Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Forum manners

Forum manners

Hi folks!

Over the last days and weeks I'm getting more and more irritated about some comments in this forum.
    It is called "IDEAS & FEATURE REQUESTS" so everyone should be allowed to raise and explain some ideas - as long as they don't appear on the "ruled out" or "might get implemented" lists.

I see that all these ideas can be categorized into one of the following.

1) One bunch of ideas is about simple decorative stuff like new skins, flags, ...
    People might find it necessary, SC will decide upon these, that's ok.

2) Another is about troops or defenses like a current request to adjust the E-Dragon which can and should be discussed. That's necessary and appreciated as it would have an impact on the game's strategy, balance and economy. And some requesters only have a very specific view on their idea not covering all aspects and implications.

3) And then there's a bunch of QoL ideas. They do not change the strategy, balance and algorithms of the game as they only provide ideas to improve the GUI and "user experience" (I hate this phrase as it is often marketing bla-bla).
    Examples are clan rename, indicating max level troops and defenses for a given TH level, switching off troop training completion sound, a gate between training queue and army camps to not let troops directly flow into the camps, ...
    As these are constantly asked for there seems to be a need (or wish) to have this implemented.
    Some of these ideas might not be necessary from everyone's perspective but that should still be ok.
    But my impression is that some commenters here obviously feel the need to comment on everything and argue against these ideas.
    They say: "I don't need it, so I'm against it!"
    Why can't they simply be silent in case that these ideas won't harm them, accepting that others would like to have it implemented?
    Are these commenters part of the official SC staff?
    Only they should provide reasons why these QoL ideas would not be implemented.

And finally I would like to see more feedback from SC on all these ideas including reasons as this would reduce the ongoing re-raise of ideas.
    The question really is what this "official forum" is intended for when we don't get an "official feedback".

What do you think?
    Last edited by NordPohl; February 17th, 2020 at 09:02 AM.

As you have said, any sensible idea that is not ruled out or against the ToS is welcome here on the forums. This, as you might have realised, is a player forum -- where players discuss and raise topics that they feel is required. This forum is simply a large source to a player searching for game related questions online, and this what Supercell intends with this platfrom.

There are hundreds of post being posted on the forum daily, and having staffs replying to every single thread/post is certainly not feasible. As far as I know, Supercell tries to keep a tab on the ideas posted here, and some features in game are actually player suggestions.

EDIT: It's a humanitarian behaviour to communicate and try to get one's ideas across. Most people who agree simply won't post to just tell they agree with the idea, but instead they'd want to add on to the topic, which incidentally involves (slight) contradictions
    Last edited by Clash12344321; February 17th, 2020 at 09:49 AM.

Forum Champion
    This is a discussion forum. When posting on a forum such as this, one should expect all manner of responses including negative. Everyone is not going to agree with every idea. As long as they stay within the rules of this forum they can comment however they wish.
    There is only one SC staff member who comments regularly here: Darian, the community manager. I wouldn’t expect feedback from him here in IFR. Why? Nearly every idea here has been suggested dozens if not hundreds of times over many years. Including the ones you mentioned in your post. It’s extraordinarily rare to read an original or new idea here and just because a few players request it, doesn’t mean it is good or necessary for the game. This is a players forum. Not a “discuss with developers” forum. If Darian commented on every idea thread it would be his full time job.

edit: ninja’d ^^^
    Last edited by Bigdome757; February 17th, 2020 at 09:47 AM.

Standing outside a broken Clan Castle with Gold in my hand
    Shouldn’t this be under Forum Talk rather than I&FR. It’s talking about how we’re supposed to respond (or not respond) to repetitive ideas regurgitated in I&FR rather than being an in-game idea or feature itself.

I believe people are allowed to discuss things on the forum. And discussions have other aspects too besides agreeing on a single thing. People will tell why they agree on it, and also why they do not.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by NordPohl View Post
    <snip>

Some of these ideas might not be necessary from everyone's perspective but that should still be ok.
    But my impression is that some commenters here obviously feel the need to comment on everything and argue against these ideas.
    They say: "I don't need it, so I'm against it!"
    Why can't they simply be silent in case that these ideas won't harm them, accepting that others would like to have it implemented?
    For the most part, comments against things are because people feel it will harm either them or the game. There are a few "dog in the manger" type comments where people are against something without any such good reason, but they are much less common.

Are these commenters part of the official SC staff?
    Only they should provide reasons why these QoL ideas would not be implemented.
    I couldn't disagree more. Thes forums are player discussion forums. They are here for the players to discuss the game, including any new ideas.

While SC do read the ideas forum, and take not of suggested ideas, they never respond here - and rightly so IMO, since if they started responding to any, there would be an incessant clamour for them to respond to everything, and 90%+ of suggestions are not new.

And finally I would like to see more feedback from SC on all these ideas including reasons as this would reduce the ongoing re-raise of ideas.
    The question really is what this "official forum" is intended for when we don't get an "official feedback".
    As I say above, it is a player discussion forum. Supercell pay to host it, and have some admin staff running it. The moderators (who do most of the day to day admin tasks too) are all player volunteers, not paid by SC
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    Shouldn’t this be under Forum Talk rather than I&FR. It’s talking about how we’re supposed to respond (or not respond) to repetitive ideas regurgitated in I&FR rather than being an in-game idea or feature itself.
    It probably should, and I have moved it there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

I completely agree with the soap moderator, this forum is a place where we can provide our opinions, whether you like them or not. These moderators do an AMAZING job at keeping the forum non-toxic (unlike SOME forums...), and you should be glad. From my experience, this is the best forum by far. It is simple, yet very fun with a great community. If the mods were the only ones who could say something is wrong with your idea, you may never fix it, and instead you will be stuck with the same responses. In fact, negative feedback actually helps people who want to post ideas post higher quality, original ideas, and helps people understand why their idea isn't perfect.

Forum Superstar
    SuperCell official feedback happens rarely, and it gets us excited, but the developers read but don’t post here. If they did, it would become a huge time sink for them. They need to do good things, not explain and argue not so good things.

The best feedback is when an idea or request raised later appears in an update. There are lots of examples.

Folks, don't get me wrong.

I fully support this forum as it in fact offers a great opportunity to the players to state their views and share ideas.

My only concern is that due to the fact that SC won't respond, all these posts and threads might not be so effective and efficient.
    If there would be more feedback available about all these ideas including reasonable explanations - especially when ideas have been raised over and over again - the amount of re-raises could be minimized and players would be happier as they could understand what SC thinks of their ideas.

Currently it is hard to determine whether an idea has been notified by the developers, if there is already some activity started on or if these ideas sit on the bench waiting to get implemented (or ruled out).