Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Some help please!

  1. #11
    Forum Veteran Maestro666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,549
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post
    IMHO, Titans is terrible because of the clouds. The upcoming Clan Games will make it even worse. Better to hang low and avoid the pain.
    Not only that after the recent changes, you have only one hour guard in Titan- same as Champs. So being in Titan is not as good as before.

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    Yuck! Barching and farming troops.

    There comes a time in a clashers life that he really needs to leave the kiddy pool and swim with the sharks.
    TH12 is in the same spot where TH11 was when TH12 was the highest TH and where TH10 was when TH11 was the highest and so on...
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefistace01 View Post
    Climb to legends league.
    Why?
    - internet war bases for war practice.
    - no next-ing.
    - no clouds.
    - great loot and bonus.
    - no losing loot on defense.
    - 8 attacks in 24 hours at your convenience, no need to worry about shield/guard timings.
    Good points. You guys have made really good points and I think it is time I go to Legends. Although I think townhall 13s will probably just rekt me again and again, all i have to do is do 8 attacks a day and get a 2 stars minimum!

  3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #13
    Kaptain Kat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    On vacation!
    Posts
    11,536
    Quote Originally Posted by Sycentis View Post
    Good points. You guys have made really good points and I think it is time I go to Legends. Although I think townhall 13s will probably just rekt me again and again, all i have to do is do 8 attacks a day and get a 2 stars minimum!
    Legends may be a bit too challenging especially with all the hero work and having them not available to attack.
    Anywhere in Titan 3 up to low Titan 2 should be very viable. low Titan 2 because clouds are manageable, although they get a bit bad when CG starts but it wonít last that long, besides when you have a bit of clouds your heroes heal and army cooks.

    With the league bonus you can basically attack with any army of your choosing. Itís quite fun to mix it up like that.
    And if you need lots of DE you can use a bit more elixir heavier armies and if you need lots of elixir use some more DE troops.
    E drags, drag loon, dragons, miners or any QW followed by a variety of armies when you need DE etc.
    bowler, witches, valks, hogs etc etc or combos when you need more elixir.
    For example a QW with letís say 10-12 giants, wizards, a pekka or 2 and maybe a few bowlers etc keeps the cost reasonable enough in those leagues. So many options!
    Make use of events and event troops at a discount for cheap armies.

    Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

    Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

  4. #14
    Go to the legends league! Iím almost max TH13. You will have free time for real life.

  5. #15
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,348
    It all depends on how you attack. If you Barch (people still do this past TH11???)...then stay low to mid. If you use a balanced sudo war army...go mid-high. If you use pure DE army or a true war army...go low Titan or legend.

    Legend is the best for loot....period. However, it can be much for anyone that only attacks a few times a day. I was getting away with getting into legends and then dropping down to 49xx...using only 4 attacks. Was really nice...but then the end of season hit and I started getting hit 8 times a day (3 times one day right before time expired on one day...causing me to finish below 4900). I'll go back up at somepoint...but for now 2-3 attacks per day is nice.

  6. #16
    Senior Member Gorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia area
    Posts
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    Yuck! Barching and farming troops. There comes a time in a clashers life that he really needs to leave the kiddy pool and swim with the sharks.
    Probably true but sometimes circumstances require “Back to Basics” strategies to meet goals. My 4 yr old engineered TH11 (no EA, no IT’s & only 3 Xbows) has max troops, max Defenses that were placed and heroes QL45,KL36 & GWL20. He’s a CW advantage I have a lot fun playing and dont put down enuf for hero upgrades. Problem is my engineered 10 is ready to move up to 11 once his heroes/walls are done. The TH11 has 120 L10 walls left, and an additional 180 L11 walls I’d like to grind a bit before he moves out of the basement & off to the real world of TH12. Been spamming goblins just to get those done - they are still the best ROI troops for gold/pink farming. It’s kind of like playing with the old toys before you put them on EBay!
    Last edited by Gorf; February 17th, 2020 at 03:42 PM.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorf View Post
    Probably true but sometimes circumstances require “Back to Basics” strategies to meet goals. My 4 yr old engineered TH11 (no EA, no IT’s & only 3 Xbows) has max troops, max Defenses that were placed and heroes QL45,KL36 & GWL20. He’s a CW advantage I have a lot fun playing and dont put down enuf for hero upgrades. Problem is my engineered 10 is ready to move up to 11 once his heroes/walls are done. The TH11 has 120 L10 walls left, and an additional 180 L11 walls I’d like to grind a bit before he moves out of the basement & off to the real world of TH12. Been spamming goblins just to get those done - they are still the best ROI troops for gold/pink farming. It’s kind of like playing with the old toys before you put them on EBay!
    Another reason not to "engineer" 🤔🤔🤔🤔

