Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Electro dragons on defense.

Well, E-drag is good against most attacks in low TH.
    Tho I hate Loons more than E-drag to be honest.

And without poison, 30 archer is also annoying AF

- Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown
    - Some would question if the risk was worth it. The Rest were already dead.
    - OK BOOMER ------------------ 小舟從此逝 江海寄餘生
    - Victory goes not to the able, but to the ambitious.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelDawnAmber View Post
    Well, E-drag is good against most attacks in low TH.
    Tho I hate Loons more than E-drag to be honest.

And without poison, 30 archer is also annoying AF
    Loons can be very deadly to the Queen- sometimes she doesn't even fire at them until they are right on top of her head, by that time it is too late to do anything. A max ED can one-shot only a Queen with full health lower than level 24. But 5 maxed loons can together do it to any level Queen. Not to mention the fact that each one has a death damage of 322 too.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro666 View Post
    Loons can be very deadly to the Queen- sometimes she doesn't even fire at them until they are right on top of her head, by that time it is too late to do anything. A max ED can one-shot only a Queen with full health lower than level 24. But 5 maxed loons can together do it to any level Queen. Not to mention the fact that each one has a death damage of 322 too.
    xDD that's the point, Queen just doesn't attack loons untill they drop bombs on her head, and even with freeze it's not enough, it needs to be poison, GOD

- Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown
    - Some would question if the risk was worth it. The Rest were already dead.
    - OK BOOMER ------------------ 小舟從此逝 江海寄餘生
    - Victory goes not to the able, but to the ambitious.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro666 View Post
    Yes, but that is why I have 1 freeze on attack with queen walk (+2 in cc for war). But it is funny how when they die while frozen, they are still in the air and fall once freeze wears off and by the time queen is most likely move already and avoid balloons' fall damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Username18 View Post
    Electrodragons are one of the much weaker defensive troops...
    And yet I've seen it screw up more TH9 vs TH9 attacks than any other CC troop comp that I can think of. If your technique is poor or your execution is poor it can screw up your attack due to it high HP and high damage chain lightning.

Pro Member
    TH9 vs TH9 balance was great for a long time.

Level 4 E-dragon in a TH9 CC is really ridiculous. The balance is messed up but manageable.

Should SC care though? Maybe not, TH9 is so far from end game now most players will rush past it towards th10, th11 and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rst View Post
    2 hours ago you started a thread saying how much you enjoyed using hogs and miners in a mass army and getting loads of 3 stars ( even without your Queen)

An hour later and you have encountered 1 base where there is an electro drag in the cc and are crying out for a nerf because your land based army has no counter.

sigh......
    Lol.

10 lols

Quote Originally Posted by Thammondwis View Post
    And yet I've seen it screw up more TH9 vs TH9 attacks than any other CC troop comp that I can think of. If your technique is poor or your execution is poor it can screw up your attack due to it high HP and high damage chain lightning.
    Queen can easy destroy it... when it locks onto queen, right before it attacks press her ability. E-drad should reset and archers should protect queen from chaining to the queen. You can destroy it with few wizards also, if you make circle around it.

EDs are not that bad to take down for higher level THs; TH9 and TH10 can definitely have problems but EDs are so slow and poorly designed. Easiest solution is to pull the CC then use Poison and/or Freeze on it. Timed right and the ED goes down like a lead statue.

I run a solid mix of war, defensive CCs in anticipation of common attacks. Each defensive CC combination has certain benefits. At TH13, running ED/Loon attacks, the thing I hate seeing come out of the CC are Witches. I‘ve started freezing them just so my troops can get to the actual Witch and take her out - they get so hung up on the Larrys that the rest of the defenses whittle the attack down until it is too weak to take advantage of the troops’ strengths. Lavahounds are problematic for much the same reason - an air tank that splits. Ice Golems can be brutal when they’re spaced out, especially if troops gather in close as they’ll become susceptible to splash damage. My own CCs (TH6 and up) run Dragons, EDs, Archers, Wizards, Lavahounds, IGs...you name it.

It’s really just dependent on your army comp and luck of the draw.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.
    Creator Code: GwN

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyCinema View Post
    Queen can easy destroy it... when it locks onto queen, right before it attacks press her ability. E-drad should reset and archers should protect queen from chaining to the queen. You can destroy it with few wizards also, if you make circle around it.
    Agreed...if you use a proper technique and execution. If your late on pressing her ability, goodby Queen. Plus thatís OK if your attack strategy intended to use the Queen ability for the CC troops not so great if itís not.

Also some attack strategies rely on the kill squad taking out the enemy CC troops. An Edrag can do the most damage to your kill squad of any cc troop