Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: The ‘recruitment tool’: what is happening under the hood?

Trainee

The ‘recruitment tool’: what is happening under the hood?

Hi all,

As can be seen in many other threads, the ‘recruitment tool’ simply does not work. The December update has not brought any obvious improvements. Over the last couple of weeks, I have tried to gather information about the inner workings of this tool and here are a couple of my observations in different scenarios.

Scenario 1: I have left a clan and want to find a new one that suits my needs.
    I actually did this with two of my accounts just to see what would happen. Both accounts are pretty solid, one near max TH12 and one near max TH11. Each time, the same things happened: Immediately upon leaving, the invitations started flowing in. After having been offline for a couple of hours, my mailbox was full and I started looking at my options. Most offers were from clans that used all kinds of unreadable languages. After having declined a few of these, I got the question whether I wanted to keep getting invitations. I said ‘yes’ and logged off again. Next time I came online, my mailbox was filled with new invitations. Rinse and repeat, I declined most due to incompatible languages, but did leave a few (3 or 4) in my mailbox. After that, things got quiet and invitations stopped coming in. At the moment, my TH11 has been without invitations for a week and my TH12 is no longer needed since three days. My take on this is that the ‘tool’ has pushed my bases back out of sight, perhaps due to declining too many invitations. My status still says that I want to get invitations, but I suspect that this has been disabled somewhere under the hood of the ‘recruitment tool’.

Scenario 2: I am actively searching for a new clan.
    With the bases from scenario 1, I have been searching actively for clans that might fit my play style. This part of the ‘recruitment tool’ really puzzles me. First, I find it odd that the list of pre-selected clans from my own region (shown as you open the ‘join clan’ tab) is lost completely after entering any selection criteria in the ‘advanced options’. Second, I find it disturbing that I find clans that are closed or full, even when I select to only show clans I can join. Third, I get irritated that the country selection is essentially useless. A selection of the clan language(s) or some kind of region would be much better. I would really like more ways to see and select prospective clans, I have seen many suggestions in other threads.

Scenario 3: I am searching for new clan members.
    I still have a base in the clan that I left in scenario 1 and used that to search for new members. Since I had two bases for which I knew the preferences and which were without a clan, I expected to find these bases in any search. Well, to cut that long story short, that did not happen. In all my searches, I have never found my own two bases. I would have liked to invite them, just for the fun of it. In addition, I miss many of the other settings I would have liked (TH level, language etc.) and I find it incredible that I keep finding so many bases that are in a clan.

Sorry for the long read. My observations indicate that the ‘recruitment tool’ actively hides bases without a clan and that the settings are incomplete at best and do not function properly. Taken together, I think that the developers have a lot of work ahead to fulfill the promises that have been made about this tool.

Best regards and have a nice day,
    Leo

Centennial Club
    I tested the recruitment tool with a small (th9) of mine...
    Not one invitation after less than a week.
    I try to invite members from time to time. I get players from all kinds of countries, but no players from my country. On good luck I invited anyway, but the players who came speak a different language. So the only success was false donations.
    Also I do not see any improvement.
    A recruitment tool without language selection makes no sense to me.

Keep doing this a couple of hundred times a day for a year or two. There is some kind of hidden learning that will learn which language you want. You just have to be patient. I pray you live long enough to see it work.
    Leader
    BORN TO WIN ec
    #L2YP89RU

WAR serious GAMES serious CWL relaxed

Trainee
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessKeys View Post
    Keep doing this a couple of hundred times a day for a year or two. There is some kind of hidden learning that will learn which language you want. You just have to be patient. I pray you live long enough to see it work.
    Ha ha lol, I like the sarcasm here.

Anyway, Supercell seems to have reacted very quickly. Just after I posted the original message, I got some invites on my TH11. That is the one that had fallen out of favor of the recruiting tool for a week.

I feel I am on the brink of uncovering the hidden agenda of Clash recruiment.

Scenario 1: Interesting. Maybe the tool does push you back if you decline too many invitations. That might be a good thing. There are a lot of players that have their invites set to receive but have no interest in actually leaving their clan.

Scenario 3: I think it would be hard to find your own two bases without a LOT more filters. You're searching for two accounts among millions. (And I do wish we had a lot more filters. Location, war stars, hall level, donations last month, attacks won last month, clan games points all time, clan games points last month...basically a long list of any sorts of details that would be useful.)

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

I think it has to do with the "shards" Darian wrote about, and you can't expect to see the entire pool of players within your "shard".
    Last edited by eitiel; February 15th, 2020 at 03:03 PM.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Scenario 1: Interesting. Maybe the tool does push you back if you decline too many invitations. That might be a good thing. There are a lot of players that have their invites set to receive but have no interest in actually leaving their
    LVinvi wrote that most invitations came from clans whose language he cannot read. How can it be good that you are excluded if you refuse these invitations? In return, I am offered players whose names I can't even read. I have not been able to recruit for months, but that doesn't mean that I don't want to recruit.
    That's a big problem, language and countries are not considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell66 View Post
    LVinvi wrote that most invitations came from clans whose language he cannot read. How can it be good that you are excluded if you refuse these invitations? In return, I am offered players whose names I can't even read. I have not been able to recruit for months, but that doesn't mean that I don't want to recruit.
    I send my alt accounts out to visit other clans occasionally. Great way to learn some technique or practice. Since the beginning, I have only bookmarked 1 clan. That means I am rejecting all the others. That doesn't mean I want to stop getting invites, it means I want to stop getting invites from THOSE KINDS OF CLANS. Language and location really need to be a part of this. Whatever they are doing as far as language/location is not working now.
    Leader
    BORN TO WIN ec
    #L2YP89RU

WAR serious GAMES serious CWL relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell66 View Post
    The good is excluding players that actually have no interest in any invites. The bad is excluding players that really are searching for a clan.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

Does anyone still use this useless tool??lol