Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Trophy rewards based partially on Town Hall level

Fresh Spawn

Trophy rewards based partially on Town Hall level

The current model of trophies needs to be revamped with consideration given not only to league position but also to TH level. For example, a town hall 11 in Titan1 is almost always only given 12ís and 13ís to hit. Based on skill a 2 star result in these cases is very good but results in few trophies won. Conversely, a TH13 with maxed troops and heroes, hitting down a level or two, results in a high trophy reward but shows little in the way of skill.
    Leagues can be opened up to solve the cloud issue as well. For example, TH 11 in Titan 1 hits TH 11 in crystal or master for reduced trophies, or TH 12 or 13 in Titan leagues for higher trophy haul based on result.

Quote Originally Posted by MagC23 View Post
    ..... For example, a town hall 11 in Titan1 is almost always only given 12’s and 13’s to hit. Based on skill a 2 star result in these cases is very good but results in few trophies won. Conversely, a TH13 with maxed troops and heroes, hitting down a level or two, results in a high trophy reward but shows little in the way of skill.
    Incorrect. Amount of trophies gained or loss only depends upon the trophy differential between the attacker, and the defender. If a TH 11 is gets lucky and is given any base, at any TH level, which is at, or above their own trophy level, they will have a larger trophy gain. Get any base at a significantly lower trophy level, then yes, far fewer trophies gained.

Strongly disagree that TH level alone is an indicator of strength, and surely not "skill". I would expect an offensively well developed TH 11 for example to easily crush a rushed, weak defense, TH 12, and even a weaker TH 13.
    Last edited by rowman; February 16th, 2020 at 07:36 PM.

Everyone says the amount of trophies won/lost is based on the difference in troohies between the attacker and defender, but I really don't see how.
    Long time ago my main at th11 (when th11 was max level) was in champs 3 and I got attacked by someone in titans 3.
    Yes, they were in titans 3 at the time of said attack.
    Yet, the trophy difference between champs 3 and titans 3 is roughly 900 trophies. The attacker did not have 900 trophies available to gain/lose.

But you'd come back with, "Well, there are caps put in place to keep people from abusing the system."

But then, it is not based solely on trophy difference, as other factors are taken into consideration (abuse of the system being one such factor, among others).

Also, if it really is based on trophy difference then why are the number of trophies to gain always different than the number to lose?
    Shouldn't they be the same if it is solely based on trophy difference between attacker and defender?
    This is why there are people confused about the trophy system b/c so many people say, "based solely on troohy difference," when the reality is not that.
    Last edited by joemann8478; February 16th, 2020 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joemann8478 View Post

Also, if it really is based on trophy difference then why are the number of trophies to gain always different than the number to lose?
    Shouldn't they be the same if it is solely based on trophy difference between attacker and defender?
    This is why there are people confused about the trophy system b/c so many people say, "based solely on troohy difference," when the reality is not that.
    Because it is a pyryamidal hierarchy forms at the upper trophy ranges (population thins as trophies increase) and players tend to attack more times per day than defend.

You search for a base. Since there are more bases below you there is a greater probability that one of them will be the one that you are matched to. Sometimes people get lucky, matched to a player above them. Does that mean they always get a good match? Heavens no! Just like you, most matches are to bases below them.

As far as having been matched with a 900 trophy differential, I strongly suspect it was not "matched" but most likely a Revenge Attack. If you are like most players, your Defend Log goes back much further than your Attack Log, since as noted above, many do many more attacks per day than defends. You attack me. Six days later you are still on my Defend Log, but your Attack on your own log is gone. I then Revenge you! Unless you have perfect infallible memory of every player you attacked the last week, you have no clue nor indication that it was a Revenge.
    Last edited by rowman; February 17th, 2020 at 07:36 PM.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by joemann8478 View Post
    Everyone says the amount of trophies won/lost is based on the difference in troohies between the attacker and defender, but I really don't see how.
    Long time ago my main at th11 (when th11 was max level) was in champs 3 and I got attacked by someone in titans 3.
    Yes, they were in titans 3 at the time of said attack.
    Yet, the trophy difference between champs 3 and titans 3 is roughly 900 trophies. The attacker did not have 900 trophies available to gain/lose.
    Based on the trophy difference doesn't mean equal the trophy difference.

The trophies available to gain or lose are explained inthis post,

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...t=trophy+chart

with some later modifications as explained here

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-Trophy-Offers

The reality is exactly that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Ajax, 1st, you can't really argue against mine or anyone elses' experiences so don't bother even trying.

