Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan ability to ban accounts

Fresh Spawn

Clan ability to ban accounts

Currently, a clan possesses the ability to kick out a member for a variety of reasons. While this is hopefully done for good cause, and as silly as it may sound, it is not always effective. Some players just live to make things difficult. Traditionally, players looking to cause trouble can just make multiple accounts and try to get them back into the clan. There’s not much that can be done about this. But some players just attempt to rename their account, and reapply, starting the cycle all over.
    My suggestion is that once a clan kicks a player, they have the ability to “ban” or tag that account, in such a way so as to ensure that should it ever request to return, the leadership will be able to recognize who it is. This is not intended to be a public tag, nor intended to make it difficult for the kicked player to get into another clan. Merely a tool used to ensure that an account that is being used poorly can not be renamed and used over and over again to cause trouble for the same clan.

Forum Champion
    If someone is that persistent, what would prevent them starting a new account or using a mini to rejoin your clan? Why not set your clan to “invite only?”

Invite only doesn't always work. In a clan that has great communication sure. But in a clan with elders that just add people or invite people that doesn't fix the issue. We've had people we had to demote because they were an elder who though they could invite whomever they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Frooger View Post
    Invite only doesn't always work. In a clan that has great communication sure. But in a clan with elders that just add people or invite people that doesn't fix the issue. We've had people we had to demote because they were an elder who though they could invite whomever they want.
    demote all of them ?

- Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown
    - Some would question if the risk was worth it. The Rest were already dead.
    - OK BOOMER ------------------ 小舟從此逝 江海寄餘生
    - Victory goes not to the able, but to the ambitious.

Fresh Spawn
    If someone pays 500 gems just to change his name so he can re-join my clan to fuc♥ a minute around, I’d give him an extra minute and then kick him
    Last edited by JustMe77; February 16th, 2020 at 11:32 AM.

As silly as you guys may think this sounds, ive had similar struggles in the past. Especially when making a new clan when you want everyone to join so ‘invite only’ would hinder your progress with this clan. If you could at least just ban the account your kicking then it could help them from coming back later on and performing the same tricks.
    As it goes for the renaming and making minis, That’s a whole different issue. I think only the first part should be implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Eld7 View Post
    As silly as you guys may think this sounds, ive had similar struggles in the past. Especially when making a new clan when you want everyone to join so ‘invite only’ would hinder your progress with this clan. If you could at least just ban the account your kicking then it could help them from coming back later on and performing the same tricks.
    As it goes for the renaming and making minis, That’s a whole different issue. I think only the first part should be implemented.

I think,just kick them all

Quote Originally Posted by AndikaCorporation View Post
    I think,just kick them all
    Well that’s not all that helpful if you want to make a successful clan.

Yes, ban accounts for clans

I have a clan and every time I kick they come back a week later and cause more trouble and I just want to ban them, so they don’t cause trouble for my clan again

Forum Superstar
    I really think blacklisting a player from the clan is a good idea.

I experienced teenagers stalking and abusing other teenagers, and it was distressing to not be able to do anything useful. We were "invite only", and after we learned to not accept them, they would post screeds in the join application text. It only came to end for me when the targeted victims left my clan.