Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Champion shield delay

Champion shield delay

I'm sure other people have noticed this but the shield release animation is too long. Chances are the hero dies before releasing the shield. If a single inferno, group of loons or a series of defenses are hitting the champion the hero dies from the time you hit the ability till the time the shield releases. I feel the shield should go regardless if the ability is selected. Shorten the delay mostly. Idk just a bit annoying to not see it deploy.

Forum Superstar
    Her ability is not instant, unlike the other 3 heroes. Use it early or lose it is what i've learned.

I personally like it - still adds a bit of realization when it comes to using hero abilities instead of relying on the game to automatically use them. Was nice watching in Judo's stream when a spotter did not spot the single target inferno on the RC - and she got fried like a fly in a bug zapper before her ability could engage. Maintains a level of skill is still needed when attacking (and defending for that matter).

Centennial Club
    As spartan said, this adds a degree of difficulty that I am okay with - you need to be careful not to launch her right at a single mode inferno or an enemy hero, as they will burn her up.

Quote Originally Posted by Indraj1t View Post
    As spartan said, this adds a degree of difficulty that I am okay with - you need to be careful not to launch her right at a single mode inferno or an enemy hero, as they will burn her up.
    Fair point except there's a lot more than just heroes and singles to worry about. It's a defensive seeking troop that hops walls. It's almost guarenteed at some point she will draw aggro from multiple defenses. I've had instances where I pop her ability at roughly half health and she's still killed before the shield releases even with no inferno or hero on her. As it is it's like a 2 second delay for the shield to pop. Just seems a bit annoying to me.

I mean even Captain America's shield ain't a Gatling gun, still need to pull back his arm and throw it, I think it's pretty accurate for how royal champion would throw the shield

- Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown
    - Some would question if the risk was worth it. The Rest were already dead.
    - OK BOOMER ------------------ 小舟從此逝 江海寄餘生
    - Victory goes not to the able, but to the ambitious.

Centennial Club
    I think the delay is good. I do however (and this has happened a few times) do not like the fact that:
    If you pop the ability, and she gets frozen by a defending Ice Golem before she throws the shield, it gets 'cancelled'. No shield gets thrown, and she continues normal attacks when the freeze effect goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDutch View Post
    I think the delay is good. I do however (and this has happened a few times) do not like the fact that:
    If you pop the ability, and she gets frozen by a defending Ice Golem before she throws the shield, it gets 'cancelled'. No shield gets thrown, and she continues normal attacks when the freeze effect goes away.
    Double sided edge on that one.
    Guess you wouldn't want her to throw her shield after she does get released out of the freeze, just to realize her ability does target another row of defences, since something destroyed the def you were planning her to throw her shield into.
    Only thing would be to let her continue the shieldthrow regardless of the freeze. And that is another matter of 'no other hero does that', which does allow for more discussions about that. Like freezing the time spend in rage/cloak, while hero is frozen, etc.
    Exchanged one can of worms for another.
    Last edited by Luicetarro; 5 Days Ago at 10:08 PM.

You do know that the RC shield throw counts as an attack, right? If she is running and not attacking, it comes out almost instantaneously. However, if she is already attacking a defense, the shield throw is queued into her attack count timing. That is what causes the delay.

Iím more miffed that if an ice golem freezes her mid-ability, the shield is lost.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Luicetarro View Post
    Double sided edge on that one.
    Guess you wouldn't want her to throw her shield after she does get released out of the freeze, just to realize her ability does target another row of defences, since something destroyed the def you were planning her to throw her shield into.
    Only thing would be to let her continue the shieldthrow regardless of the freeze. And that is another matter of 'no other hero does that', which does allow for more discussions about that. Like freezing the time spend in rage/cloak, while hero is frozen, etc.
    Exchanged one can of worms for another.
    I get your point. But usually, when I use the RC ability, it is to keep her alive. Part of keeping her alive is the health gain (which always happens), and the other part is - usually - destroying a few defences which have targeted her. If that shield throw doesn't happen, all she does is tank a couple more hits before dying off.

Now with what llcarus said, I assume the throw is 'cancelled' because a freeze resets the attack queue, and if the RC has initiated the shield throw, but gets frozen before she actually throws it, it just gets reset to normal attacks. Kind of wish that if the shield isn't thrown yet, that would still happen after the freeze wears off. If she then targets different defences with the shield... Well, isn't that just part of a good attack strategy? Knowing to use the ability earlier to avoid taking out other defenses?