Thread: Language Translator

Language Translator

Having recently returned to CoC. I was surprised to see that chat us still a mess of different languages.
    Since I play three other mobile games that translate languages in-game. I thought now would be the time to put forward the suggestion again.
    It is very messy when an international clan has different languages spoken in chat.

Waiting beside my human bestie to throw my favorite ball
    This has been asked for in the past but how will the game translate attack names into other languages? You can put that into Google's tranlation website as it'll come out in the language that you put it in (ex. put "bararch" in English and it'll come out as "bararch" in English). Let's not for get the amount of languages there are and how heavy the game could potentially be if this was added.

Quote Originally Posted by LotroFanatic View Post
    Having recently returned to CoC. I was surprised to see that chat us still a mess of different languages.
    Since I play three other mobile games that translate languages in-game. I thought now would be the time to put forward the suggestion again.
    It is very messy when an international clan has different languages spoken in chat.
    Which 3 games are those ? Personally never play a game that translate languages itself

- Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown
    - Some would question if the risk was worth it. The Rest were already dead.
    - OK BOOMER ------------------ 小舟從此逝 江海寄餘生
    - Victory goes not to the able, but to the ambitious.

Simply align on a single language that's widely spoken.

And independent from the question whether you like it or not:
    English is the one that seems to be acceptable for most countries/ethnics.

To my knowledge and as an example:
    Even the guys from India have English as their fallback in case of cross-country conversations.
    In southern India the guys from Chennai do not understand the ones from Pune and vice-versa.
    Together they both talk in English ... problem solved.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by LapDawg View Post
    This has been asked for in the past but how will the game translate attack names into other languages? You can put that into Google's tranlation website as it'll come out in the language that you put it in (ex. put "bararch" in English and it'll come out as "bararch" in English). Let's not for get the amount of languages there are and how heavy the game could potentially be if this was added.
    If two people using different languages, and a translation tool, are trying half seriously, they are not going to use slang names, jargon, or abbreviations.

The google translation app is very helpful even if you do, because it shows you the translation as you type. If the word is not recognised or can’t be translated, then it appears unchanged in the translation plain and obvious for you to see.

Some understanding will have to be excepted, for example understanding that in many other languages the Healer is known as Angel, and in English, PEKKA is a made up word. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfKzBDq6A68 for a audiovisual on this.

CoC chat is not terribly advanced communication, so in general it should be fine.

To make it work easy now, all SCell need to do is make the chat selectable, so you can copy to google translate.

Standing outside a broken Clan Castle with Gold in my hand
    Pekka is a Finnish given name disguised as an acronym for this game. There shouldn't be a direct translation either way even if it's the equivalent of "Peter" (which it is). The troop is a P.E.K.K.A. which has no translation and could retain that name across translations. No one should be requesting a P.E.T.E.R for war.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    Pekka is a Finnish given name disguised as an acronym for this game. There shouldn't be a direct translation either way even if it's the equivalent of "Peter" (which it is). The troop is a P.E.K.K.A. which has no translation and could retain that name across translations. No one should be requesting a P.E.T.E.R for war.
    P.E.K.K.A in Chinese is “skin card superman”.

Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    Pekka is finnish male name.🙄 But why is pekka in clash a girl?🙈
    Last edited by wotanwaton; February 16th, 2020 at 12:22 PM.

Standing outside a broken Clan Castle with Gold in my hand
    Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    That’s just scary. I switched over to Japanese, and Pekka is simply “P.E.K.K.A.” while all other troops are written in katakana (foreign language alphabet). Miner is digger, minion is gargoyle, and witch is necromancer while the rest appear to retain the direct syllabic translation of their English name.

WW is Wall Buster, SS appears to be Rock Bomb, and the other Sieges are in Kanji, so I can’t read them, but they will have very literal translations.

See, this is the cool thing about NOT having in-game translations. Being able to look at troops in other languages is informative for aspiring polyglots.
    Last edited by toofinedog; February 16th, 2020 at 03:38 PM.