  8. #18
    Forum Veteran Sandy2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    TheCrimsonKeep
    Posts
    1,773
    I'm making a fortune at th12 floating around high Crystal and low Masters leagues, hitting mostly dead bases. Using mass dragons, heroes usually upgrading, loon cc (only used when the base IS REALLY sweet), and all lightning spells (for zapping full drills, 5400 de per 6 spells). Don't need to worry about winning every attack. I've heard others do similar things with miners, but mine aren't maxed for th12 yet, and I've never gotten used to using them anyhow.

    Typical attacks from this morning:



    I was gibarching in Silver and Gold for ages, but am so glad I switched to this. It's quick, easy, only requires a few mins of nexting per attack. Much easier on my schedule.

    Sandy
    Last edited by Sandy2; February 18th, 2020 at 02:52 PM.
    TheCrimsonKeep (#JQVJVUR): Serious war clan. th10+. Adults, supportive and friendly. Always improving.
    TheCrimsonKeep2 (#GVVU90VU): Casual war clan. Balanced th7+. Takes a day off between wars.
    TheCrimsonGate (#8J9QVPRCQ): Feeder to TCK and TCK2. Recruiting th7+. Learn the ropes.

  9. #19
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    146
    I agree with Sandy although I stay above Crystal, Usually Masters 2. I go the miners route.

    miners.JPG

  10. #20
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,380
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    Yuck! Barching and farming troops.



    There comes a time in a clashers life that he really needs to leave the kiddy pool and swim with the sharks.
    TH12 is in the same spot where TH11 was when TH12 was the highest TH and where TH10 was when TH11 was the highest and so on...
    I could not agree more!
    FWIW I used to be an avid Mass-Archer fanboy, but so many buffs to defs made this army only relegated to farm low leagues and weak bases (or Zombies). but soon after they changed to the "Damage based profit" i converted to a beefier army to get more percent on the base and claim more of the league bonus with each attack. this quite naturally made my trophy count rise resulting from many 2-to-3 star wins and I rose in leagues rappidly once I settled on an army.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    Legends may be a bit too challenging especially with all the hero work and having them not available to attack.
    Anywhere in Titan 3 up to low Titan 2 should be very viable. low Titan 2 because clouds are manageable, although they get a bit bad when CG starts but it wonít last that long, besides when you have a bit of clouds your heroes heal and army cooks.

    With the league bonus you can basically attack with any army of your choosing. Itís quite fun to mix it up like that.
    And if you need lots of DE you can use a bit more elixir heavier armies and if you need lots of elixir use some more DE troops.
    E drags, drag loon, dragons, miners or any QW followed by a variety of armies when you need DE etc.
    bowler, witches, valks, hogs etc etc or combos when you need more elixir.
    For example a QW with letís say 10-12 giants, wizards, a pekka or 2 and maybe a few bowlers etc keeps the cost reasonable enough in those leagues. So many options!
    Make use of events and event troops at a discount for cheap armies.
    This is my current line of thinking. why box myself into "efficient" but weak armies that require a ton of nexting and more importantly FARM-TIME for that 'one base' when I can cook something heavier and get MORE loot -through bonuses- with fewer screen time in game; because the league bonus either completely covers my army cost if not 85-90% of the cost. (which still is a win IMO)

    I also like to use the troops that I deem the most fun. (Hogs/Witches) so climbing in the leagues helps suppliment my Heavy-Dark army costs and I can still make profit(s) even though I am using a Dark heavy army to farm.

    I love Leggy's set up and perks, but cant get 8 attacks a day consistently enough to stay on my sched. so Titan 1 it is...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •