Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big issues finding new players for the clan

Big issues finding new players for the clan

Since the Devs have put global chat to bed and introduced the *glorious and competent* player-search feature, I have been struggling hard to find new players. Either we've got a handful players joinleaving the clan every day. Or when I am trying to find players after having selected the 3 labels, I am shown a long and full list of players already sitting in their clans ... Now whats the point in all of this ? The players popping in and out of our clan on their own never bother to tell us why they are leaving again so quickly and I reckon the players in their clans portrayed in the search list don't want to be stolen out of their current clans aswell. Would it be in any way possible to do something about this ? Maybe include a filter option in the search window to filter out the players who already are in a clan ? Or auto disable the "accept clan invites" button in every player profile as soon as the player joins a clan and as long as the player remains in the clan ? Because it just cant go on like this. Annoyingly I just keep running into depressing dead-ends whenever I want to do something in this game ...

Quote Originally Posted by TheHolyLight01 View Post
    Maybe include a filter option in the search window to filter out the players who already are in a clan ? Or auto disable the "accept clan invites" button in every player profile as soon as the player joins a clan and as long as the player remains in the clan ? Because it just cant go on like this. Annoyingly I just keep running into depressing dead-ends whenever I want to do something in this game ...
    I am in a clan but I'm keeping this option active because if I'll get invite from a better clan, I'll think about moving there. It's on active because I want to join a newly created clan. It's good that we can still receive invites even when being in a clan. Even if I a not in clan, I'll still reject the invite from a clan below Level 5. It doesn't mean the option is waste. This is just one example, there would be a lot of other players (I believe) who have kept the option active for their reasons. I don't know if it is possible but removing players with full inbox and inactive players would be a nice edition to the tool. There could be an option to look for players without clans, but the option for the player to receive invite while being in a clan shouldn't be removed.

I think ever since they implemented the clan levels it made making new clans excruciatingly harder. I tried multiple times after this update to make a new and it never worked. Before if you were in the crystal league and you made a clan all you had to do is go to global and say “Hey join here!” And everyone flowed in. The good old days I guess? But having it be impossible to start a new clan unless you have some friends to start it with us unreasonable in my opinion.
    I haven’t had your struggle with the making new clans and having no global chat as I have a permanent clan nowadays, but I agree that something should be done.
    I understand the issues with the global chat, but it was an amazing part of the game to just be able to talk to people all the time no matter what time of day. People could make clans together and merge clans together.
    Sure people fought, but it was entertaining for the rest of us while our troops trained.
    I dont know I’m rambling now.

Quote Originally Posted by darpan2704coc View Post
    I am in a clan but I'm keeping this option active because if I'll get invite from a better clan, I'll think about moving there. It's on active because I want to join a newly created clan. It's good that we can still receive invites even when being in a clan. Even if I a not in clan, I'll still reject the invite from a clan below Level 5. It doesn't mean the option is waste. This is just one example, there would be a lot of other players (I believe) who have kept the option active for their reasons. I don't know if it is possible but removing players with full inbox and inactive players would be a nice edition to the tool. There could be an option to look for players without clans, but the option for the player to receive invite while being in a clan shouldn't be removed.
    Okay I understand what you mean. But this option is turned on by default I guess. So players who have never left their main clan in the past 3 years are also shown in the list, since the new member-search-feature was introduced. Probably most of the people I am shown in the list don't even know that you can turn that option off.

But I would already be totally satisfied with the ability to filter out the clan-players via tick-box, when I am manually searching for new members.

Quote Originally Posted by Eld7 View Post
    I think ever since they implemented the clan levels it made making new clans excruciatingly harder. I tried multiple times after this update to make a new and it never worked. Before if you were in the crystal league and you made a clan all you had to do is go to global and say “Hey join here!” And everyone flowed in. The good old days I guess? But having it be impossible to start a new clan unless you have some friends to start it with us unreasonable in my opinion.
    I haven’t had your struggle with the making new clans and having no global chat as I have a permanent clan nowadays, but I agree that something should be done.
    I understand the issues with the global chat, but it was an amazing part of the game to just be able to talk to people all the time no matter what time of day. People could make clans together and merge clans together.
    Sure people fought, but it was entertaining for the rest of us while our troops trained.
    I dont know I’m rambling now.
    Damn, I did quit trying to make my own clans, when the third one I started eventually died in the process. Ever since I have been settling with the guys in my current clan, which I joined at level 10 about 2 years ago and we pushed it to level 13 by now, but if I can't get new players on board soon, it may end dramatically.

