Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Back to Hay Day after a very long time | How do I progress faster

Back to Hay Day after a long time | How do I progress fast | and what's this trading?

So, I used to play Hay day years ago and now I just felt I should be back at it..

Well, I am just level 31 and I don't see much change from when I left the game..

Other than truck deliveries, boat and derby... are there any other ways to progress faster in game
    Progress is going slow it seems
    and obviously, I can't give much time to hay day compared to clash of clans, brawl stars etc

Some tips would really help

Also, I would be thankful to know what's up with the trading thread
    Last edited by StrangeQuark; 4 Days Ago at 06:20 AM.
    Player Tag: #9YC8CL2C | In-Game Name: Yasin
    Town Hall - 13 | My stats here
    Trying to keep up with all Supercell games - but time's always just not enough.
    YouTube Channel | Instagram Handle | Twitter Handle | Reddit Handle

Welcome back to Hay Day.

You can try mass-farming crops daily, like your latest crops that give lots of exp. As you say, boat and truck orders are good, particularly trucks that give 500 or so EXP. There are also events in the game that give double EXP for trucks or boats etc. even triple in the past. Once you reach level 35, you’ll unlock boosters which can also help you progress faster.

The trading thread (I don’t use it mind you) is where you say what you want and are willing to part with (e.g. my 10 planks for your 10 nails). You share a way of communicating with the person who’s willing to trade (often kik). Someone else then accepts the trade and you sell the items to each other. It is important to note the trading isn’t supported by Supercell and trades have a chance of going wrong. The first post of the actual thread explains the process better than I ever will: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...Trading-Thread

I hope this helps, but I’m only level 50, some other level players may have different tips.
    Last edited by WheatLandIII; 4 Days Ago at 06:33 AM.

Also known as KDT123 and WheatLand.
    I found something shiny in my mystery net on Sunday, 2nd July 2017.
    Level 50 reached: Saturday, 25th January 2020.
    Share your Hay Day farmís statistics with everyone!

Thanks for help. Appreciate it.

Forum Champion
    One sure fire way to progress is to spend a lot of time searching in paper for hard to get items, finding suitable farms you want to follow and keep animals/machines busy.

Plant so harvest times correspond with animals then play CoC and Brawl Stars in between. Plant longer crops overnight.

At this stage, I suggest you ignore boats, trucks and visitors unless you can easily fill orders. They drain your resources for little return. One hard to fill boat order can ruin days of previous production. Of course, events can change the value they return. I'd even avoid derby until you organise yourself.

Concentrate on upgrading silo and barn to make life easier and exp will climb naturally. If you are spending gems, consider which queues need more slots more urgently than others For me that's feed mills, dairy, bakery and ovens.

HD is about time management as much as any other resource.

Forum Champion
    Oh, and check in daily for wheel, movie tickets and Greg's store as well as checking any well stocked farmers you follow.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryasin View Post
    So, I used to play Hay day years ago and now I just felt I should be back at it..

Well, I am just level 31 and I don't see much change from when I left the game..
    First of all, welcome back to the game and HD subforum. I don't know when you left the game, but there was a significant change in a recent update. If you may recall, a few years ago, the Trading Post was introduced in which we may request our neighbors to donate any items except for Expansion Materials (EM). Some of us requested for the inclusion of EMs. But Nick posted in 2017 that it was ruled out because some players will exploit it and "throw off the entire balance of the game". Then Team Hay Day found a solution in 2019 and allowed us to request EMs in the Trading Post. It was a game changer for my neighborhood because we no longer relied on our RSS to trade EMs and used the safer option of the Trading Post. It may be a slow process to ask for 3 EMs daily but the trades are protected and there's no chance for anyone else to swoop in and buy the EMs from our RSS.

...Other than truck deliveries, boat and derby... are there any other ways to progress faster in game
    Progress is going slow it seems and obviously, I can't give much time to hay day compared to clash of clans, brawl stars etc

Some tips would really help
    Why do you want to progress quickly? You're level 31 and need to earn coins to buy 21 more machines. If you rush too quickly to level 80 to buy the last machine, you may not have enough coins for the Tea Stand.

OTOH, if you just want to race to a high level without buying machines, then by all means do trucks nonstop to earn XPs. It's important to find a play style which is fun for you.

BTW, here's a well-written post discussing the best ways to earn coins and XPs.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ed-Order-Value

Also, I would be thankful to know what's up with the trading thread
    As you have seen, the Trading Thread is the most active thread in the HD subforum because trading is a popular activity and motivates many forumites to play. I'd like to suggest you read the rules carefully and weigh the rewards with the risks before trading your goods. We discussed some of the risks in the megathread below.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...3#post11230343

Apparently, we enjoyed beating a dead horse, burying it, digging it up, and beating it again.

---
    Lynn, Clasher, Farmer, and now also Boomer
    Februay 14, 2020
    Last edited by LynnK2015; 4 Days Ago at 07:59 AM.
    In what ways am I grateful? Let me count my blessings.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...essings-Thread

Thanks for all the inputs guys!

And by progress I mean not only by levels...

Also progress considering the whole farm ie getting coins, new buildings etc a little faster

I recently invested 38k gold in ice-cream maker, and still have to get 4 more smelter that cost 22k gold each

Its lot of gold that I will need..
    Last edited by StrangeQuark; 4 Days Ago at 08:27 AM.

Thanks for all the inputs guys!

And by progress I mean not only by levels...

Also progress considering the whole farm ie getting coins, new buildings etc a little faster

I recently invested 38k gold in ice-cream maker, and still have to get 4 more smelter that cost 22k gold each

with the smelters, you can add production slots instead of buying more smelters. The smelters will always be available to buy and they can wait
    Last edited by WussyPuss; 4 Days Ago at 08:37 AM.
    Farm 141
    CoC TH12 BhB9 AQ 60 BK 53 GW 26
    established level 18 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #9

...and still have to get 4 more smelter that cost 22k gold each

I hate to break this to you, but each smelter costs more than the previous one.

You'll find the details here: https://hayday.fandom.com/wiki/Smelter

As Wussypuss suggests, you can add slots to the smelter you have. There's no rush to get all five of them - on my baby farms I buy one when I can afford it. I did the same on my main farm back in the day.

I hope this helps

Hay Day level 182 (main farm) - I have seven others!

Quote Originally Posted by Cowslips View Post
    I hate to break this to you, but each smelter costs more than the previous one.
    You'll find the details here: https://hayday.fandom.com/wiki/Smelter
    Damn, I didn't knew this. Thanks for telling me this before hand.

As Wussypuss suggests, you can add slots to the smelter you have. There's no rush to get all five of them - on my baby farms I buy one when I can afford it. I did the same on my main farm back in the day.

I hope this helps
    Thanks.

So if I add slots to any machine with diamonds, will those be permanent or temporary - because I have about 200+ diamonds and not sure where to invest them
    Last edited by StrangeQuark; 4 Days Ago at 10:10 AM.