Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: TH13 - Forever waiting, it all just takes too long....

TH13 - Forever waiting, it all just takes too long....

Ok - Iím just going to throw this out there for discussion.

Clash just requires too much ďwait timeĒ.

TH13 defense upgrades come in, typically, at 2 weeks or more. Even with 6 Builders and the 20% Builder perk from the gold season pass, it takes 12-16 days for each building upgrade. Troop/spell upgrades...the same, 2 weeks or more. The Grand Warden with TEN levels...way too much (thatís roughly 2 months of upgrade time there). Itís a real bear not having him for attacks. Whatís more - weíre likely not done with defensive/troop upgrades either; there will be more to come in the next few quarters.

The cost of upgrades are, I think, about right. I would like to see the ability to drop everything new in the Shop without doing storage upgrades, but I see this not as an issue with the cost but rather with the storage capacity. The only thing that may be a bit too high in cost, IMHO, is the Royal Champion. Even there, though, Iím a bit on the fence.

Then thereís the time to cook troops and for heroes to recover. Again...itís too much wait time. Attacks are passive, not real time. The recovery time for heroes is a killer (40m) and it takes nearly as long (or longer) to cook an army. Even when boosted, a war grade army - required for Legend League - is going to take 10m or thereabouts to cook.

Now I get that this is a business; there are magic items to help shorten wait times; itís better now than in the distant past; upgrade times need to be balanced with content releases...so on, and so forth. And I am really enjoying TH13. I just think the wait, wait, wait nature of the game has reached the point that weíve jumped the proverbial shark. I can hardly imagine what a new player would think and Iíve been unable to get anyone to start playing now (even with the improvements to lower level wait times) once they look into the game. TBH, I think the game has reached the point that we need new modes of play - most likely event driven - and increased social engagement. Something more than just build and upgrade.

FWIW....
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.
    Creator Code: GwN

Standing outside a broken Clan Castle with Gold in my hand
    If I wasn’t trying to maintain my position in Legends, I’d just play on my minis. I don’t mind the wait. It’s definitely part of the game and a necessary evil.

Centennial Club
    Well said, I agree wait time is too long. It has hit the tipping point with me, based on the fact I play less and don't mind having builders inactive.
    Leader of Trilobytes #20LR9P, Level 11 Clan
    TH12

The game, over time, has introduced a wide variety of new troops, spells, buildings, heroes, and new upgrades to those already existing. As we've seen more upgrades come available, a longer and more expensive training time has also been part of the package. But as costs and times become more obviously excessive, a sort of balancing will soon follow. This has been the case multiple times in the past. Anyone else remember the hours spent waiting for spells to train many years ago? But back to the topic, a balance will soon come with time, trust me.
    Last edited by fern03; 1 Week Ago at 11:33 PM.

I think it is worse having nothing to upgrade, which I'd get to faster if the build times were lower.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

As a max th12 going into th13, very solid collection of magic items, medals and a couple of gold passes, unless they drop new content in the next few weeks, I will be finished with the current upgrades. I would not enjoy it being any faster, it would leave nothing to be done in game, no real reason ason to log in other then clan wars. As long as current content can be completed before the next set of upgrades is released, no reason for it to be any faster Imo.
    Level: 262 | TH13
    Highest Trophy Count:5608 | Donations: 1.63 million | Hero Levels: 210

Limits like fear are often just an illusion
    Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    As a max th12 going into th13, very solid collection of magic items, medals and a couple of gold passes, unless they drop new content in the next few weeks, I will be finished with the current upgrades. I would not enjoy it being any faster, it would leave nothing to be done in game, no real reason ason to log in other then clan wars. As long as current content can be completed before the next set of upgrades is released, no reason for it to be any faster Imo.
    Completely agree.
    The upgrade times are fine as long as ftp players can max before new updates.
    I almost maxed on my main with only 3 cannons and traps left.Lab has been maxed sometime ago.I did buy some packs here and there though.

Wanna join a Competitive all TH13 Champs 1 war clan?Click here

New Bloke/Chick
    Nahhh...Everything is fine! You only need around 4 years of endless grind assuming you are efficient on your upgrades and you plan everything in advance. School is 12+ years so class is nothing compared. If you are good and can keep up with the meta you can become an esports player after maxing. Feels too long? Just buy some packages and subscribe to gold pass to support the developers so they can add more years...I mean content for us already maxed to have something to do!

Personally I never play Coc as a 100% strat game, as a collectible and grinding game.

- Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown
    - Some would question if the risk was worth it. The Rest were already dead.
    - OK BOOMER ------------------ 小舟從此逝 江海寄餘生
    - Victory goes not to the able, but to the ambitious.

Nah...there’s no way a true F2P player is going to come close to completing upgrades before the next content release. Even with 6 Builders and spending money on bonus packs, the level-up pack, and the Gold Pass, I still have the 10 levels of GW, Cannons, and traps/mines left. The next content release should be in a month or so; with upgrades of 2 weeks or more, even if an F2Per had OTTO they would still have plenty to upgrade.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.
    Creator Code: GwN