Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Electro dragons on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubah21212 View Post
    These things are stupidly OP on defense. Anything else comes out of that CC it's no problem but if an electro drag comes out it's game over. Problem is it hits so hard and so many troops all in 1 go. Sure, a loon can do some splash damage and lots of it but they can be countered because of their low HP. But an electro dragon at TH9/TH10 means destruction. These things need to be nerfed or their electricity should only be able to chain to like 4 or 5 tops instead of everything, it even reached across 2 defenses to kill some of my troops. These things have got to be controlled.
    *scratching head*

Our th9s and 10s do not have a problem handling max edrag cc defense.

Edrags are easy to deal with when the attack goes as planned. However, if the queen doesn't follow the KS edrags can be the absolute worst (unless you've got some wizards or witches following behind it. I think this is primarily because they are so slow they hit the KS so late.

This is especially bad when you need to enter the base on the opposite side of the CC. Luring is a problem in an of itself as the edrag takes so long to cross the base that you must speed through the rest of your attack. When all goes as planned though they are virtually worthless.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH8-12
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm permamax (for now)
    TH11 - doug 50/50/20 heroes

I normally take out the cc troops on the go with my kill squad (TH9 witch slap) which has had mixed results against Edrag.

In an effort for better results, someone made the following suggestion to me, although I have not tried it yet.

Use 5 wiz and a poison against the EDrag, plus a hog to pull and as many archers as necessary to lure the Edrag away. When the Edrag is lured away, drop the poison and 3 wiz spaced around it. It will get at least one shot off before your wiz kill it, but if the wiz are spaced out enough, it should only get one wiz per shot (I've seen a video that seems to support this). When a wiz goes down, add another wiz in its place. I've run the numbers (using lvl 6 wiz) and the wiz should kill it before it gets a 2nd shot off (regardless of Edrag lvl). Even if your timing isn't so good, it should still only get off 2 shots before your wiz take it out.

Forum Elder
    2 hours ago you started a thread saying how much you enjoyed using hogs and miners in a mass army and getting loads of 3 stars ( even without your Queen)

An hour later and you have encountered 1 base where there is an electro drag in the cc and are crying out for a nerf because your land based army has no counter.

sigh......
    Quote Originally Posted by kajid View Post
    Loot difficulty has gone up again today by 2.5% Why do they keep increasing the loot difficulty this makes the game not worth playing and before you all say there is more inactive bases and less active players it still shouldn't be a 2.5% increase in difficulty.

Pro Member
    That definitely hits more than 5 targets, just took out at least 10 of my miners in 1 shot. That wiki may refer to defenses but when it comes to troops it seems to have no limits.
    It's 5 targets regardless of on offense or on defense. I've had times where it seems like it takes out more, but there's other defenses targeting the troops as well.

And I do poison them, it's not enough to kill it.
    Using a poison is a great start, but it doesn't kill all CC troops. Regular dragons, e-dragons, hounds, and others can survive a poison. So they require other troops that can target air to finish taking them out.

My queen is down so if she is the only counter you guys can suggest then this troop is OP. There shouldn't be one troop that comes out of that CC that i instantly think "this attack is done" it should all be manageable and edrags are not. Like i said before, loons i can counter because they have low HP, but edrags, 1 shot and your attack is thwarted. This troop needs a massive nerf.
    No nerf is needed. The queen is just the easiest counter to cc air troops. Other viable options include wizards, witches, baby dragons, and regular dragons. With a mass minor attack any air troop in the CC is going to give you problems. Balloons can be handled with a poison and freeze combo, but regular and electric dragons won't.

My first bit of advice would be to bring a few hogs to lure the CC first. Then a baby dragon and some archers to handle it in a corner along with the poison spell before starting the minor part of your attack. If the CC is not able to be lured, then you may need some wizards/witches for back up to your minors. While the e-drag is charging up slowly under poison the wizards/witches can take him out quickly.

That definitely hits more than 5 targets, just took out at least 10 of my miners in 1 shot. That wiki may refer to defenses but when it comes to troops it seems to have no limits. And I do poison them, it's not enough to kill it. My queen is down so if she is the only counter you guys can suggest then this troop is OP. There shouldn't be one troop that comes out of that CC that i instantly think "this attack is done" it should all be manageable and edrags are not. Like i said before, loons i can counter because they have low HP, but edrags, 1 shot and your attack is thwarted. This troop needs a massive nerf.
    I have countered many electro dragon in my raids. Neither they are OP nor they hit more than 5 target (Do a Fc and spam the Elecro dragon with 6 archer at a single place and this will verify your facts) doing mass miner attack without queen and even dragon will wipe out your miners faster then Electro dragon.
    Last edited by Pankaj12; 1 Week Ago at 09:57 PM.

Forum Superstar
    That definitely hits more than 5 targets, just took out at least 10 of my miners in 1 shot. That wiki may refer to defenses but when it comes to troops it seems to have no limits. And I do poison them, it's not enough to kill it. My queen is down so if she is the only counter you guys can suggest then this troop is OP. There shouldn't be one troop that comes out of that CC that i instantly think "this attack is done" it should all be manageable and edrags are not. Like i said before, loons i can counter because they have low HP, but edrags, 1 shot and your attack is thwarted. This troop needs a massive nerf.
    The problem is your army and your attacking. Sounds to me like your just rolling the dice with miners and expecting to get lucky from enemy CC's. You are leaving yourself vulnerable and now want a nerf.

Either have a plan to deal with it (which you currently aren't doing) or live with it. It's seriously one of the weakest CC troops in the game.

It’s OP if you don’t plan for it. You can’t expect every troop to be manageable with every army. If I’m using lalo, edrags pose a threat if they survive the king and queen setup. If I’m using hogs, I make sure my queen charge gets into the base to take out the cc. If I’m using BoWitch, I use the witches to take out the cc.

Also theres this thing called a poison spell. Use them with a setup and they’re just these big blue flying hunks of dragon steak.

Thanks so much to TerMinus Prime for the sig pic!
    Th11/Bh9
    King: 49 Queen: 47 Warden: 20 BM: 25
    Clan: DarkIceWarfare

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #19
    As others have said, this is one of the weaker defensive CC troops, which is why you hardly ever see it at higher levels.

Witches are much worse, as are Lava Hounds.

Oh, and they definitely do NOT hit ore than 5 targets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Against miners and hogs, witches are far stronger IMO. Miners get stalled by the skeletons while they are fired upon by defenses.

Electro dragon is not that much of a problem against troops with decent movement speed like miners,hogs and valks- especially when they are under rage or haste.