2nd, math is not my best subject so I'm not even going to pretend to understand the first link b/c I really suck at math beyond the basic levels.

3rd and last, I know SC designed the trophy system the way they designed it, despite me not understanding every facet of it. I do trust it is working the way they designed it even though I don't agree with their design.
    There are simpler ways to determine trophies, but b/c their system is based on a pyramid style/scheme, it becomes more complicated.
    And the fact SC doesn't want people to gain or lise trophies too fast at certain levels.
    Ever try dropping down to bronze 3? You get to a point where the most trophies you can lose is 1.
    At the lower end: easier/faster to gain trophies but harder/longer to lose them.
    At the higher end (excluding legends): harder/longer to gain trophies, but easier/faster to lose them.
    Somewhere in the middle: no man's land, not too hard/long nor too easy/fast to lose or gain trophies.

Again, I don't agree with such a system, but that's what SC decided to do and I trust it wirks the way SC wants it to.

Centennial Club
    The current trophy system in all its simplicity already sorts bases implicitly by TH among other things.

Other factors that play in are obviously attack/defense ratio, offense/defense levels etc.

Imagine for example a player A with a maxed TH12 and a player B with a maxed TH13. Let's say both start out at the same trophies and both have the same a/d and o/d ratios. What happens initially is that their trophy gains will average to about the same, because their average % destroyed will be more or less the same.

Player B obviously has the stronger offense meaning he'll be able to keep up the average destruction against much harder opponents, while also losing about the same to defense. Player A however will have a falling average destruction when facing harder opponents and losing more to defenses. Hence player B will be able to keep up an average trophy gain much further up in trophy leagues compared to player A.

Under the above scenario you will on average see TH13s in top leagues, followed by TH12s and so forth down in leagues.

Fresh Spawn
    My question in posting this really, is why, as a TH11 in Titan 1, can a TH13 with maxed troops and heroes and a Legend badge, attack and obviously destroy my base and gain 35 trophies? (Iíve lost as high as 46 to a 13) Supercell support tells me itís because Iím not ďfully competitiveĒ at TH11. (Apparently I wonít be until Iím a TH13). That player could have closed their eyes and touched the screen and destroyed my base...very little to do with attack skill. And yet, Iím matched up with 12ís and 13ís all day long with 6 or 7 trophies on offer. Iím pretty good but I canít 3 star a TH13. So the most I get is 3/4 trophies. It takes me 10 attacks to break even for what I lose in one Defense. Now, Iíve heard tons of players complaining about the clouds, and I myself have spent hours in them waiting for a match. What Iím saying is...yes, thereís not a lot of 11ís in Titan, but open it up and give me 11ís from Masters or Champion. Sure, lower my trophy haul and loot from players in lowers leagues, Iím ok with that. But this current system is ridiculous in my opinion.

I don't think allowing players to attack a peer town hall from a far lower level should be considered- they are going low because they don't want to be attacked/shielded. If you are going high, then you should be prepared to face stronger bases. Why drag players from lower leagues to your matches to compensate for that? Let them face opponents close to their trophy count.
    The matchmaker simply doesn't take into account the th level after Champs and just matches you to players in a similar trophy range.
    Once you start climbing up, you will start finding lesser peer town halls because there are lesser numbers of them. This makes pushing difficult for lower halls.

If the system you mentioned was implemented, it would basically mean you can go all the way up by attacking just other 11s from lower leagues. That's a mismatch as far as the present system is considered. Otherwise the whole system has to change- which is mostly fine the way it is in my opinion.

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro666 View Post
    I don't think allowing players to attack a peer town hall from a far lower level should be considered- they are going low because they don't want to be attacked/shielded. If you are going high, then you should be prepared to face stronger bases. Why drag players from lower leagues to your matches to compensate for that? Let them face opponents close to their trophy count.
    The matchmaker simply doesn't take into account the th level after Champs and just matches you to players in a similar trophy range.
    Once you start climbing up, you will start finding lesser peer town halls because there are lesser numbers of them. This makes pushing difficult for lower halls.

If the system you mentioned was implemented, it would basically mean you can go all the way up by attacking just other 11s from lower leagues. That's a mismatch as far as the present system is considered. Otherwise the whole system has to change- which is mostly fine the way it is in my opinion.
    Let me guess...youíre a TH13 😂