    The idea behind your idea is to "snipe" the DD as soon as is refreshes, get the good deals? Then your suggestion result in the exact opposite effect. With Alfred swaggering down the road, only the wheat and rustic bouquets would be left by the time anyone gets there.

The more subtle the refresh, the better the chances for snipers. The bouncing mailbox... they got it right the first time. Subtle signal only seen by those watching and waiting.
    I never mentioned good deals, did I? The point is to see the refresh more easily, not having to zoom in on the newspaper. Much easier while doing a help task, so that you can farm for that 2 minutes without having to stare at the newspaper. Plus, IDK what you mean by 'only wheat and rustic bouquets would be left'. Everyone has a similar chance to get there first. Donīt talk if you donīt know what youīre talking about.
    Last edited by axelssonfin; February 23rd, 2020 at 12:35 PM.