Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Spring Traps vs Eternal Tome

Spring Traps vs Eternal Tome

Since starting with hog riders, Iíve not only complained a lot less about the warden AI (as youíve probably noticed lol), but Iíve also gotten much more patient with my attacks (sometimes too patient) and been able to analyze a base much more effectively. Iíve also had issues when raiding without my Queen.

But Iíve also noticed something else. Hog riders arenít completely immune to damage when under the wardenís active ability. They can still get launched by spring traps. Iím sure this applies to other troops as well, so why does it do this?

I feel like spring traps shouldnít affect troops under the Eternal Tome. Anyone else feel the same way? I appreciate your feedback. Thank you.

Thanks so much to TerMinus Prime for the sig pic!
    Th12/Bh9
    King: 50 Queen: 50 Warden: 20 BM: 28
    Clan: DarkIceWarfare

I think the GW ability prevents troops from taking damage but the spring trap doesn't do damage in that sense (decrease health points). It just flings the troops off the map. So it kind of makes sense the way it is now.
    Thank you very much to TerMinus Prime for this beautiful signature!

I play Hay Day and Clash of Clans.
    (English is not my first language. I'm sorry for any mistakes.)

Quote Originally Posted by OutOfIdeas View Post
    I think the GW ability prevents troops from taking damage but the spring trap doesn't do damage in that sense (decrease health points). It just flings the troops off the map. So it kind of makes sense the way it is now.
    Same applies to Air Sweepers since they don't deal damage, but can still push air units under the Eternal Tome.

Main Account: Darkwindô | Alt Account: DARDANIUS

Clan: CAESARS BOYZ (LV 14 - Gold II)

Standing outside a broken Clan Castle with Gold in my hand
    Spring Traps are more of an insta-kill with no damage dealt. Best comparison is exiled rather than damaged in M:TG terms.

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    Spring Traps are more of an insta-kill with no damage dealt. Best comparison is exiled rather than damaged in M:TG terms.
    THAT is a great analogy, and pretty appropriate.
    AKA Tank Puppy

ďIn ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.Ē
    Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    THAT is a great analogy, and pretty appropriate.
    Thanks. I was a little worried making a reference to a game I haven’t played in almost 20 years (but still follow).

I don't get the reference but don't like 'insta-kill'. I don't think they are dead. I like to think that they land in a nice place where there are no more battles and live happily ever after
    Thank you very much to TerMinus Prime for this beautiful signature!

I play Hay Day and Clash of Clans.
    (English is not my first language. I'm sorry for any mistakes.)

Quote Originally Posted by OutOfIdeas View Post
    I don't get the reference but don't like 'insta-kill'. I don't think they are dead. I like to think that they land in a nice place where there are no more battles and live happily ever after
    They don’t die from being launched, but I’m sure they splat when they land. In either case, happy or splatty, they’re removed from the battle without receiving damage upon Trap activation, so damage prevention or healing effects in battle can’t stop it from occurring.