But I actually never knew it got so difficult to start from scratch, yet this game should emphasize especially that : Build your village, start your own Clan and fight against other Clans. But if you can't start your own Clan without having to ask a bunch of friends to help you increase the initial member count, then whats the point in all of this ? Not everyone has half a classroom of buddies to kickstart his clan ... and even if one does, it still may not work in the longrun, especially when you have to fish new players for your clan out of other clans, in the hope, of them accepting the invite ...

Quote Originally Posted by TheHolyLight01 View Post
    Damn, I did quit trying to make my own clans, when the third one I started eventually died in the process. Ever since I have been settling with the guys in my current clan, which I joined at level 10 about 2 years ago and we pushed it to level 13 by now, but if I can't get new players on board soon, it may end dramatically.

But I actually never knew it got so difficult to start from scratch, yet this game should emphasize especially that : Build your village, start your own Clan and fight against other Clans. But if you can't start your own Clan without having to ask a bunch of friends to help you increase the initial member count, then whats the point in all of this ? Not everyone has half a classroom of buddies to kickstart his clan ... and even if one does, it still may not work in the longrun, especially when you have to fish new players for your clan out of other clans, in the hope, of them accepting the invite ...
    Exactly. New clans are the heart and soul of this game. People don’t come to clash to just be an elder in someone else’s clan. They come to be the leader. But this is nothing more than a fantasy nowadays if your looking to have a clan with more than 3 people.

Centennial Club
    My mate started a new clan and I joined to support. We are level 2 going to level 3. Only reason we are sustaining is due to very generous and very high level donations.

It has become a lot of work, sometimes make me wonder if all the recruitment, donations and guidance is worth it. Th8 are sometimes acting like God's gift to the clan.

There should be a loyalty gift for members who finish say six months or a year in a clan.

Forum Superstar
    I have never had good results from “recruitment”, including forum advertisements. They may stay months, but are never really loyal. What works is relying on real world recruitment at low levels, and make the new kids welcome, watch them grew and become loyal. Real world friends of existing members make the best new members. Let them apply to join.

Recruiting a high level account means you are selecting for an unhappy account, or they wouldn’t be leaving their old clan. Promoting a recruited account upsets the prior members. It says you don’t have loyalty to them. So they don’t have loyalty to you. They will soon guess that they are better off with their friends.

Well my clan has just exhausted everyone's old mini accounts to keep us full. So once another quits it will be 40 wars. Most that have quit, that have actually commented, miss global. Even with a full clan there are times when nobody is on to chat. I drop one of my accounts out to recruit about once a week but get nobody. I have quit choosing all three labels. I choose just one and get at least more that are not in clans. I invite players I wouldn't even give the time of day on global. I have invited players with high THs with virtually no donations. But it doesn't matter as nobody joins. Guess we are waiting on some computer to learn something. Don't have a clue what it's going to learn from inviting all the junk!

I'm not holding out any hope of anything getting done in at least a couple years. Look how long it took to address engineered bases.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMotator View Post
    Well my clan has just exhausted everyone's old mini accounts to keep us full. So once another quits it will be 40 wars. Most that have quit, that have actually commented, miss global. Even with a full clan there are times when nobody is on to chat. I drop one of my accounts out to recruit about once a week but get nobody. I have quit choosing all three labels. I choose just one and get at least more that are not in clans. I invite players I wouldn't even give the time of day on global. I have invited players with high THs with virtually no donations. But it doesn't matter as nobody joins. Guess we are waiting on some computer to learn something. Don't have a clue what it's going to learn from inviting all the junk!

I'm not holding out any hope of anything getting done in at least a couple years. Look how long it took to address engineered bases.
    > just exhausted everyone's old mini accounts to keep us full.

I once took a middling account on an adventure to experience different clans. One of the leading mistakes I saw was the clan populated with multiple accounts belonging to a few long term members. This kills any hope of a feeling of welcome for the new member. The chat is scant, and what there is is very hard to follow. It is a reason to leave a clan.

I have set a limit of two accounts per person in my clan, and I find it is very successful. A warm friendly welcoming clan needs many voices in the chat.
    Last edited by George1971; February 18th, 2020 at 01:49 AM.