Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: 2020 World Championship - Question about rules

2020 World Championship - Question about rules

After reading carefully all the official information I still have some questions about the rules for the World Championship:

In the Rulebook (https://cdn.eslgaming.com/misc/media...p_Rulebook.pdf) it written that once a clan has qualified for the world finals, they can't continue playing in the Supercell CWL Champion 1 with any of his account (1.9, page 3).

Question n1: So if the 5 members of that clan who won the Offline Qualifier want to play for fun/training/farm medals/... during the following Supercell CWL, they are allowed to do so but ONLY in clans that are NOT in Champion 1. Is that correct?

Question n2: Does it means that the particular clan in which these 5 members qualified during the Supercell CWL (identified by its clantag) cannot do Supercell CWL until after the world finals ? (as the clan will obviously still be in Champion 1)

Exemple to illustrate Question n1 and n2:
    Clan ABC wins the Supercell CWL of February, they are qualified for the Offline qualifier of March. The clan ABC sends 5 of his players to the Offline qualifier. They win the Offline qualifier. From that moment Clan ABC is not allowed anymore to do the following Supercell CWL in Champion 1. If the members of clan ABC wants to do the following Supercell CWL, they have to go in a clan in Champion 2 or lower.

On a different issue:

Question n3: As the Offline Qualifiers are now taking place at the end of the following month (and not current month like previously), at the time of the following Supercell CWL and ESL Online Qualifiers, we still don't know which of the selected team will win the Offline Qualifier, therefore these teams selected for the next Offline qualifier can still do both the Supercell CWL (in Champion 1) and ESL Qualifier of the following month. Is that correct?

Answer by ESL staff: Correct.

Question n4: But, in the case a team would qualify again for the Offline Qualifier and then win the Offline qualifier they were previously qualified for, their spot is given to the following clan. Is that correct?

Answer by ESL staff: Correct.

Exemple to illustrate Question n3 and n4:
    Clan ABC wins the Supercell CWL of February, they are qualified for the Offline qualifier of March (25th - 29th of March). When the Supercell CWL takes places at the beginning of March we don't know if clan ABC will win or not the Offline qualifier at the end March, therefore they are still allowed to take participate to it in Champion 1. The clan is also allowed to participate to the ESL Online Qualifier of March (as it takes place between the 13th and 15th of March). Clan ABC wins one or both of the Online Qualifier of March and then also the Offline Qualifier at the end of March. In that case the spot for April Offline Qualifier won by clan ABC is given to the next clan.

Question n5: Are ban sanctions retroactive once a clan is qualified for the following Offline qualifier?

Answer by ESL staff for ESL Online Qualifier: Teams that have less than 3 out of 5 players banned can replace the banned players by new one to go to Katowice.

Answer by Supercell for CWL Online Qualifier: Unknown.

An official confirmation on these questions would be appreciate as I could not find a clear answer. Thanks!
    Last edited by Sakat; 20 Hours Ago at 12:42 PM.
    Wanna see your clan performances during CWL? Easily grab stats with SCS !
    ===>More info on the official thread <===

Pro Member
    You should try to open a ticket in the ESL website for those question or ask them in the ESL discord

Quote Originally Posted by iRvN View Post
    You should try to open a ticket in the ESL website for those question or ask them in the ESL discord
    Already done but still unclear about these three. Actually I had much more questions and they were able to answer most of them. Just these few are left. I'm asking here as it is more related to CWL and so Supercell, than ESL.

Q1 : They could play farm and hang in a champ 1 clan no worries.
    Q2 : The clan may participate in next champ 1 CWL, just the five players that qualified for worlds (that actually won the qualifiers) may not participate in any cwl champ 1
    Q3 : I guess ESL / SC have a plan for that one. Since they havent qualified yet, i guess March CWL is a GO for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaBottle View Post
    Q1 : They could play farm and hang in a champ 1 clan no worries.
    Q2 : The clan may participate in next champ 1 CWL, just the five players that qualified for worlds (that actually won the qualifiers) may not participate in any cwl champ 1
    Q3 : I guess ESL / SC have a plan for that one. Since they havent qualified yet, i guess March CWL is a GO for everyone.

