Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Fishing for the golden trout

Fresh Spawn

Fishing for the golden trout

Anybody have tips on catching the golden trout. It requires the yellow lure and I have been trying to catch one for several years.

Most likely with my nose buried in the DD
    As you said you must use yellow lure and fish only in the spot that has the waterfall. Itís been years since I caught another one but if I remember correctly look for the smallest circle, even smaller than the ones needed to catch the heavy-weight fish during fishing events like the one currently on. If youíre not sure how small a circle you need wait til the fishing event is over and itíll be easier to tell. If it doesnít fight like the dickens let it go because itíll end up being a rudd. If it puts up a really good fight itíll be either the golden trout or sometimes a greater redhorse. Good luck!

Yes, it’s the tiniest circle and the fish will fight. It was the 2nd to last fish I caught to complete my fishing book. It is extremely rare and requires patience and precious gold lures so if it doesn’t fight even if the circle is small break off as it’s likely to be a Rudd. You catch it in the spot by the waterfall I think

There’s a long fishing thread, try pages 163-165 for advice

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...t=Fishing+tips

the golden trout is the smallest circle in spot 3, but there are also several other fish that have the tiny circle in that spot so you have to keep casting (usually 1/50 casts is a trout) until you get one that races on the line and darts immediately for the outer circle.

I would avoid trying for the golden trout during fishing events. The event fish can be caught there as well.
    Farm 141
    CoC TH12 BhB9 AQ 60 BK 53 GW 26
    established level 18 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by QBIE View Post
    As you said you must use yellow lure and fish only in the spot that has the waterfall. It’s been years since I caught another one but if I remember correctly look for the smallest circle, even smaller than the ones needed to catch the heavy-weight fish during fishing events like the one currently on. If you’re not sure how small a circle you need wait til the fishing event is over and it’ll be easier to tell. If it doesn’t fight like the dickens let it go because it’ll end up being a rudd. If it puts up a really good fight it’ll be either the golden trout or sometimes a greater redhorse. Good luck!
    Thank you for this advice - I got one!

Unfortunately it was a silver weight, which is the only weight I've got before. I'll keep trying...

Hay Day level 182 (main farm) - I have seven others!

Most likely with my nose buried in the DD
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowslips View Post
    Thank you for this advice - I got one! Unfortunately it was a silver weight, which is the only weight I've got before. I'll keep trying...
    Yay!.....Awww....Iíll be trying along with u. Thought I was done with the bugger but after the update to the fishing area Iím on the hunt for the platinum weight

Quote Originally Posted by Jennyannec View Post
    Yes, itís the tiniest circle and the fish will fight. It was the 2nd to last fish I caught to complete my fishing book. It is extremely rare and requires patience and precious gold lures so if it doesnít fight even if the circle is small break off as itís likely to be a Rudd. You catch it in the spot by the waterfall I think
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowslips View Post
    Thank you for this advice - I got one!

Unfortunately it was a silver weight, which is the only weight I've got before. I'll keep trying...
    Yes. Thanks. 😊

Having read this thread I went looking to see what weight I needed in yon ďGolden TroutĒ. Turns out itís one of three fish that clearly donít live in my pond. 😏 Iíve never caught one. Iíll definitely use your tip one of these days. After trying for several (frustrating) years Iíve mostly set aside completing the book. Iím not placing that monkey back on my back. 🙈 So Iíll get to it when I get to it. 😉 But sincerely, thank you. Great tip.

Edit: not three. Four. Four fish I have never caught in my pond. Almost six years in. And not for lack of trying. That blasted monkey is chittering up in the mango tree. Hold on while I get my air gun...
    Last edited by BostonGirl; 5 Days Ago at 09:22 AM.

I tried to fish for it on Friday night and caught it at my second try by the waterfall. First round I didn't had the small circle so I let it go...second one was very small so I took the risk "hoping" it was the golden trout, It didn't put up a big fight so I figure it wasn't one..but I got lucky.
    Last edited by AngelX; 4 Days Ago at 08:09 PM. Reason: edit
    Farm level 90/ Town level 26
    Farmer ID: 20LRYQJU8