Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thanks but no thanks...

New Bloke/Chick
    SC at least let us BUY the deco for diamonds.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    Hi Paulettes,
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post

In what way are we players like Trojan horses? Thank you for the clarification.

---
    Lynn, Clasher, Farmer, and now also Boomer
    Februay 15, 2020

haha, good question

Clearly i got what she was driving at ...but perhaps working our digital digits to the bone?

Level 130, Town 38
    always working on barn and town

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by OneRadcat View Post
    SC at least let us BUY the deco for diamonds.
    Yes please

Exactly this!

Wow Lynn you have over analysed my response me thinks!!
    its a saying where Iím from, simply me working hard. No hidden meaning or agenda...

A Trojan horse is any malware which misleads users of its true intent.
    Trojan horses are generally spread by some form of social engineering, for example where a user is duped into executing an email attachment disguised to appear not suspicious, (e.g., a routine form to be filled in), or by clicking on some fake advertisement on social media or anywhere else. Although their payload can be anything, many modern forms act as a backdoor, contacting a controller which can then have unauthorized access to the affected computer. Trojans may allow an attacker to access users' personal information such as banking information, passwords, or personal identity. It can also delete a user's files or infect other devices connected to the network. Ransomware attacks are often carried out using a Trojan horse.

Unlike computer viruses and worms, Trojan horses generally do not attempt to inject themselves into other files or otherwise propagate themselves.
    Ancient Greek? Fleets? Soldiers at war? What is this nonsense?
    Last edited by BULIGO; February 15th, 2020 at 11:59 PM.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulettes View Post
    Wow Lynn you have over analysed my response me thinks!!
    its a saying where I’m from, simply me working hard. No hidden meaning or agenda...
    LOL, irony noted.

Quote Originally Posted by BULIGO View Post
    ...Unlike computer viruses and worms, Trojan horses generally do not attempt to inject themselves into other files or otherwise propagate themselves.
    Ancient Greek? Fleets? Soldiers at war? What is this nonsense?
    LOL, Virgil coined the phrase, "Beware of Greeks bearing gifts." Thank you DuckDuckGo.

https://www.thoughtco.com/beware-of-...-origin-121368

---
    Lynn, Clasher, Farmer, and now also Boomer
    Februay 15, 2020
    In what ways am I grateful? Let me count my blessings.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...essings-Thread

Is this true? No prize, even for those of us who met the goal and then some? I was really proud of my 154lbs. That's horrible to punish all who participated. That reinforces and all but guarantees less participation for next time.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteStarFarms View Post
    Is this true? No prize, even for those of us who met the goal and then some? I was really proud of my 154lbs. That's horrible to punish all who participated. That reinforces and all but guarantees less participation for next time.
    Yes, it is true.
    As was noted earlier, there was one year, 2015 I believe, where we missed both the Christmas and New Years goals. Great weeping and gnashing of Trojan horses. That spring, SC put the typewriter (which would have been the New Years gift) on the WoF for a while. There’s an old thread recounting our efforts to get the typewriter via the WoF. That was the last time there were special global events where we all contributed certain items (pumpkins and pumpkin pies, sewing machine goods, muffins) for the goal. A lot of us really liked those.

A couple of thoughts:
    • It is also true that the number of new holiday decorations available for purchase in the shop with game tokens has dropped virtually to zero. The ability to buy new decos except for RL currency doesn’t seem necessary. At least more decos from former years could be offered in the shop during the holiday period.
    • The gift hunt on Greg’s farm has been a fabulous addition to holiday celebrations. It may be that the holiday event deco prize could be placed there and the holiday event prize could be diamonds. Another alternative would be to place the deco prize at the benchmark point where we individually qualify for the event prize which could be diamonds...if that makes sense. That way, those who work hard primarily for the deco (me) would get it whether or not the global goal was met.
    • As noted earlier, the health crisis in China may have affected the participation. SC would have programmed this event prior to that. If the COVID-19 tragedy China is experiencing did indeed have a measurable effect, Alfred may bring us a goodie to our quarantined farm houses.
    Last edited by MiniGardener; February 16th, 2020 at 02:48 AM.

Farm Level 128 | Town 41 | Achievements 143/144

Looking at the bright side: I may not have a cute new bench but I have plenty of fish. 😉
    Considering new decos that can be bought in-game with coins, diamonds and tokens or worked for apparently is a BIG rarety now a days, I have to say I am very disappointed too. I will just have to settle for the 🐟.