Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Trophy rewards based partially on Town Hall level

Quote Originally Posted by MagC23 View Post
    Let me guess...you’re a TH13 😂
    My main account is a th12 in Titan 3. You seem to have not given due thought about how this will affect the overall system while formulating a method which will make it easy for you to trophy push. Would you have liked it if other 11s from Titan kept on attacking you while in Master League? Climbing from lower leagues won't be easy in that scenario. You should try to see the whole picture, and not just a part of it.

Fresh Spawn
    I actually have given it a tremendous amount of thought, which is precisely the reason I posted about it. When I was in Masters as a new TH11, I would have been completely fine with a TH11 from Titan attacking me...perhaps for fewer trophies...say 7-10...than said attacker would get from attacking a defensively stronger TH11 in Titan...for say 25-35.
    My real issue is the ridiculousness of a TH13 with maxed troops and heroes, who, if they can’t 3 star my base should be playing Words With Friends, getting 30-45 trophies from my base. If you can tell me why, in a reasonable system, a player with a Legends badge is hitting me up for 35 trophies, I’ll stop questioning the system and go back to knitting.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by joemann8478 View Post
    Ajax, 1st, you can't really argue against mine or anyone elses' experiences so don't bother even trying.
    I wasn't arguing against your experience.

I was arguing against your interpretation of that experience as meaning trophies available are not based on difference.

2nd, math is not my best subject so I'm not even going to pretend to understand the first link b/c I really suck at math beyond the basic levels.
    You don't need maths to see what the table shows. The table in that link shows exactly how many trophies are on offer at any given difference.

3rd and last, I know SC designed the trophy system the way they designed it, despite me not understanding every facet of it. I do trust it is working the way they designed it even though I don't agree with their design.
    There are simpler ways to determine trophies, but b/c their system is based on a pyramid style/scheme, it becomes more complicated.
    It isn't, and doesn't.

It really is very simple.

And the fact SC doesn't want people to gain or lise trophies too fast at certain levels.
    Ever try dropping down to bronze 3? You get to a point where the most trophies you can lose is 1.
    That is because every base you see at that point is much higher than you in trophies.

At the lower end: easier/faster to gain trophies but harder/longer to lose them.
    At the higher end (excluding legends): harder/longer to gain trophies, but easier/faster to lose them.
    Again, at the higher end, almost everybody you see is much lower than you.

Somewhere in the middle: no man's land, not too hard/long nor too easy/fast to lose or gain trophies.

Again, I don't agree with such a system, but that's what SC decided to do and I trust it wirks the way SC wants it to.
    The numbers high and low are an inevitable result of matching people closish to you in trophies, while the award is based only on difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Fresh Spawn
    Th11 in Titan1 with 4780 trophies gets attacked by a TH13, also in Titan1 who has 4643 trophies. Of course he wipes my base with his maxed troops and heroes, not because my base is not defensively good, but because HIS TROOPS AND HEROES ARE 2 LEVELS HIGHER THAN MY DEFENSE IS DESIGNED (by Supercell) TO DEFEND AGAINST. And his reward is 35 trophy’s. I did 2 attacks this morning, both against TH13’s, both 2 stars (good result for attacking 2 TH levels up) for a total of 26 trophy’s. So I’m -11 on the day and not because I’m not competitive, but because after sitting in the clouds forever, the bases I’m offered have a) Lousy trophy’s on offer, and b) I’m slaughtered by a player 2 TH’s higher than me.
    Why do I play this game?
    Last edited by Ajax; February 17th, 2020 at 06:10 PM.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #15
    I actually have given it a tremendous amount of thought, which is precisely the reason I posted about it. When I was in Masters as a new TH11, I would have been completely fine with a TH11 from Titan attacking me...perhaps for fewer trophies...say 7-10...than said attacker would get from attacking a defensively stronger TH11 in Titan...for say 25-35.
    My real issue is the ridiculousness of a TH13 with maxed troops and heroes, who, if they can’t 3 star my base should be playing Words With Friends, getting 30-45 trophies from my base. If you can tell me why, in a reasonable system, a player with a Legends badge is hitting me up for 35 trophies, I’ll stop questioning the system and go back to knitting.
    It is quite simple. At the time he hit you, he had between 59 and 70 trophies fewer than you did.

