Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Electro dragons on defense.

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #51
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperHelp View Post
    Actually, people really dont use the edrag that much. Considering how "weak" it is since many people say it should be buffed. What if they increased the housing space by a certain fraction and they also increased damage by that same fraction? Would everybody be happy?
    Not remotely. Increasing housing space is about the biggest nerf there is.

And what are you complaining about? Your a th13, I'm th9, and you are practically done with the game for now, you don't understand what th9 have to go through.
    We are complaining about the fact that you are demanding a huge nerf, which would affect every TH level.

And don't be so quick to judge what we may or may not understand. I have 5 accounts, the lowest of which is at TH7, and another only upgraded from TH9 a few months ago.

And ALL of us have been through TH9, many after edrags came along.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Actually, people really dont use the edrag that much. Considering how "weak" it is since many people say it should be buffed. What if they increased the housing space by a certain fraction and they also increased damage by that same fraction? Would everybody be happy? And what are you complaining about? Your a th13, I'm th9, and you are practically done with the game for now, you don't understand what th9 have to go through.

I am a th9, and I used to fear enemy cc edrags. They would ALWAYS kill me, until my clan taught me how to lure and kill with a queen walk, poison and max cc freeze. It wouldn't hurt to carry a couple of wizards or witches to help deal with the cc. You're right, no one starts the game knowing how to deal with the cc. It takes practice, practice, practice. But once you get it, you are fine! Before I couldn't even 2s anything cuz of cc edrag in enemy's base. Now, it's the LEAST of my problems. Witches and Lava Hounds in cc are MUCH more worse. Besides, once you know how to beat the edrag like I did, the edrag becomes practically useless in the upper town hall ccs. One thing you CAN do to better yourself is to join a clan that accepts newcomers and that they can teach you how to deal with ccs! Plus, it wouldn't hurt to watch some yt videos on it as well. And of course there is this lovely community that has been there, done that! Constructive criticism can make you the best you can be, if you choose to accept it and apply it to yourself!
    Last edited by BacalaoistPlays; February 18th, 2020 at 12:10 AM.

And u ask why clash of clans is losing players and the reason why is because they don't take into consideration what I and probably many players out there are going through. Low level players find the game boring and repetitive. Also, it's as if lower th players don't have a say. This is ridiculous how th 12 and 13 get to technically decide what happens in the game. Remember, that what the big guys do, also effects the small ones. Im not hating on the edrag, I just say that it is interfering with how players attack bases since bases won't depend on their regular defense, but more on cc troops. My overall conclusion of edrag is that it is ridiculous to counter for the lower leveled people. And I'm done with this, the next edrag is see will be the last one because I'm quitting on all three of my accounts.

Edrags are easy to counter tbh - there are definitely much more effective combinations - a well timed freeze can basically mean they donít even get a bolt off before dying, even better if you can catch an inferno with it. It is important to prepare something for the CC - most of the 1 star fails I see people have brought nothing for CC at all, like a full loon army etc

And u ask why clash of clans is losing players and the reason why is because they don't take into consideration what I and probably many players out there are going through. Low level players find the game boring and repetitive. Also, it's as if lower th players don't have a say. This is ridiculous how th 12 and 13 get to technically decide what happens in the game. Remember, that what the big guys do, also effects the small ones. Im not hating on the edrag, I just say that it is interfering with how players attack bases since bases won't depend on their regular defense, but more on cc troops. My overall conclusion of edrag is that it is ridiculous to counter for the lower leveled people. And I'm done with this, the next edrag is see will be the last one because I'm quitting on all three of my accounts.

Well, if you put it that way, then mostly EVERY troop in the cc can/will be OP against lower town halls. Valks at th4, Lava Hounds at th9, giants, bowlers, witches, baby dragons, golems, ice golems, dragons, wizards, hog riders and the such can prove deadly for some specific comps. And besides, what REALLY gets players to quit is not actually enemy cc....its the grinding. TH9 is notorious for grinding. You got two levels of walls to do, a giant lab, AND 50 levels of hero levels! That alone can scare people off into quitting. But those that continue fighting will get to the higher ths and learn complex strats and play with new stuff! I'm not trying to offend you, as I am in the same th as you are. But heed this advice, those that receive criticism from the wise will become wiser. It won't hurt you to pay attention to the "higher ths" as they themselves been through all the ths and know more than I can as of now. And hey, join a clan that'll show you a thing or 2...you won't regret it! But if you seriously want to quit the game because of ONE troop you can't counter, the saying is then true: "Leave your storages and collectors outside your base so the other th9s can demolish your dead bases and grow up stronger!"

If electro dragon is that much of a problem then start using an army which doesn't get slaughtered by it then. Use mass dragons or DragLoon.
    Using valks to farm in th9 is not a good idea unless you are somehow overflowing with de. Your heroes are not high level either so develop them and once you are ready you can go back to using valks again.

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #57
    And u ask why clash of clans is losing players
    We don't ask that because there is little to no evidence that it is.

and the reason why is because they don't take into consideration what I and probably many players out there are going through. Low level players find the game boring and repetitive.
    Some do, and always have, and always will. In some ways it gets worse, not better as you progress, in that both cost and time of upgrades go up.

Also, it's as if lower th players don't have a say. This is ridiculous how th 12 and 13 get to technically decide what happens in the game.
    No TH get to "technically decide anything. We are just providing arguments as to why Supercell are unlikely to do what you want.

Remember, that what the big guys do, also effects the small ones. Im not hating on the edrag, I just say that it is interfering with how players attack bases since bases won't depend on their regular defense, but more on cc troops.
    That has always been true, and almost certainly always will be. It has always been one of the main advantages of clans.

And as has been stated by others, it applies just as much to other troops at other levels. It isn't just edrags at TH9, which are one of the easier CCs to deal with, even for a moderately developed TH9

Queen less than level 5 might struggle, but anything hogher shou,d be able to take it, probably before it even gets a shot in.

My overall conclusion of edrag is that it is ridiculous to counter for the lower leveled people. And I'm done with this, the next edrag is see will be the last one because I'm quitting on all three of my accounts.
    It would appear you are just ignoring all the advice you have been given here. It is not remotely ridiculous to counter for a TH9.

There are much harder troops in CC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Honestly this thread needs reversed. Electro Dragon deserves a huge buff in CC. Make it have a unique ability where it only takes 20 spaces in CC rather than it's usual 30, and give it a 20% health buff in CC. sure, it may seem extreme, but would make e-drags much better of a CC option, and makes more of a decision than a drag or lava hound.

Wow, this thread has been a very interesting read! And entertaining at that! lol :P
    The Edrag is perfect just the way it is. Like most people here are saying, knowledge on how troops work and skill with how they're used is key to being successful with this game. Depending on my army comp, I either get excited seeing an edrag come out of the cc, or I feel dread. Some troops are just better at attacking than defending and that's part of the game.
    They are very slow, I'll give them that. I had to laugh at one of my attacks where the edrag slowly followed my hog horde around a base and not even getting a chance to zap them until near the end! Even then, I got a high % two star with the edrag finishing off my army.
    They are not too OP. SC, please leave them as is. Annoying as it is, reducing their charge up time to attack quicker would make them way too OP!

and with rage and lvl.1 freeze, valks can also out run E-drag. As E-drag takes 3 flaps to attack, dropping down freeze spell at last wing flap would earn you more time.

- Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown
    - Some would question if the risk was worth it. The Rest were already dead.
    - OK BOOMER ------------------ 小舟從此逝 江海寄餘生
    - Victory goes not to the able, but to the ambitious.