Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: TH13 - Forever waiting, it all just takes too long....

Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post
    To be clear - the point of this thread was never to suggest that Clash has an insurmountable paywall (it does not) or that the game has to be expensive to play. The point I was trying to make (and have reiterated throughout) is that the lengthy wait times for builds, upgrades - as well as army cook times and hero regeneration times - has hit the point they produce a diminishing effect against the enjoyment of the game for many players. This is problematic for the game’s longevity, especially for new blood, and I find that disconcerting. Clash has been my passion for many years and I want to see it stick around for many more to come.

The training/regeneration timers used to be much longer. I am sure they are continuing to evaluate them and will make adjustments as necessary. Training potions help quite a bit, and are super cheap from the League Shop already. They usually throw them into the season pass and once in a while a freebie from the trader. Sure, you have to outweigh buying training potions over, say, a HoB or HoH. But, I could easily get 4 hero upgrades worth out of 15 training potions (at least 2 levels of a DE hero and 2 levels of GW). So, yeah, now you are just stuck with the time to upgrade. Fortunately, heroes don't have as long of timers.

Quote Originally Posted by Clopidogrel View Post
    I'd say its not the wait times that are killing it for me... Its the menial, pointless upgrades we have in TH11-13. Almost everything grows really poorly and a lot of times I wonder why should I even upgrade stuff when they only give such marginal returns.

If things gave more than 10% boosts on level up, I'd be excited for each and every upgrade. These days, even 10% improvements are few and far between. If ADs go from 400 to 520 dps, I'd be excited to get it done so that enemy electro dragons cannot stomp me anymore. To balance that, electros can gain 1k health to counter the increased AD dmg so that I will be excited on the other end when I upgrade my electros. It makes no sense that TH13 troops are barely 30% stronger than TH10/11 troops. I don't mind waiting 2-3 weeks for upgrades to complete if they actually do something.

TH13 only has 4 upgrades: royal champion, giga inferno and 2 scattershots; everything else is just for decoration.

I think they only do this so there is some minor overlap in abilities between at least 1 difference in TH level. As such, a TH12 can still possibly 2-star a TH13 - I was still 3-starring TH13s in wars with level 1 scattershots with my TH12 account that was basically maxed (only BK was not maxed). But, its almost a guarantee that TH13 would crush the same TH12 as long as they have some of their offensive upgrades completed. I guess they don't want to make it IMPOSSIBLE for a 1 TH level difference to be that much of an impact. But, now that my TH13 is maxed, I don't think I could even remotely get close to 2-starring it with my TH12.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Max only those 4 things out and you will get 3 starred easily by max th13 offense. Max out everything that was offered and if you have a decent design it is WAY harder to 3 star. The accumulation of it all makes a big difference.
    Definitely, but the topic at hand is the grind in TH13. If everything were as impactful as those 4, then we would get a good dopamine hit every 3-4 days. Currently, there is zero fun in completing any TH13 upgrade because its a non-upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkpye View Post
    I am really struggling with your maths here... 10% is a really significant boost, and for the most part all the upgrades are at least 10% except for the cannons, and this is because you normally get 2 upgrades per TH so by the end of the TH13 content I am sure that will be at 10% too.

Despite your worry that TH13 troops are only 30% stronger than a th10/11, what that means in reality is that my army is so much better than a TH11 that I could literally drop my troops with my eyes closed and get a 3 star against a TH11, if that was the kind of variance you wanted to have between 1 TH instead of 3, well you basically kill all the old content as soon as you release new content...
    Please try doing what you're proposing, you'll find it surprising. Anyhow, good balance would mean that you could 3 star a completely maxed TH12 with half-maxed TH13 offense, not maxed TH13. It makes no sense to spend 3-6 months upgrading your base to just be marginally better than the previous TH level. It won't kill old content, TH12 will still be superior to TH11, TH11 will still crush TH10.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1 View Post
    I think they only do this so there is some minor overlap in abilities between at least 1 difference in TH level. As such, a TH12 can still possibly 2-star a TH13 - I was still 3-starring TH13s in wars with level 1 scattershots with my TH12 account that was basically maxed (only BK was not maxed). But, its almost a guarantee that TH13 would crush the same TH12 as long as they have some of their offensive upgrades completed. I guess they don't want to make it IMPOSSIBLE for a 1 TH level difference to be that much of an impact. But, now that my TH13 is maxed, I don't think I could even remotely get close to 2-starring it with my TH12.
    Its pretty unfair for the high level to have such big an overlap. I spend months of time and hundreds of millions sometimes billions of gold just to see my base being crushed, easily 2 starred by TH12s and I still need good skill, deployment and a strong army just to take down a TH12, it makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Clopidogrel View Post
    Definitely, but the topic at hand is the grind in TH13. If everything were as impactful as those 4, then we would get a good dopamine hit every 3-4 days. Currently, there is zero fun in completing any TH13 upgrade because its a non-upgrade.
    I don't find th13 to be a grind at all and in any event you said everything other than those 4 defenses is only for decoration and again here you say they are"non-upgrade(s)" yet you also say "definitely" to my point that those upgrades are what makes the difference between easily getting three starred by th13 or not. It doesn't add up. Like I said, if you just upgrade 4 defenses and leave the rest because you think it is only for decoration, you'll be seeing your base 3 starred regularly. My less than elite clan 3 stars non-max th13s over and over. There is a HUGE difference in having all bombs, cannons, air defenses, teslas and archers upgraded to max and not. If every archer tower upgraded as much in power as two scatters, it would ruin th13, now include all the rest too? It doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by 2222; 1 Day Ago at 07:43 PM.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

I think the hero regeneration rate is absurd, specially at higher lvl... i can live with the long upgrade times but not when i have to wait damn close to an hour for my hero. Should be cut by half at least. You spend most of the game upping your heroes and when youre finally get them maxed you still cant really use them because of the regeneration wait.
    Last edited by NesQuickPL; 22 Hours Ago at 10:48 PM.

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by NesQuickPL View Post
    I think the hero regeneration rate is absurd, specially at higher lvl... i can live with the long upgrade times but not when i have to wait damn close to an hour for my hero. Should be cut by half at least. You spend most of the game upping your heroes and when youre finally get them maxed you still cant really use them because of the regeneration wait.
    To be somewhat fair, if you are farming in lower leagues you don't need them and if you are farming in higher leagues the army cook time is pretty close to hero regen times. That said, I would be thrilled if they cut hero regen times in half.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by SaYNaNaFoO View Post
    I apologize to to chieftux. I thought that they were the same handles.
    I'm Chief Tuk. Chieftux is the guy in the monkey suit.
    Leader of Bellum Tigers #2CR0QQC
    Expert Goblin Butterknife Attacker