Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: These troop events...

These troop events...

Man, I must say I've ALWAYS hated troop events... No, I don't want to use lavaloon but you are forcing me to and it's kinda annoying. But, finally, last week I understood it. So lately I've been using mass miner, mostly for DE farming but also farming for walls so it kinda doubled up. Then this hog rider event came along, and i was thinking this sucks, but i needed to add at least 10 hog riders, so at TH10 with max hogs and miners I decided to do a combo and do 30 miners and 12 hogs. Well, let's just say I finished the event and kept using the army. I don't know why but that combo has earned me more 3 stars than mass miner has and a lot more success even when I don't 3 star a base.

So, what I'm saying is, I now understand the point of these troop events. Granted I don't want to use lavaloon I like to complete as much as possible so I'm going to use it, but air is just not my style. But forcing me to add those hogs was well worth it!

Forum Elder
    Erm..
    No one is forcing you or anyone else to do these events!

However I get what you are saying.

As my buddy Affront stated in a post recently.. They offer the discounted 'incentive' and rewards to complete the tasks. (much like clan games, only the events are individualized) No one is under any obligation to complete the event(s). and he also noted that these troop events help to expand on our normal load outs. in this case you have found one that is really great for you! (which is awesome IMO)

and I am glad you found a new comp to mash with. What I like about Hog/Miner mix (HoMi) is the Miners clean up while the Hogs cleanse the defs. and since Miners dont get hung up on walls they make for a perfect pair.

GL Chief!

With these prizes just skip them.
    Reduce your signatures.

Like me, I'm not going to do lavahound event, I don't even ever used my resources potion xDD, well 20 gems, but for 20 gems, I need to use my brain for 12 attacks? no thanks

- Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown
    - Some would question if the risk was worth it. The Rest were already dead.
    - OK BOOMER ------------------ 小舟從此逝 江海寄餘生
    - Victory goes not to the able, but to the ambitious.

Hogs have been good at th10 since they got the extra level a while back. OK not so good if looking for dark but good all the same. Glad you you tried them

Quote Originally Posted by RachelDawnAmber View Post
    Like me, I'm not going to do lavahound event, I don't even ever used my resources potion xDD, well 20 gems, but for 20 gems, I need to use my brain for 12 attacks? no thanks
    You can simply atrack using 2 hounds and the rest dragons, rage them all up. I am doing that now. Electro should also work.

Forum Champion
    They aren't compulsory.

SC will be tracking event participation. If numbers are down they will rejig them (again).

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro666 View Post
    You can simply atrack using 2 hounds and the rest dragons, rage them all up. I am doing that now. Electro should also work.
    Hounds, Blimp and eDrag works well on many bases

Seems like a lot of the people responding didn't read the original message!

Glad you found a way to make it work for you, Dubah! I sometimes use the events to do a big trophy push with cheap troops too.

Sandy
    TheCrimsonKeep (#JQVJVUR): Serious war clan. th10+. Adults, supportive and friendly. Always improving.
    TheCrimsonKeep2 (#GVVU90VU): Casual war clan. Balanced th7+. Takes a day off between wars.
    TheCrimsonGate (#8J9QVPRCQ): Feeder to TCK and TCK2. Recruiting th7+. Learn the ropes.

Crab Claw
    TH13s at Legends and Titans are doing it, loons might be tough for many of us to use anymore, but I hear 2 hounds with edrags and a few loons is ok to get a decent 1* at least so worth it to some people.