The fact he had a legends badge is completely irrelevant. He only had that becagse he had reached 5000 trophies, but then took defences to drop trophies before actually entering legends league. If he was actually in legends league, then he could only attack others in legends.

You had at least 4960 trophies before he hit you, while he had 4901 or more, but still at least 59 fewer than you.
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    My stats (main account)

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    It is quite simple. At the time he hit you, he had between 59 and 70 trophies fewer than you did.

The fact he had a legends badge is completely irrelevant. He only had that becagse he had reached 5000 trophies, but then took defences to drop trophies before actually entering legends league. If he was actually in legends league, then he could only attack others in legends.

You had at least 4960 trophies before he hit you, while he had 4901 or more, but still at least 59 fewer than you.
    My all time best is 4922...I think the math is off. And regardless, a TH13 shouldn’t be getting high rewards for smacking down a TH11. Period.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #17
    Th11 in Titan1 with 4780 trophies gets attacked by a TH13, also in Titan1 who has 4643 trophies. Of course he wipes my base with his maxed troops and heroes, not because my base is not defensively good, but because HIS TROOPS AND HEROES ARE 2 LEVELS HIGHER THAN MY DEFENSE IS DESIGNED (by Supercell) TO DEFEND AGAINST. And his reward is 35 trophy’s. I did 2 attacks this morning, both against TH13’s, both 2 stars (good result for attacking 2 TH levels up) for a total of 26 trophy’s. So I’m -11 on the day and not because I’m not competitive, but because after sitting in the clouds forever, the bases I’m offered have a) Lousy trophy’s on offer, and b) I’m slaughtered by a player 2 TH’s higher than me.
    Why do I play this game?
    Presumably, because you enjoy it

TBH, a TH11 trying to trophy push in high titans is always going to struggle, and most people would say that should be the case, given there are two higher TH levels.
    My stats (main account)

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Presumably, because you enjoy it

TBH, a TH11 trying to trophy push in high titans is always going to struggle, and most people would say that should be the case, given there are two higher TH levels.
    Not enjoying it anymore. Working my butt off, hours in the clouds to scrape a handful of trophies off high bases, only to get raped every 12-14 hours. Surprisingly robs one of their joy of the game. “Most people” must be the 12’s and 13’s that jump for joy when they get matched with my base for a massive trophy haul and sweet loot...and not because they’re any good...but because they can touch the screen. They’ll jump even higher at a dead 11 👋👋👋

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #19
    Not enjoying it anymore. Working my butt off, hours in the clouds to scrape a handful of trophies off high bases, only to get raped every 12-14 hours. Surprisingly robs one of their joy of the game. “Most people” must be the 12’s and 13’s that jump for joy when they get matched with my base for a massive trophy haul and sweet loot...and not because they’re any good...but because they can touch the screen. They’ll jump even higher at a dead 11 ������
    No "most people" is, I believe, most people. And most TH12 & 13 I know don't particularly jump for joy when presented with a TH11 - apart from anything else, it will rarely have enough loot.

TH11 is two levels below the max. It should be hard for such a base to get to Legends - which is what trophy pushing in Titans 1 is inevitably aiming for.

It can be done, but TBH is not worthwhile for most people, because it is a lot of effort for no real reward other than fleeting kudos.

If you do make it to Legends, it will be even worse though. You will be unlikely to last more than a day or two there, because trophies work completely differently, and you will be losing 40 most defences, while only gaining 10-15 most times.

The game is just not designed for lower townhalls to be able to reasonaby get to the top leagues.
    My stats (main account)