Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why is there no possebility to edit sc id setting for devices?

Centennial Club

why is there no possebility to edit sc id setting for devices?

so here is my question, why is there no possebility to edit sc id devices on or of?

so creating a supercell id is easy. but after the lifespan of youre divice is gone for you personaly, you cannot delete it from a list.. i read a lot of people selling devices, getting log ons from the buyer, asking ingame disruption for help, and getting locked for life..

why can i not delete devices from the list myself without ingame disruption doing the worst(locking your account).

and yes you can recover, but i pray you dont have bought anything on that account, or you do not have multiple accounts trough one payment account, or its bye bye account.

asking ingame help is a desaster waiting to happen, and i would recommend anybody not to involve them for at least the first week of youre trouble, after researching everything you need to know to recover, maybee then if you have ALL the answers you involve them..

Banned
    Won't factory resetting your mobile do the trick?

Forum Champion
    You can delete an SCID from a device. Simply tap the X on the rhs of the SCID you want to remove. You need to do this for each game you use that particular SCID.

Then remove all access and traces of the email address linked to that SCID. Someone picking up the device can't recover your SCID if they can't access your email.

Having a purchase record for a SCID probably means you actually have one more proof of ownership.

But anyone who passes on a device to family, friends or unknowns without doing a factory reset first is asking to trouble.

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Clash12344321 View Post
    Won't factory resetting your mobile do the trick?
    This^^^
    If you are selling/ giving away a device without doing a factory reset then you are getting no less than you deserve.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdome757 View Post
    This^^^
    If you are selling/ giving away a device without doing a factory reset then you are getting no less than you deserve.
    ahh , because i dont read any warnings about this when i read about sc id. and the delete from the list function was added later on..
    still i think it should be possible without the tab.

look i sold mine, and lost 4 years of work. stupid? maybee, i did not know, was an idiot, and paid for it with my account.. but if i did not involve ingame help, i would still be playing my beloved account.
    or if i could access my account id setting through my mail... or if supercell did not NEED my first purchase, only proof of ownership of the account mail.. all could have saved my account.

what if youre device is stolen? not so stupid, but lost is youre account just the same.

nice to see that people are fast with there conclusions of other people and there knowhow of android.

my advice is do not contact supercel ingame before you checked youre first purchase in google or apple store ...

and if you think thats stupid, if you have more account, check your accounts for first purchase.. a good chance its not there

Quote Originally Posted by Fanaticclasher View Post
    ahh , because i dont read any warnings about this when i read about sc id. and the delete from the list function was added later on.
    still i think it should be possible without the tab.
    look i sold mine, and lost 4 years of work. stupid? maybee, i did not know, was an idiot, and paid for it with my account.. but if i did not involve ingame help, i would still be playing my beloved account.
    Its not only your clash account. Think about all other stuff that is on your sold device. Pics music sensible data like bank data or passwords.......
    You always should wipe every data from your device if you want to sell it or give into repair store. That is common thing and if you dont do it you can only blame yourself.

or if i could access my account id setting through my mail... or if supercell did not NEED my first purchase, only proof of ownership of the account mail.. all could have saved my account.
    how would you provide ownership of an email account?🙄

what if youre device is stolen? not so stupid, but lost is youre account just the same.
    Device security like screen lock or remote factory reset or "find my mobile"...........

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    Its not only your clash account. Think about all other stuff that is on your sold device. Pics music sensible data like bank data or passwords.......
    You always should wipe every data from your device if you want to sell it or give into repair store. That is common thing and if you dont do it you can only blame yourself.

how would you provide ownership of an email account?🙄

Device security like screen lock or remote factory reset or "find my mobile"...........
    first, i only have a tab for clash, nothing else, ifit gets laggy for my use its served its purpose.

what other point does first purchase achive but prove control of the account mail? ifi can see first purchase, i can read the code for unlocking the account.

and last but not least, i just want to play a game, dont want to be a computer nerd like you obviously are, do not want to use a million other things to play the game, just play a game.. is it to much to ask that supercell asks for recovery data that all of us can provide, not only mister smartypants.

i guess sc is not ready for that, only for my money that i spent on the game, witch is the reason that i lost the account i the first place. if i never had spent any money on the game the answer would be simple..

Making account recovery easy would end in account phishing and we all are in a big risk to lose our villages.

Forum Champion
    Whether you only use your device for Clash or not, at one point it was used to access the Play Store and probably at least one email address and service to verify the SCID you are using to play. Reason enough to know something about security and device management.

It's quite reasonable to jump through hoops to prove ownership and it's not difficult if you are the genuine account creator. The process is the same whether you spend money or not.

If you're through trying to insult people trying to assist you then sit back and think about the likely response next time you pose a question.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by OzAudi View Post
    Whether you only use your device for Clash or not, at one point it was used to access the Play Store and probably at least one email address and service to verify the SCID you are using to play. Reason enough to know something about security and device management.

It's quite reasonable to jump through hoops to prove ownership and it's not difficult if you are the genuine account creator. The process is the same whether you spend money or not.

If you're through trying to insult people trying to assist you then sit back and think about the likely response next time you pose a question.
    it would help if you read his posts before you have a opinion about mine..

i made my mistakes, i dont need somebody pointing out that i needed to be a expert starting a clash of clans game, and implying me to be stupid for not knowing how android works, and the way supercell id works, or even google stores its purchase information.

i have 8 accounts, and i did not know google needs every account seperatly coupled to a payment method. i had 1 payment account that i used to pay all my purchases. i only found out that google stores all my purchases in that one account even if i made it with another account. so my first purchase was empty in the account i tried to recover. it had 3 namechanges, witch i knew, every question had the correct answer. only first purchase i could not provide. so even a video of it being empty could not unlock my account.

guessing witch one it would be in my purchase account is like finding a needle in a haystack.

the account in question was not heavely gemmed only a couple of times maybee 10 times. i had a list of over 800 purchases for all accounts so needles to say i did not guess correctly..

so i get that it has to be difficult to retrieve a account.. but if a video of a empty purchase listing is not enough.. than maybee the system is flawed. bending over backwards for retreivel is fine. but it needs to be do-able.

sc id is flawed for loading the last id even if you deleted the google accounts.(i deleted those) and retreival is not fair if you NEED something you can possibly not provide.