Thanks for the answer!
    Actually for Q1 I meant during the CWL, not just normal farming/wars, ... I edited my post so it's clearer. But are you sure for Q2? Because in the Rulesbook.pdf it is written:
    "If a clan has already qualified for the world finals, they can't try to qualify again. This means that the clan in question can't continue playing in the ESL online pre-qualifiers or the ingame Clan War Leagues Champion 1 with any of their accounts".

Quote Originally Posted by Sakat View Post
    Thanks for the answer!
    Actually for Q1 I meant during the CWL, not just normal farming/wars, ... I edited my post so it's clearer. But are you sure for Q2? Because in the Rulesbook.pdf it is written:
    "If a clan has already qualified for the world finals, they can't try to qualify again. This means that the clan in question can't continue playing in the ESL online pre-qualifiers or the ingame Clan War Leagues Champion 1 with any of their accounts".
    I didn't really follow it last year nor do I now but didn't one of the top/pro clans have 2 teams qualified last year (or tried to do so)? I vaguely recall a controversy about there being 2 teams from 1 clan. I think when there was the wildcard voting, you could vote for some clan that had already a team qualified. So maybe this is a rule change compared to last year to prevent that?
    On the other hand, there isn't really anything that prevents players from just joining another clan and qualifying there so this rule seems a bit pointless
    Last edited by OutOfIdeas; February 18th, 2020 at 12:26 AM. Reason: removed name of the clan
    Thank you very much to TerMinus Prime for this beautiful signature!

I play Hay Day and Clash of Clans.
    (English is not my first language. I'm sorry for any mistakes.)

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by OutOfIdeas View Post
    I didn't really follow it last year nor do I now but didn't one of the top/pro clans have 2 teams qualified last year (or tried to do so)? I vaguely recall a controversy about there being 2 teams from 1 clan. I think when there was the wildcard voting, you could vote for some clan that had already a team qualified. So maybe this is a rule change compared to last year to prevent that?
    On the other hand, there isn't really anything that prevents players from just joining another clan and qualifying there so this rule seems a bit pointless
    I think the rule is basically intended to mean that once you have qualified with one clan, you must play with that clan, and cannot qualify again with another (or help another to qualify).
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I think the rule is basically intended to mean that once you have qualified with one clan, you must play with that clan, and cannot qualify again with another (or help another to qualify).
    As a player yes, I got the confirmation by the staff of ESL. But I'm asking about the "clan" to which the PDF is talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by OutOfIdeas View Post
    The 5 players who win the offline qualifiers in Poland are not allowed anymore to play both do CWL in a Champion 1 clan or to participate to any of the ESL qualifiers left. But as state previously, I wonder about the "clan" (refered to in the PDF), as CWL is played not with only 5 players but at least 15. How I understand the PDF is that once a clan had 5 of his players qualified for the world finals, that* clan is not allowed to take part to the next CWL in Champion 1. But the clan members are free to join another clan that is in Champion 2 or lower. That's what I'd like to get confirmed. It would be surprising that nobody has this information, as we are talking about a 1 mio USD competition.

*Edit: By "that clan" I refer to the clan through which the 5 players made it to the offline qualifiers during the CWL.
    Last edited by Sakat; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakat View Post
    Thanks for the answer!
    are you sure for Q2? Because in the Rulesbook.pdf it is written:
    No, I am not sure.

You know how vague ESL / Sc can be on those subjects
    I really think their definition of Clan is the 5 that are qualified, not the in game clan of up to 50 people we use.

Last year, Dark Looters qualified thru sCWL and won March qualifiers. (naming themselves Tribe gaming with sponsorship)
    The five players did not compete in that clan for the rest of the sCWL champ 1 qualifying process.
    But the other players did play in champ 1 sCWL and qualified for april's Katowice event.

I am not sure it was controversy, but Dark looters qualified in sCWL and Dark Unicors within ESL qualifiers. 10 players from same in game regroupment. (15 counting the 5 that were already in world finals).
    Last edited by SeaBottle; February 18th, 2020 at 03:28 PM.

So it's a 1 mio USD tournament but nobody knows?